PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Score/Margin by Quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I was in Las Vegas this past weekend and put down a lot of wagers. I felt like the Pats were strongest in the 3rd quarter and placed a few bets based on that but it was just a gut feel. Today I went through the Pats quarter by quarter scores and the #s backed up my subjective observation.

Taking all 18 games, the Pats margin by quarter is: 12, 79, 88 & 30
If you want to look at just the last 5 games it goes: -13, 31, 35 & 34

Maybe this doesn’t mean much but if you believe the #s, then 3rd quarter is where the Pats perform their best.

I was in Las Vegas this past weekend and put down a lot of wagers. I felt like the Pats were strongest in the 3rd quarter and placed a few bets based on that but it was just a gut feel. Today I went through the Pats quarter by quarter scores and the #s backed up my subjective observation.

Taking all 18 games, the Pats margin by quarter is: 12, 79, 88 & 30
If you want to look at just the last 5 games it goes: -13, 31, 35 & 34

Maybe this doesn’t mean much but if you believe the #s, then 3rd quarter is where the Pats perform their best.

Oh it means a lot. It's simply because that's about when the opponent realizes the game is over and gives up. You wanna know another telling statistic of how great the Patriots defense and offense is?

Only 2 fourth quarter comebacks all season for Brady.(teams with bad defenses or offenses who turn over the ball create lots of 4th quarter comebacks opportunities) and a 171+ point differential in the regular season. Only teams with both, great defenses and offenses can have that.

The only way to outscore anyone is either:
a) both must happen: defense gets a stop + offense scores(or vice versa)
b) offense is last with the ball.
c) defense gets a stop + a defensive score

If you're the type of team that's always doing it using plan B, your defense probably sucks. Plan C, your offense probably sucks.

Oh it means a lot. It's simply because that's about when the opponent realizes the game is over and gives up. You wanna know another telling statistic of how great the Patriots defense and offense is?

Only 2 fourth quarter comebacks all season for Brady.(teams with bad defenses or offenses who turn over the ball create lots of 4th quarter comebacks opportunities) and a 171+ point differential in the regular season. Only teams with both, great defenses and offenses can have that.

The only way to outscore anyone is either:
a) both must happen: defense gets a stop + offense scores(or vice versa)
b) offense is last with the ball.
c) defense gets a stop + a defensive score

If you're the type of team that's always doing it using plan B, your defense probably sucks. Plan C, your offense probably sucks.

Or you can be very good on one side of the ball, and medicore on the other.

Or you can be very good on one side of the ball, and medicore on the other.

Yeah I've heard that perception before but it's still impossible to outscore anyone without being good on both sides.

You can't outscore if your defense can't stop anyone other than the 2 examples I gave above. You can have the most amazing offense known to man, but if your defense sucks, you still can't outscore anyone unless you are the last one with the ball.

The OP numbers just kind of re-iterates how good this defense is. Patriots won most of their games by the end of the third quarter, and ride the 4th quarter out to the win.

And withthe [ossible exception of 1 game (in the last 5), i believe we kicked off to start the first quarter. Thus the first being worst and 3rd be best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back