PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign DL Alan Branch, and release LB Deontae Skinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Branch can help this year. Would like to cut down on Wilfork's snaps. 4 man rotation at dt with; Wilfork, Silega, Branch and Jones. I think we'll see Easley mostly at de this year given Chandler's injury and where he's getting his PT.
Michael Buchanan ending up on injured reserve hurt the defensive end depth.

Why does that not confirm why he was available for nothing?
Jonathan Casillas was never viewed by Tampa Bay as a starter. As a matter of fact, backup linebacker Brandon Magee was active for more games than Jonathan Casillas, 4 to 3.

Jonathan Casillas was never viewed by Tampa Bay as a starter. As a matter of fact, backup linebacker Brandon Magee was active for more games than Jonathan Casillas, 4 to 3.

Just as irrelevant that Skinner has seen more snaps than Mayo, the last few games...:confused::oops::)

Your opinion is irrelevant. BB sees him as a 3 down player, and his usage this year reflects that.

He can't stop the run. You can call it opinion all you want. Truth is truth. And BB has started a lot of players that he obviously didn't consider "very good" starters, so your appeal to authority is, to use your own words, irrelevant.

Just as irrelevant that Skinner has seen more snaps than Mayo, the last few games...:confused::oops::)
You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Mayo was placed on injured reserve.

Jonathan Casillas fell quickly down the Tampa Bay linebacker depth chart behind Danny Lansanah, Dane Fletcher, Brandon Magee.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Mayo was placed on injured reserve.

Jonathan Casillas fell quickly down the Tampa Bay linebacker depth chart behind Danny Lansanah, Dane Fletcher, Brandon Magee.

I don't know why you are being so argumentative.

I just humorously pointed out that if you are inactive for injury, or even on IR, you won't start, or get as many snaps as the active player(s).

As far as falling down the depth chart, I should hope the injured guy does, and the healthy guys rise.

Lighten Up.

He can't stop the run. You can call it opinion all you want. Truth is truth. And BB has started a lot of players that he obviously didn't consider "very good" starters, so your appeal to authority is, to use your own words, irrelevant.

BB has publicly stated his high value of Collins on several occasions. The game is 70% played in sub. Truth may be truth, but your opinion isn't, and it's irrelevant. So is mine. The evidence shows that BB values Collins highly.

BB has publicly stated his high value of Collins on several occasions. The game is 70% played in sub. Truth may be truth, but your opinion isn't, and it's irrelevant. So is mine. The evidence shows that BB values Collins highly.

BB publicly states his high value of many players. He sometimes does this days before he cuts them, often obviously because they weren't good enough. Your appeals to authority continue to be irrelevant.

I don't know why you are being so argumentative.

I just humorously pointed out that if you are inactive for injury, or even on IR, you won't start, or get as many snaps as the active player(s).

As far as falling down the depth chart, I should hope the injured guy does, and the healthy guys rise.

Lighten Up.
Jonathan Casillas did not land on the injury report until week 6. Jonathan Casillas did not lose a starting job due to injury.

Stop posting bull crap without the facts.

:oops::)

Even Bill Belichick himself, must submit to the revealed wisdom, from Deus Irae's Ex Cathedra pontifications. ;):D

The irony of you posting this crap.....

Far less so than your delusions of grandeur.

I have no delusions of grandeur. Here, I'm nothing more than an observer commenting on a game, the same as everyone else. You'll have to come up with better troll material.

In fact, don't bother. I'm tired of the stupidity around here.

I have no delusions of grandeur. Here, I'm nothing more than an observer commenting on a game, the same as everyone else. You'll have to come up with better troll material.

In fact, don't bother. I'm tired of the stupidity around here.

Ah, the "troll" card. I wondered when that was coming. I'm honored.

You are, as you say, an observer. You are entitled to your opinion. But not to mistaking it for "truth". People that do that usually end up heavily medicated, or worse.

No more Skinner...thank God.

I don't think Belichick had any choice in the matter. If Skinner's action had led to more positive outcomes I'm sure Belichick would have kept him. Unfortunately, Skinner's actions led to more negative outcomes than positive and so Belichick was forced to let him go.

EDIT: (psychology joke)

Last edited:
Is branch the real deal? How come he's had a mediocre career til now?

He did. Still his prior team didn't feel the need to keep him as he was at the time bad press and not a key guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes