PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Roster Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going out a limb here I predict Joesph Addai won't make the team...I could be wrong but this is my call

The trick with a 53-man roster prediction is that you have to consider core special teamers and gameday inactives. You have 46 gameday actives and a certain number of them have to fill your kick return/coverage teams. These guys also fill the bottom of you depth chart, but they get on the field for ST. This means that if you are keeping Slater, White, Cole or the like, they aren't going to be healthy scratches.

The rules require 7 players to leave their uniforms in their locker on gameday. These guys are either injured or happy enough (for now) drawing an NFL paycheck that getting a Sunday off isn't an issue. That would include most of the rookies and a few vets (MacDonald, Deaderick). Not so much for guys like Larsen, Gallery, Scott and Carpenter.

This is why guys like Dennard, Tarpinian, Forston and Bolden may end up sneaking on the roster. High upsides, won't be a locker room disruption if they aren't active, can play in an emergency. Happens every year...and every year people are shocked by it.

I think Fells will be activated before the regular season. The way I've heard his injury described makes me think it's not a big deal. That being said, I believe Shiancoe will make the roster over Branch at least until Fells can play.

I'm very puzzled about who will make the team on the O-line. There's that group of interior linemen who all seem interchangeable (Wendell, Thomas, McDonald), and yet at least one won't make the team.

I have a feeling that Cunningham sticks. I also think that G. Warren will make the team over Brace and Pryor because he's both productive (unlike Brace) and not made of glass (unlike Pryor).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back