PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots rule out Julian Edelman, Gronkowski questionable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of that perhaps, is that every team -the Ravens being at the top of the list, play the Patriots like it's their Superbowl.

Which means everything is harder, faster with a helluva lot more energy to every aspect of the game.

Not all, but its part of the whole equation.

Part of it is probably having played more games. Part of it is probably BB being extra careful with at least some of his players (likely depending upon injury type, risk of worsening the injury, etc...). Part of it is probably blind luck. But part of it may also be how they practice, the type of players drafted and who knows what else. It's just bizarre.

And, for the record, I don't have disdain for BB (as you put before your edit). I consider him to be the best coach of his era, and quite possibly the best of all time. I just don't pretend that he's perfect, and I realize that he makes plenty of mistakes to go along with his great moves.

Last edited:
There's no way Gronk doesn't play tomorrow.

Is this true that Edelman hurt his hand by doing a spike in the end zone after he scored that TD?

If that was the truth,color Edelman an idiot

Last edited:
There's no way Gronk doesn't play tomorrow.

I would bet you Gronk won't play tomorrow either

In fact,I'll bet any amount of money you want!

PSssstttttttt.....tomorrow is Saturday,the game is Sunday :bricks:

Last edited:
Questionable in Patriots terms is anything from a minor scrape that didn't even draw blood to an appendage falling off. I think in Gronk's case, it is probably closer to the former. Mankins' injury could be closer to the latter, but I still wouldn't bet against him playing.

surprised people are worried about patriots being considered "questionable" usually means theres a good chance they will play..

i expect Gronkowski out there sunday with a big game

Tough luck for Edelman who was starting to establish himself a viable receiver option; hopefully he's not out too long.

But yeah, no way Gronk's not in on Sunday. Can anyone think of a time where someone listed as questionable on the Patriots didn't play? Seems like any ding that occurs gets mentioned on this report, and then it's impossible to tell they were injured on Sunday.

Part of it is probably having played more games. Part of it is probably BB being extra careful with at least some of his players (likely depending upon injury type, risk of worsening the injury, etc...). Part of it is probably blind luck. But part of it may also be how they practice, the type of players drafted and who knows what else. It's just bizarre.

And, for the record, I don't have disdain for BB (as you put before your edit). I consider him to be the best coach of his era, and quite possibly the best of all time. I just don't pretend that he's perfect, and I realize that he makes plenty of mistakes to go along with his great moves.
Good point about being perfect. Who is? Umm...

Tough luck for Edelman who was starting to establish himself a viable receiver option; hopefully he's not out too long.

ya, I thought Edelman has actually looked pretty good at receiver thus far...couldve been Rust on branch's part, but he looked better than Branch last week and showed some good speed.

hopefully its nothing too serious and he doesnt stay out too long...definitely shows why it was important for the pats to bring back Branch.

tom curren says makins not doing well this week...chances keep going up that he won't play...oh jesus...

tom curren says makins not doing well this week...chances keep going up that he won't play...oh jesus...
Jesus would be a pro-bowl guard, I'm guessing.

I look forward to these games.

The Giants lost half their LBs and a starting CB and still won the SB.

If you can't demonstrate that kind of depth, you don't deserve to win.

I would like to see the Patriots rattle off a win without starpower. Not to mention quality time to check out the bottom end of the depth chart. Who knows, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised.

The Ravens came into last week thinking their O-line was going to get abused. Look how that turned out.

Last edited:
I am confident the Pats will come out strong almost regardless of who they stuff into those unis. I am more concerned about their propensity to play down to their competition when they really do want to avoid 1-3. Maybe not having so many stars to rely on will help them in that regard.

If they keep their foot on Buffalo's neck once they get up on them, I foresee a win for the Pats. If they pull one of these, "OK we have proved we are better than them" sort of deals and let up, they may not have what it takes to turn the wick back up if they need it late in the game.

I cannot imagine Gronk not playing and not playing well for that matter. Remember as well that Lloyd was not brought here to get behind the safeties as much as he was brought here to improve our outside threat. He looks like the real deal in that regard and he and Brady seem to be hitting it off.

Pats play 60 minutes, come away with a win this weekend.

Hernandez was a freak injury btw. He's not fragile, his own player fell on the back of his legs. I don't think it's BB's fault that these guys have gotten injured. Same with Edelman hurting his hand. Although he has more of an injury history, I don't think it's because he has brittle bones or something. Pats need someone to step up at wideout. It might be Welker, Lloyd, or maybe we'll even see Salas out there.

At tightend, I don't think we're gonna see Gronk miss the game unless he's on crutches. He's the type of guy who would pay through any normal amount of pain.

Welker is a diabolical little b$#tard.

Ocho cut. Gaffney, Branch and Stallworth cut. Hernandez injured. Winslow asks for his release and is cut. Edelman out with a bad thumb.

This is like a game of Ten Little Indians. If you check Welker's dental records, I can almost guarantee you they match the injury on Edelman's thumb.

Welker is picking them off one at a time.

Everyone beware. One reception and Wes "The Blue-Eyed Ninja" will put an end to your season.

Attachments

• Wes-Welker.jpg
    Wes-Welker.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 170
Amazingly, he's the only middle-of-the-field receiver left, other than Woodhead.

And the blocking is questionable vs. the Bills' pass rush. Yeah, your estimate may be only a little hyperbolic.

Great team management by Belichick and McDaniels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back