PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign LB Jonathan Freeny to 2-year extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the time, it was for a lot more money than what he was worth...Exceedingly overpaid at the time for what he brought. BB found that out soon enough....
Basically it was $2.4m in 2009 and $2.3 in 2010.

Playing both safety spots and a core STer isn't a huge reach but it's a bit high.

Most here would cut our #3 LB, a player who has played a lot for us. Belichick chose to extend him instead, especially with Ninkovich injured.

And to state the VERY obvious. We now have two linebackers signed through 2018: Freeney and KGH.

Elandon Roberts showed a lot the last two games. I guess theey don't have a space for him now.
Hope he didn't show too much ... would love him on our PS

I have a funny suspicion that sometimes BB just likes to give to this board some of what he regularly serves in his pressroom. With the same grin ...

so..you ARE a wordsmyth....for the longest time I thought you thought words were a myth...I get confused easily....anyway, I appreciate a concise turn of a phrase..BRAVO!

FWIW: Lots of us were puzzled by Bolden's extension too, but he started playing his best football after.

I expect the Patriots to put the franchise tag on one player (Collins or Hightower) and put a first
round RFA tender on Butler next March. The other players will be allowed to test the market.

Jonny Freeny: useless, unathletic trash.

The most over-rated FO in football continues to make moves that can only be described as wastefully, suicidally ******ed.

Jonny Freeny: useless, unathletic trash.
He's actually very athletic for his position. Not saying his play equals that athleticism but if you want to criticize Freeney, his athleticism is the wrong attack path to take.

I have a funny suspicion that sometimes BB just likes to give to this board some of what he regularly serves in his pressroom. With the same grin ...

BB to Caserio: "Nick, I'm bored.....Every year, the same ol' thing.....contention for the playoffs if not the Super Bowl.....win, win, win.....it just get boring ", and he lets out a long sigh.

Caserio: "How about completely changing the offense? Maybe a 4 tight end offense?"

BB: "No, that would piss off Tom....and I've got to stay on his good side, he says when he runs for President he may make me his Press Secretary", he briefly chortles, "then I can really screw with the press."

Caserio: "Well, how about screwing with the Pats Fans? How about cutting their favorite player?"

BB: "No, everyone on this team is just too dang likable and professional, I've dumped all of the knuckleheads. I hate to cut somebody just because I'm bored"

Caserio: "Well, then, how about unexpectedly extending someone that the Pats Fans hate?"

BB: starting to brighten, "well, that's an idea....who is it on the team that is the most under appreciated by the Pats Fans self proclaimed experts"....."How about Freeney?"...."Once we extend him, we can ask him to start going full speed just to drive the fans crazy!".....BB giggles uncontrollably for a few seconds......"Call Freeney's agent!"

Last edited:
Predictions - Freeny's new cap number will not be any higher than his old cap number of $1,743,740. His 200,000 in LTBE playing-time incentives will be eliminated from his deal for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes