PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign Joey Galloway [mergedx4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to get overly excited about this one. I agree Galloway is up there in age and he might have hit the age wall along with the injury wall. I don't even know if he is lock to make the final 53 man roster yet. Let's see what he can do in training camp and preseason before I even pencil him into the Pats' depth chart.

If he has anything left, this is a good signing. Otherwise, it is a low risk move, but not a huge amount of upside.

He was the FA WR I was hoping for all along. This year's offense has the potential to be every bit as good as 2007's. :D

I'm not going to get overly excited about this one. I agree Galloway is up there in age and he might have hit the age wall along with the injury wall. I don't even know if he is lock to make the final 53 man roster yet. Let's see what he can do in training camp and preseason before I even pencil him into the Pats' depth chart.

If he has anything left, this is a good signing. Otherwise, it is a low risk move, but not a huge amount of upside.

I'm with you. I know the name, but can't recall the last time I heard about him doing anything spectacular. Course on this squad his age won't be as much of a liability as long as he can make a few important plays per game, take some of the heat off Randy and Wes.

Maybe he'll be one of those guys who doesn't make the 53 in September but would be brought back later in the season if an injury leaves us with an open spot. (Provided of course he doesn't sign somewhere else.)

I'm as optimistic as the next guy, but...

He is 38 years old and coming off an injury riddled year that saw him catch 13 passes in 9 games. Why the excitement over a guy that, if we draft a decent receiver, wont get through training camp?
He is the #3 WR, not the #1. He gets on the field with Moss and Welker. How could you not like this?

Yeah he was hurt last year. So was Brady. Doesn't mean they won't be any good this year. You got to sign a guy because of what you think he will do this year, not what he did last year. But if you insist, he had 1000 yards a game the year before. And the year before that, too.

A good signing..I mean why NOT have another deep threat?? And maybe slower..but still athletic and smart...THAT is important as well..Another solid target.

I do love how you twist arguments that you've lost because you can't just admit you were wrong. It's fun watching you whine about it thread after thread rather than just admit that your point was poorly stated and incorrect as argued. What's more, the passive aggressive manner you do it is always a treat.

Good stuff, though, really.... :deadhorse:

Yup - I've argued that the Patriots needed to have a better deep WR threat than Gaffney opposite Moss. You've taken a strong stand opposed to that notion and have ample statistics to "prove" why you're right.

Looks like you and Belichick proved me wrong by letting Gaffney go and signing Galloway. :rofl:

Hey - by the way, how'd your prediction that there was no way on God's green earth that Cassel would ever sign the franchise tender go?

Do you think I should put your erroneous prediction in my signature line? Or would that just make me look like a pathetic loser? :D

Last edited:
A good signing..I mean why NOT have another deep threat?? And maybe slower..but still athletic and smart...THAT is important as well..Another solid target.

Some think that having another deep threat WR would actually make it EASIER on the opposing defense. I'm not sure why.

Yup - I've argued that the Patriots needed to have a better deep WR threat opposite Moss.

Looks like you and Belichick proved me wrong with the Galloway signing. :rofl:

Hey - by the way, how'd your prediction that there was no way on God's green earth that Cassel would ever sign the franchise tender go?

Do you think I should put your erroneous prediction in my signature line? Or would that just make me look like a pathetic loser? :D

Well, given that the last time, you actually rigged the sig, as I showed you to have done, you do as you wish. Please, feel free. Of course, it's funny that I wanted the team to sign Galloway, yet you keep making certain claims against what I said.

Of course, when people realize that you've been deliberately lying about what I've said and taking it out of context, it suddenly begins to make sense.

As for you looking like a pathetic loser, how would that be any different than how you look now when you move goalposts, take points out of context, flat-out lie and wrongly keep beating the same dead horse for years?

Last edited:
I'm with you. I know the name, but can't recall the last time I heard about him doing anything spectacular. Course on this squad his age won't be as much of a liability as long as he can make a few important plays per game, take some of the heat off Randy and Wes.

Maybe he'll be one of those guys who doesn't make the 53 in September but would be brought back later in the season if an injury leaves us with an open spot. (Provided of course he doesn't sign somewhere else.)

Uh, were you asleep during 2007?

Low risk, high reward signing. Only question is if he can stay healthy.

Last edited:
might have one year left in the tank

He is competition for Greg Lewis for the #3 receiver. If he can't

beat out Lewis, that would be a good thing for the Patriots.

Why is the Herald snoozing on these signings? Have they laid

off all their reporters?

Last edited:
I would have benn a lot happier if this had happened before we traded for Greg Lewis. I think Galloway will be a tremendous 3rd option, at least until november.

But that is mostly based on I have several co-workers and friends who are big Eagles fans who all described Lewis as a garbage reciever who sucks as a returner.

So now I still think the team needs to draft another reciever, and would need to cut Lewis, and so lost a 5th round pick.

I would have benn a lot happier if this had happened before we traded for Greg Lewis. I think Galloway will be a tremendous 3rd option, at least until november.

But that is mostly based on I have several co-workers and friends who are big Eagles fans who all described Lewis as a garbage reciever who sucks as a returner.

So now I still think the team needs to draft another reciever, and would need to cut Lewis, and so lost a 5th round pick.

Again, I have to ask: What on earth does the order of signings have to do with anything?

You know who else used to be garbage? Jabar Gaffney.

I wonder how many of these signings would have been possible had we still been holding out for a #1 for Cassel.

Why is the Herald snoozing on these signings? Have they laid off all their reporters?

Have to laugh at this since--and I'm not saying it was you--there was a lot or talk about putting the Herald out of business after CameraKerfuffle. Looks like the lack of readership and the failing economy might put both the Boston dailies out of business.

Again, I have to ask: What on earth does the order of signings have to do with anything?

You know who else used to be garbage? Jabar Gaffney.

If Galloway is signed first, I do not think the trade for Lewis is neccesary.

The Patriot's new Director Of Pro Personnel, Jason Licht, was

Assistant Director Of Pro Personnel with the Eagles 2004-2008.

Hopefully, he can judge Greg Lewis more objectively than your friends.

Re: Pats sign Galloway

its obvious BB is going for the SB and ring number 4......
You mean he hasn't been doing that the last four years?!? :eek:

Last edited:
I wonder how many of these signings would have been possible had we still been holding out for a #1 for Cassel.

Not very many.

If Galloway is signed first, I do not think the trade for Lewis is neccesary.

Sure it is. Galloway is old and not very durable. If he stays healthy, he can contribute, but that's far too big of a risk to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back