PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign DL Alan Branch, and release LB Deontae Skinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, sorry to break your heart but I guarantee that Deus is not that avatar.

I do agree with the concept of agreeing with whatever that kind of an avatar has to say. :D

Thanks Ian! :)

Speaking of avatars that are fun to look at, where is Supafly?

@supafly 's Avatar isn't bad..

EDIT: I'm going to have to keep this Avatar up much longer than I was anticipating.. sigh

EDIT2: Ok, removing Avatar of a dog in a thong.

Last edited:
sounds like...ahem...attending to a legal matter.
It was reported on Dale and Holley this afternoon that in accordance with the new substance abuse policy, Branch's DUI had to be adjudicated before 11/1, in order to avoid additional disciplinary action.

It was reported on Dale and Holley this afternoon that in accordance with the new substance abuse policy, Branch's DUI had to be adjudicated before 11/1, in order to avoid additional disciplinary action.
Any information on the resolution? I guess we will know more if he shows at practice tomorrow.

He is on the injury report as DNP with a non football related injury.
It said 'Not injury related' which is not the same thing as a non-football related injury.

@supafly 's Avatar isn't bad..

EDIT: I'm going to have to keep this Avatar up much longer than I was anticipating.. sigh

Thanks, DZ. There's a bit of a hidden meaning behind it, since my wife is a Cowboys fan and has had him in some Dallas garb in the past.

Sorry, Ed. I changed up the Scarlett Johannson avatar awhile ago. Once they hit their late 20s, they are pretty much useless to me ;) (That's a comment that will surely score me points with our female members).

This one is my German Shepard wearing my old Ty Law jersey. Kind of boring, but he and I are buddies (my Shepard, not Ty Law).

Any information on the resolution? I guess we will know more if he shows at practice tomorrow.
Have neither heard nor read about any outcome.

Sorry, Ed. I changed up the Scarlett Johannson avatar awhile ago. Once they hit their late 20s, they are pretty much useless to me ;) (That's a comment that will surely score me points with our female members).

This one is my German Shepard wearing my old Ty Law jersey. Kind of boring, but he and I are buddies (my Shepard, not Ty Law).

Ha! Looks like he changed it. No wonder i hadn't noticed him around.

And so NOW my comic genius reveals itself.. and my dog in a thong Avatar joke now makes sense.

That was waaay too much work.

Have neither heard nor read about any outcome.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/29/branch-resolves-dui-charge/

"Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Branch has wrapped up the charges that followed an August arrest. The incident prompted the Bills to cut him.

The Patriots didn’t mandate resolution of the case before signing him, but the source says the Pats preferred it.

Branch will now be subject to a two-game fine, with a maximum forfeiture of $50,000. Barring unusual circumstances, Branch won’t be suspended."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/29/branch-resolves-dui-charge/

"Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Branch has wrapped up the charges that followed an August arrest. The incident prompted the Bills to cut him.

The Patriots didn’t mandate resolution of the case before signing him, but the source says the Pats preferred it.

Branch will now be subject to a two-game fine, with a maximum forfeiture of $50,000. Barring unusual circumstances, Branch won’t be suspended."

Maybe he needed to clear that up and so missed practice?

I want to see that huge Mfer. You just can't pick up guys that big that can play usually.

If Deus actually was that avatar then I would be happy to agree with her on just about anything.

Modern medical science is fast approaching this possibility. :eek:

I have no delusions of grandeur. Here, I'm nothing more than an observer commenting on a game, the same as everyone else. You'll have to come up with better troll material.

In fact, don't bother. I'm tired of the stupidity around here.

If I promise to post a bit less, will you feel rested?

I had a pet theory (95% joking) that SB39 was a college class experiment collecting data on exactly that.. the different kind of responses that different kinds of Avatars will foster from other posters while saying much the same thing.

Otherwise, I don't see why anyone would choose to use a that particular petulant, smirking photo of King Joffrey... unless it was your intention to be a troll.

No surprise to any of you who might have had my name stick in your head, but I really dont like Deus the bully.

But Deus the football pundit is pretty awesome... even if I do feel he often confuses the act of being critical with his goal of perfect objectivity. All that is usually worth not having him on Ignore... well that and the threads without me seeing his posts or the posts where people have quoted him read like the kind of overly redacted documents the CIA might hand over to a junior Congressman they felt was getting too big for his britches.

Should be interesting to know if there is any link between the avatar and the responses to that poster.

I will be surprised to find if there is any, because when I respond to a post, I react to the words and message on the post.

That said, seeing the different avatar's is enjoyable because of the varied reactions each one might trigger: for eg, Love Uncle Rico's because he (uncle Rico that is) is one of my fav characters; i just drool at Deus' avataar for a minute before I read what he writes. :D The guy/gal who had King Joffrey actually changes it every quarter, or so I think. Those avatar's actually help me in triggering memories of the GOT episodes and so I actually look fwd seeing those avatars.

I kept MHK out of respect for my fav's team awesome owner; and as a gentle reminder that your near and dear ones are far more important than football. So, is the sobering avatar of some who still have the CT school in theirs.

Bottom line, I don't dwell much into why anyone would pick a particular avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes