PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign Joey Galloway [mergedx4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another good signing ?? Or Training Camp Competition?? I think the former.. this team was kick ass before, but now even more.

I am going to text one of my best friends right now, who is a Bucs fan. I'd post his replies for our entertainment value, but I'm guessing there's a profanity filter here!

:singing:

alright, now everyone stay healthy for once

Last edited:
I'm as optimistic as the next guy, but...

He is 38 years old and coming off an injury riddled year that saw him catch 13 passes in 9 games. Why the excitement over a guy that, if we draft a decent receiver, wont get through training camp?

offense is fine, now its time to improve the defense.

Wow, didn't see this one coming. Great move, can probably still play if he stays healthy. Amazing three WR Moss Welker and Galloway. Imagine 3 receivers going to the pro bowl next season :D

Re: Galloway to the Patriots

I would have rather had Holt, but I'm sure Galloway was much cheaper.

Awesome move.

BB's phone is going to be off the hook soon with all the trade offers between now and draft day. Smart move overall I think and it moves Welker back to the slot for TB's return.:D:D:D:D

He is 38 years old and coming off an injury riddled year that saw him catch 13 passes in 9 games. Why the excitement over a guy that, if we draft a decent receiver, wont get through training camp?

He is actually only 37. Doesn't turn 38 until November 20. But I am with you. He's pretty damn old...like Troy Brown old........but a freak athlete in his day....

Agreed. I don't have high expectations for him at all -heck he may not even make the team. Not to mention that I would rather have Troy Brown back!

Re: Pats sign Galloway

after all the injuries last year, we are restocking big time on important positions. I'm glad the idea of bringing in enough competition within the team, not to mention motivation and start 09 season strongly with good players and good backups.

This is a great cheap signing and it helps us short term, i still think we should go for a WR in the draft coming up. Probably on day 2(not if we grab Robiskie).

This is a great cheap signing and it helps us short term, i still think we should go for a WR in the draft coming up. Probably on day 2(not if we grab Robiskie).

The biggest thing I see from this is that it gives the Patriots the opportunity to return to the true spread offense. If we could pick up, say Aaron Kelly, through the draft it would give the Patriots 5 legitimate receivers, and the Patriots could return to that spread offense pass heavy attack that we saw back in 2002 and 2003, although the Pats have personnel for just about every offense.

Good signing - Galloway might be getting older but he still has speed and deep threat receiving abilities.

Though don't tell that to certain Patsfans members (who are entitled to their opinion no matter how wrong they might be!)

They'll argue til they're blue in the face that Gaffney is a deep threat WR and others will further argue that not only do the Patriots have nothing to gain by putting an deep threat WR opposite Moss - the offense might actually SUFFER if they do.

Good thing that Belichick knows more about football than guys like that.

Good signing - Galloway might be getting older but he still has speed and deep threat receiving abilities.

Though don't tell that to certain Patsfans members (who are entitled to their opinion no matter how wrong they might be!)

They'll argue til they're blue in the face that Gaffney is a deep threat WR and others will further argue that not only do the Patriots have nothing to gain by putting an deep threat WR opposite Moss - the offense might actually SUFFER if they do.

I liked Gaffney, but after those clutch times hes dropped the ball im not that sad hes gone.

I just wanna know if he can block on Welker's slip screens. :D

I do love how you twist arguments that you've lost because you can't just admit you were wrong. It's fun watching you whine about it thread after thread rather than just admit that your point was poorly stated and incorrect as argued. What's more, the passive aggressive manner you do it is always a treat.

Good stuff, though, really.... :deadhorse:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back