PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots second highest scoring team in league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absent a missed call and two inexpliciable drops, the Pats would have been up 23-31 to 10 against the Steelers.

Can't make mistakes though. I just goes to show we have little margin for error when we play the practice squad against the NFL "elite".

behind saints as per mort. Thats remarkable without brady..isnt it ??

All the more reason why BB needs to continue poring resources into his defense.

two year's ago, the defense could not get off the field against Indy, last season we broke a gazillion offensive records, but could not get off the field against the Gaints, and this year, we have the second highest scoring offense in the NFL and need major help just to make the playoffs!!!!!

Defense wins championships.

Felger waas going off on this all morning today. Bringing up all the non-starters in the 2006 draft, (all offense) and once again crying about Samuel. It was classic Felger tho, in that he selectively omitted such facts as AD and Rodney going down, and Wheatley and James Sanders, and finally Pierre Woods as well. That's about 60% of our projected QB pressure and our rookie Starting LCB from mid-season on. So, now we have Wilhite, our projected nickel back playing LCB and Lewis Sanders doing a decent job at safety. Merriweather is coming along nicely, and while he doesn't pack the punch Rodney did, he's faster and is developing blitz skills.
Felger talked for an hour and didn't mention AD once. IMO, we don't fully understand nor appreciate what this guy will be able to do for this team. Last year, he had to play MLB until the end of the year, and his pass-rush finally started to show up in the play-offs. Then, he broke his arm early this season. While valuable experience was gained by Woods until he went down, nothing could have replaced the pressure AD and Vrabel would have brought had he stayed healthy. Look at the decrease in sacks for Vrabel, without a threat on the other side.
I'm very excited about the rookies and 2nd, 3rd yr guys on this LB corps. I feel like I can finally stop watching the Waiver wire and wondering what retread BB will pick up . Our future is here with these guys.
Finally, I do have to agree with Felger about the CB position. While I'm not in favor of paying someone so much nobody will throw at him, as many top CB's think it works, we do need someone a little more solid. Someone mentioned Asomogough (sp?) but if Al lets him get away to the Pats, they really will have to lock him up. (Al, that is.) I'm not real worried about the middle, as IMO, as soon as Mayo and Guyton are established in there , It'll take care of itself. The safeties will be adequate as soon as their communication matures. It's the CB's.

What everyone on this thread saying is everyone thinks Brady makes no difference. I guess you are all saying to trade Brady and keep Cassel. Your comments are saying this.

I can't speak for others, but I ain't. Cassel can be a great QB in this offense, but Brady is a special player that comes around once or twice a generation. I think that if Brady was leading the offense, the Pats would have locked up the division weeks ago and might be playing for HFA throughout the playoffs this weekend rather than a playoff spot.

There are still a lot of things that Cassel cannot do what Brady can. Brady still has far better pocket prescence, can read defenses better, and goes through his progressions faster. He also has more touch on his long passes.

THIRD Highest

I already had a thread on this... they are the THIRD highest behind the Saints and Giants.

Re: THIRD Highest

I already had a thread on this... they are the THIRD highest behind the Saints and Giants.

Well, at the time this thread was started, they were second. It was before the Giants game last night.

3rd i think now

It's an amazing stat. The difference between Cassel in preseason to Cassel now is astounding ! I think our running game is way more balanced than last year too.....Five guys with at least 250 yards rushing (Morris, Faulk, Jordan, BJGE & Cassel) is a big difference from last year. We are a top 10 rushing team (#7 currently).

Yes, the running game is actually doing better than the passing game. Before we give all the credit to Cassel you have to respect what the Pats have been able to do this year on the ground now that they are finally using their RBs.

I actually think that although Brady is a better QB; the offense as a whole may be better off this year as a result of not having him.

they got so used to brady last year that they made themselves one dimensional. They passed so much that the OL almost literally 'forgot how to run block'. Then they got themselves tore up by the giants and couldn't switch gears to take advantage of them just going 100% after the passing game.

This year they had to run the ball and provide more balance which generates more synergy and a more efficient passing game. run game - Like anything gets better with practice and atrophies from disuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back