PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots scouting report on Manziel leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure it not the official report, just a fan's observation. But hey, he is much smarter than the Browns front office.

Welp...here's your self proclaimed hero-boy doing his best Mark Sukchez imitation...brutal...THIS is your face of the franchise in Cleveland??....good freakin' luck, Brown stains...

http://instagram.com/p/pSmMaahujb/?modal=true

Not buying your analysis because I have never seen a Pats fan resentfully fixated on a player

Agreed. One would have to think that if something like that happened, we'd be seeing instances of it with players such as Devin McCourty and Danny Amendola.

I think it is great that he is outspoken about his faith! In regards to Philip his faith goes deep into who he is so when you going into the topic of Philip that's what you will get. If some don't share his beliefs that fine. However, many of those who are of faith are outspoken about it because it is nothing to be ashamed of.

While I personally agree with you, and as you know am a confirmed Catholic, the fact remains that this is a public forum where many people have different personal beliefs.

As "one of God's children," I choose to respect everyone's personal right to not have specific religions pushed down their throat. Looking around, I don't see any other posters talking about religion on an everyday basis, do you? Actually, in my whole time here over 6 years, you are the very first person that I've ever seen bring religion up the majority of your comments.

Let's try and remember that politics, religion, and other topics of high debate don't really belong on the football forum...thanks.

And please stop with the 500 different personal messages everyday about Tim Tebow. I can't take it. I think someone needs to remind you that Tim Tebow is a human being, and point you to the commandment on worshiping false idols.

"Those who question Tim Tebow will have to answer to God one day..."---that may be the funniest thing I've ever heard someone say here.

While I personally agree with you, and as you know am a confirmed Catholic, the fact remains that this is a public forum where many people have different personal beliefs.

As "one of God's children," I choose to respect everyone's personal right to not have specific religions pushed down their throat. Looking around, I don't see any other posters talking about religion on an everyday basis, do you? Actually, in my whole time here over 6 years, you are the very first person that I've ever seen bring religion up the majority of your comments.

Let's try and remember that politics, religion, and other topics of high debate don't really belong on the football forum...thanks.

And please stop with the 500 different personal messages everyday about Tim Tebow. I can't take it. I think someone needs to remind you that Tim Tebow is a human being, and point you to the commandment on worshiping false idols.

"Those who question Tim Tebow will have to answer to God one day..."---that may be the funniest thing I've ever heard someone say here.
There is nothing wrong with my posts. Since it bothers you than I ask you to put me on ignore. Let's not bother each other anymore and put each other on ignore. There was no where in my post that I said anyone had to share the same beliefs. No one is worshipping any false idols. I am a fan of the a Pats and the 49ers as well as various NFL players.

I think it's fine to be a fan of a player, musician, a company, a sports team etc. But if you are trying to say that I worship a false idol because I am a fan of Tebow and of course the Pats and 49ers. What does that make you since you are a fan of different things in life?
http://www.bible.ca/interactive/worship-8-god-alone.htm
The only reason I am even posting this bible verse and delving deeper into religion is becuase you claimed I was worshiping false idols. If you would have made no such claims and not attacked me for my post on Philip there wouldn't be any further debate in regards to religion.

Last edited by a moderator:

If I get to Heaven and the first thing they do is grill me on Tim Tebow, I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Yet another thread turning into a reglious discussion. This is a god damn shame, if you ask me.

I will bring up God or religion on the forum whenever I so choose. Since it bothers you than I ask you to put me on ignore. Let's not bother each other anymore and put each other on ignore. There was no where in my post that I said anyone had to share the same beliefs. We are all fans of the Pats and players. The same could be said for you worshiping false idols. Since you are a fan of different things like the team and it's players.

If introducing such a Red-Button issue into sports talk is so important to you that you so readily choose to ignore the opinions and Litmus-ian (that's a real word) advice of someone like Supafly -then may I encourage you to take a step back and rethink the cost of doing so.

Diplomatic and open-minded posters like Supa dont come along every day. Their opinions should be valued and at the very least considered.. not ignored.. especially when they disagree with our own.

Last edited:
If I get to Heaven and the first thing they do is grill me on Tim Tebow, I'm taking my business elsewhere.
Boy, is that an understatement.
Yet another thread turning into a reglious discussion. This is a god damn shame, if you ask me.
I fully agree, Kontra. I have held my tongue long enough, but enough's enough already. There have been many people who have made comments in the past, yet they continue to go unheard and unconsidered.

If certain people wish to speak on religion in 75% of their posts, they should take it to the sub-forums to do so.

There is nothing wrong with my posts. Since it bothers you than I ask you to put me on ignore. Let's not bother each other anymore and put each other on ignore. There was no where in my post that I said anyone had to share the same beliefs. No one is worshipping any false idols. I am a fan of the a Pats and the 49ers as well as various NFL players.

I think it's fine to be a fan of a player, musician, a company, a sports team etc. But if you are trying to say that I worship a false idol because I am a fan of Tebow and of course the Pats and 49ers. What does that make you since you are a fan of different things in life? http://www.bible.ca/interactive/worship-8-god-alone.htm
A small excerpt from the article states
Jesus said in Matthew 4:10, "You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve." If we worship God in spirit and in truth, we cannot worship anyone or anything else. Anything we worship, other than God, is an idol. According to Webster, an idol is "an image used as an object or instrument of worship."

I really don't want to put you or anyone else on ignore. I have never used it once in 6 yrs here. I believe in addressing any issues like a man and moving on.

I am just kindly asking you to stop with the barrage of 8-10-12 personal messages with a plethora of links regarding Tim Tebow and religion. You aren't going to change my opinion on his quarterbacking skills.

I already went out of my way to state that I think he's a good guy, a good person, a good example, etc; and yet I receive a barrage of PM's asking me "why is he ONLY a 'good person' and not a good QB?" Geez.

Perhaps a Tim Tebow fan-site or religion forum would be more appropriate for you to discuss the topics that you care about. It's just a suggestion, considering that every single football related topic ends up being a religious matter with you.

Let....it....go. Thank you!

Last edited:
This thread has gone way off topic so it has been moved. Just as soon as I figure out to close it, under the new forum, I will.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back