PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign former Raiders pass rusher Trevor Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if he has any experience standing up as a OLB?

As a 4-3 OLB, yes. So he's basically done everything he'd be asked to do as a 3-4 OLB, except that it was from either a 4-3 DE or 4-3 OLB spot.

As a 4-3 OLB, yes. So he's basically done everything he'd be asked to do as a 3-4 OLB, except that it was from either a 4-3 DE or 4-3 OLB spot.

Thanks!

I'm really excited about this pickup.

* We Got Trevor Scott!! *

BOO Yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Re: * We Got Trevor Scott!! *

Whoops!! Sorry, Mods, I looked but missed it!! Please do your thing!! :D

He was once a star tight end at Potstam High School. Should be real blue collar BB type coming from this town in northern NY. (in the middle of nowhere).

May he stay healthy.

Which is very cool for me, because my daughter is a freshman at Potsdam University.

Working for competition on the bottom 5 of the roster today, it seems....

Scott has been a lot more than that. You should research him.

Bye bye Marc Anderson? Does this guarantee we are switching back to a 3-4?

It's a flyer move. Nothing more. If he had 7 sacks in 2011, I'd be more enthralled.

Good depth add and could compete for a situational role.

Re: * We Got Trevor Scott!! *

hell yes! next, Adam Seward!

Anyone know if he has any experience standing up as a OLB?

I hope he can help out pass rush after 2 years since his ACL injury.

Typical Pats move, low risk, high reward!

Yes, he has stand up experience. In 2010, before he got hurt, the Raiders would move him around on the line alot in the nickel. Kind of like a rover type. He might be outside the Tackle, then shift down over the guard, then move to the other side and finally move over the center and rush from there, all on one snap. The next snap he would be outside the tackle with his hand on the ground. The next snap, he would start with his hand on the ground and then stand up and stunt inside. He had a great first step, and a couple decent moves. Real good motor. Blue collar small college guy. That being said, in Oakland, he was very poor against the run. Teams would run at him all day. But in his defense, he was a little small to be playing 4-3 DE, especially when it looked like his only job was to rush up field. Lots of times, he would run himself out of the plays that ran at him. If he can't learn to set the edge/play the run better in NE, I don't see him being anything more than a sub package pass rusher. Anderson is/was alot better against the run last year than Scott was in Oakland.I agree with most that say it is a good low risk/high reward signing. Most of the Oakland fans, thought he projected real well as a 3-4 OLB. I guess we will see. As far as his injury goes, he is NOT injury prone. He was injured by a real cheapshot on special teams by a Pittsburgh Steeler, Stevenson Sylvester, I believe. Scott was pulling up as a punt/kick went out of play at the end of the half when the Steeler blasted him in the back and all his weight came down on one leg. His ACL was all torn up, but that was November 2010. If he is ever going to be all the way back, it will be now. Hopefully he is healthy and he can pay back the favor.

Last edited:
83348672_display_image.jpg

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Bye bye Marc Anderson? Does this guarantee we are switching back to a 3-4?

The moves so far would seem to suggest that we'll be seeing more 3-4, at least, although both of the major defensive pickups so far (Scott, Fanene) are noted for their versatility. Sounds like, as usual, Belichick will be switching a lot between 3 and 4 down linemen.

6'5", 256 LBS, 27 years old, and he once ran a 4.52 forty. If he's still fast after his ACL surgery two years ago, than who knows? I agree with the others who said, now go get Lloyd and Landry.

I'm very satisfied with the teams approach thus far.

The ACL injury was in November of 2010 so it is understandable how his performance in 2011 could have taken a dip. He'll be 22 months removed from the time the injury occurred when the season starts, so hopefully the Pats will see the 2009 version of Scott when he had 43 tackles (38 solo) and seven sacks for the Raiders. He's missed a total of six games in his career, all in 2010 after that ACL injury, so I don't know if it's entirely accurate to characterize Scott as 'injury prone'.

He also was a TE at University of Buffalo. BB loves players that can do a few things. Winbley would have been a great pick up. This guy could be as good for one third of the $. I mentioned we should grab him after 2010 and was torched here. I believe Al gave him a dew more bucks. I am not positive about that.
I think that Wembley was picked up when Scott went down for the next season 2010. Ironic.
Who knows?
Could be a great pick up.
DW Toys

Interesting signing...this guy won't see a ton of snaps as far as I believe. Solid player but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's a minor contributor throughout the season.

He sounds like this years ...carter and anderson....and yes it takes time to come back from an ACL...I had it done and I wasnt close to 100 % after 1 year. Besides the lost of strength, it also affects you mentally....as you do become tentative and "think about" the injury. So, I see this as a signing with tons of upside.....

:rocker:

Look how welk and Brady came back though.....!!!! Brady was a little tentative when he came back in 2009.....Now he seems like the injury never happened....Welker came back ahead of schedule and NEVER seemed that gun shy to me. Hope the guy (Scott) can stay healthy here.....GO PATS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back