Patriots sign Gerard Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mix

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Per Adam Schefter

After a draft in which they selected three Florida players, the Patriots reached agreement with former Florida 1st-round pick Gerard Warren.

Taken 4 picks (or so) ahead of Seymour in that draft. JAG at this point but should compete to make the team. TONS of DL competition this year.

May explain why no D-linemen until the 7th round...

Not getting this at all. The guy is old.

Not getting this at all. The guy is old.

He'll be 32 at the start of the season. He isn't ancient.

I don't know if he can make the final 53 man roster, but why not let him compete?

It's a freakin' FLYER, people. What's to hate? See if BB can get something out of him, then let him go. Who cares?

Tossing another name into the hat to start at RDE.

They're going to throw a lot of bodies at the DE position. Sounds good to me. There's no Seymour replacement and no money if there was.

Keep throwing different big bodies at the position until we find what works.

If you don't think teams would be beating us up for our lunch money with Wright playing there every snap you're nuts. Don't need a vituoso, just hold the line.

Warren may be a good fit as an inside player in sub packages.
Warren and Wright inside with Ty Warren also, with TBC and TBD outside, and its starting to come together, especially if either Crable or Cunningham can fill the other outside rusher spot.

2 warrens make a wright

...and the DE hole still isn't filled.

So nobody worth a damn was available?

Warren may not have reached the expectations of his draft status, but he has had a decent pro career. If we all knew of him as a 4th rounder from Iowa State in 2001, people would be fine with the pickup.

Hes fine for 15-20 snaps a game. If he doesn't make the squad, so be it.

Last edited:
Somehow, if the Jets can survive with Mike DeVito at DE on the league's best defense, I suspect we'll be okay.

Different teams, different circumstances. DE was clearly this defense's Achilles heel. So far it's seen JAGs thrown at the position. However, I suspect BB knows this and will fill with a capable body before Week 1.

They're going to throw a lot of bodies at the DE position. Sounds good to me. There's no Seymour replacement and no money if there was.

Keep throwing different big bodies at the position until we find what works.

If you don't think teams would be beating us up for our lunch money with Wright playing there every snap you're nuts. Don't need a vituoso, just hold the line.

Yup... it's a good signing, and ir's worth seeing how it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes