PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots request review?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanSince74

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know how this works? I believe the Patriots can request a review by the league of the hit on Rodney. Is this true? While it won't make a bit of difference in the grand scheme of things, if the decision goes against Tennessee, it might deter future Titans' cheap shots (if they were a divisional opponent, i'd say we should just settle it on the field next year, but we won't play them for a while again unless we get paired in January). And if the call goes against us, well we all know we're just a bunch of homers out here anyway. Happy New Year. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know how this works? I believe the Patriots can request a review by the league of the hit on Rodney. Is this true? While it won't make a bit of difference in the grand scheme of things, if the decision goes against Tennessee, it might deter future Titans' cheap shots (if they were a divisional opponent, i'd say we should just settle it on the field next year, but we won't play them for a while again unless we get paired in January). And if the call goes against us, well we all know we're just a bunch of homers out here anyway. Happy New Year. :rolleyes:

BB said once on WEEI that he hasnt sent anything for review in many many years so dont bet on it..

The League has shown they don't care to address too many on-field issues outside of a very narrowly defined handful. If any action is taken it will come from the Competition Committee - surprise, Fisher is a member - inaction is the watch word.

BB said once on WEEI that he hasnt sent anything for review in many many years so dont bet on it..

Yep, I heard that too. He said if he needed a clarification he might but, otherwise he won't bother. I guess they know what's done is done. Psssing off the refs more doesn't help your future situations.

I would say, at this point to drop it. The tapes of the game are available and I am sure that league officials have looked at it. If they believe it was illegal, they wouild probabl;y do something aboutit. At this point, there is nothing tobe gained by stirring the kettle.

After the post season is over, then perhaps something can be brought up about it, but for now, there is no need for the controversy.

That makes a lot of sense to me. And, Rodney's best revenge will be to shove his SB XLI SB ring in the Titans' faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back