PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Should Start Garoppolo Next Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't anyone concerned that the offense hasn't been in sync the last two weeks and Brady could use some game time to try and get that going rather than having two weeks off

I agree. Brady has to dress for the game because the Pats only have two QBs, but I would have him carry a clipboard.

Isn't anyone concerned that the offense hasn't been in sync the last two weeks and Brady could use some game time to try and get that going rather than having two weeks off

I am very concerned. This has become an annual thing -- the collapse of the Pats passing game heading into the playoffs. It really dates back to 2007 and has become frustratingly predictable. I don't have any explanation.

Honestly, if Tom Brady needs time to "get going", then the Pats are in a lot of trouble. Maybe let him play catch with Tim Wright on the sidelines or something....

Yes and no. I say protect your star players and just grind 110% in practice. Rather they have 2+ weeks of very good practice and no injuries, than half a game vs the Jills.

Seriously? Tom Brady is not the problem.

The New England Patriots offensive line is the problem. The New England Patriots offensive line can attempt to resolve their issues (then again you can't help the hopeless) with Garoppolo at quarterback.

Seriously? Tom Brady is not the problem.

The New England Patriots offensive line is the problem. The New England Patriots offensive line can attempt to resolve their issues (then again you can't help the hopeless) with Garoppolo at quarterback.
I think in game play is good for every player, even a player as great as Brady. I'm not particularly worried about Brady getting hurt, yes there is a chance but it's probably less likely than the first playoff game. I just worry about a situation similar to the 2011 packers, where Matt Flynn stated week 17 and the team looked really rusty and ended up losing the divisional round to the giants

I'm not going to lie. I want to see if Jimmy can continue to look awesome. This has nothing to do with Brady and I had similar excitement when they let Cassel play to end the season a few years back.

I'm torn. The fact that they get a bye followed by a home game makes me think BB will want Brady to play. But, this isn't Colts "take two weeks off" world where Manning would take it easy then suck in the playoffs. Brady is always prepared. And I figure we should be able to trust that he will be good to go in January. Being healthy vs being sharp argument : I dunno if there is a right answer.

I would not start Garoppolo I would start Brady for a quater or mabye even a half then put Garoppolo in. Two weeks without a playing in a game is a long time.

Brady said he doesn't want to rest, so give him the 1/2 to work the offense. Rest anyone dinged up. With a week off after this game, they can use meaningful reps to get back in sync.

I am very concerned. This has become an annual thing -- the collapse of the Pats passing game heading into the playoffs. It really dates back to 2007 and has become frustratingly predictable.

Brady has also had bad passing games in 01, 03, and 04, 05 and 06.

I don't have any explanation

They've faced good, physical defenses with a pass rush.

Honestly, if Tom Brady needs time to "get going", then the Pats are in a lot of trouble. Maybe let him play catch with Tim Wright on the sidelines or something....

Brady does not need to get going. The line needs to protect better and Edelman, Connolly, Blount need to return to the lineup.

Depending on how the possessions/game goes. I suspect that Brady will play into the second quarter. I will breathe a sigh of relief when Garoppolo comes in and Brady puts on his knit hat.

I would not even dress Edelman and Gronk. Amendola and Wright can easily take their spots. I would like to see Fleming get a shot at guard. It's hard to rest everybody because you only have 45 guys.

This was my line of thinking. Brady will start however I do expect us to see some Garoppolo if the game is running relatively smoothly.

I have never been a fan of fully resting players in Week 17 with everything tied up. I don't mind them coming out in the 3rd Quarter...but they need to get some playing time.

Brady will start because he wants to start. After he has tried a few offensive moves he will sit.

Sit:
Brady (Garoppolo)
Vereen (White)
Solder (Fleming)
Connolly (Kline)
Volmer (Cannon)
Blount (Gray)
Wendell (Devey)
Edelman (Amendola)
Gronkowski (Maneri)

Wilfork (Branch)
Ninkovitch (Moore)
Hightower (Ayers)
Collins (Casillas)
Revis (Butler)
Arrington (Ryan)
McCourty (Ebner)

Use starters if needed.
Heal up and rest.

Only one person knows what Belichick will do this Sunday and he probably hasn't even told himself yet...can't be too careful with gameday secrets. ;)

My guess is that he'll want to erase the bad taste from last Sunday's game, when they made Geno look like and NFL QB, couldn't get a rush going and opened a revolving door to Brady.

I think he sits Edelman and Blount to let them get over whatever it is was holding them back last week, but starts everyone else and lets them play at least the first half, maybe into the second half. Injury risk? Of course. We all remember what happened to Wes. But, it's football and any one of these guys could end their careers on the practice field as well.

We need to see a couple good series out of this team in the first and second quarter. If we see that, play the back ups for the second half of the game. For me I want to see some clicking and crispness re: route running, blocking, protection, and esp communication from BOTH the offense and defense. If BB is satisfied with what he sees from those areas in the first half....give them the second half off...:)

I will say this, this team and this coaching simply amazes me year after year...I am glad to see their hard work pay off and hope this year it ultimately pays off....!

patsfans.com should bench Bob George.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey