Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patriots should not play in England this year.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Dr Pain, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Dr Pain

Dr Pain Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Boycott Scotland and the United Kingdom

It is looking more and more like the British government was up to their elbows with Libya to arrange the release convicted Lockerbie terrorist bomber Abdel Baset al-Megrahi on "compassionate grounds.

This mass murderer returned to a heroes welcome so British companies can get some lucrative deals with the Libyians.

I can not thing of anything more inappropriate than the Patriots playing in England after this and I call on Kraft and the NFL to cancel it.
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Dr. Pain i've been around a long enough time to realize you don't mix politics with sports. We watch sports to distract us from things such as this, and unless someone can prove absolutly that Britain had a deal with Lybia the game should be left as is. Rumours of such dealings is not enough, Just MO

What Scotland did was reprehesable, what Libya and Kadaffi did was obcene.

IMO Its doubtful because of its past history with the British govenment that Scotland would aquiess to allowing Al-Megrahi to return to Libya.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  3. Dr Pain

Dr Pain Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I doubt the NFL would stop but there is value in asking. As far as there being no English influence in the decision the British papers have already debunked that. They have ripped the hearts out of thousands of relatives and friends for the sake of a mass murderer and his family? That’s not it, it’s for money.
  4. smg93

smg93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This is in the wrong forum
  5. BritPat

BritPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +126 / 2 / -2

#54 Jersey

First of all, politics and sports don't mix.

Secondly, what a total load of horse-****; he was released because he's dying of cancer. Would I have let him out for that? No, he would have slowly rotted away inside for me, but I like to think Britain still has a sense of fair play and compassion, even to those that have done us wrong.

Three. If you want to talk about cancelling Patriots games because of the actions of a country's government being "unpatriotic" - were you up in arms every single game during the Bush administration after the Invasion of Iraq? If we want to talk about companies getting lucrative deals on false grounds, let's talk about Haliburton, Blackwater, Titan......or did that not count because they're American?
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

This would have been some leverage prior to, but will not happen after the fact....
  7. Rossmci90

Rossmci90 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The game is being played in England, the decision was made by the Scottish judiciary system which the UK government has no jurisdiction over.

If the game was being played in Edinburgh i could understand, but it's not.
  8. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +367 / 6 / -8

#75 Jersey

Besides, Italian Pat's already got tickets.:D
  9. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Bingo............
  10. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -1

Would an ordinary prisoner have gotten the same compassionate consideration? Yeah, that's what I thought. Two and three make you look more ignorant than you are.
  11. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +193 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

Bed-ridden Ronnie Biggs 'released' from prison - but he won't be going anywhere

By James Slack and Stephen Wright
    Created 5:55 PM on 06th August 2009

Ronnie Biggs was last night starting the 'last chapter' of his life after he was freed from prison on compassionate grounds.
    The Great Train Robber, who turns 80 today, was said to be 'extremely weak' in hospital where he will remain while being treated for pneumonia.
    Biggs was moved to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital last week from Norwich prison.
    Shortly after 2pm on Friday he managed to scrawl his name on the release papers before shaking the hands of his three guards and waving them away.

Now can this thread PLEASE be moved to the Political Forum.
  12. fnordcircle

fnordcircle ( o Y o ) PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +177 / 5 / -12

One person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter, absolute right and wrong exists in the mind of fundamentalists and children.

Everyone feels justified in how they feel and act and despite what people may think to the contrary, there are very few true monsters in this world.

If you were to have traded lives with this guy you probably would have done what he did, don't fool yourself into believing otherwise.

It's football, not a political entity.
  13. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -1

Perhaps, but you don't get to choose.
  14. fnordcircle

fnordcircle ( o Y o ) PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +177 / 5 / -12

Glib, empty of content and pointless.

A perfect patsfans.com reply!
  15. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

I don't see how punishing the good Pats fans of the UK and Europe helps anyone.
  16. patriotscpfc

patriotscpfc Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't punish the English, we don't like the Scottish at the best of times. Take away the Patriots and i'll be blowing up part of Scotland ;)
  17. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Of the two....I am still more upset that the UK decided to send Augusto Pinochet back to Chile for basically the same reason.

It is clear now that Pinochet was faking and recieved zero punishment.

This guy at least spent some time in jail.
  18. CampPen33

CampPen33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Unless there is the potential of a legitimate THREAT to the team, then I don't care about any foreign dealings. I let the Commander-In-Chief worry about such things, or I might end up like my little avatar guy.
  19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

When the Cancer finally kills this piece of sh!t and he heads for Paradise and his 72 Virgin Whores the United States should declare a national holiday, all working people should have the day Off with pay (hot dogs beer fire works and sex)
  20. Scouse Patriot

Scouse Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yes, lets boycott the UK because the Scots were too soft. I'll get on the phone to my relatives out in LA and tell them they can't visit me in England anymore or buy stuff here and all American tourists having a funky time down in London or the beatles museum in Liverpool all need to go home because some crusader organised a boycott....you know, the London and Liverpool that aren't in Scotland. All U.S. Based posters on this site who planned to come over now can't meet up with us in October and have a good time because someones sad life is dictated by politics.

Just so you know, most people of the UK would gladly see the fuker rot in prison where he belongs, cancer ridden or not so don't confuse one goverments soft decision with the opinion of the genral population of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales who haven't forgotten what terrorism has done at all thank you very much. You can get off that f'kin high horse now.

Good luck with your boycott though Doc.