PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots reportedly interested in Chargers DE Vaughn Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Vollmer, Lloyd, Edleman, and Abraham. This might raise our free agent grade to
something higher than D+.

Kind of amazing that the Pats:

-- got Adrian Wilson for three years and $5 million
-- got Leon Washington for less than $1.5 million
-- got Danny Amendola for five years and $10 million guaranteed
-- got their Hall of Fame QB to add three years to his deal at about 35%-45% of market rate, and
-- still have $15 million in cap room...

...and they're getting bad grades for free agency.

The only deal they've done that's possibly a bad value is Arrington's, and even that isn't a huge commitment. Clearly they've fired maybe half their bullets and the deals they have done have been surprisingly good values. I get that losing Welker is reason #1 for the bad grades, but compared to some past years ($4 million for Jonathan Fanene?), they're having a very good, very thrifty signing season so far, starting with the Brady extension. Wilson for a fifth of the money Ed Reed is getting to me is a huge coup.

tyler03_28_07_1_b.jpg

holy big

We need someone at Patsfans who's into twitter to send him fake tweets from Chargers players saying his wife is not attractive. He'll get wicked pissed and want to sign elsewhere. Who knows, the Hoody may be having some kid working on that right now.

dynamic_resize

There's a picture that warms you to him!

We need someone at Patsfans who's into twitter to send him fake tweets from Chargers players saying his wife is not attractive. He'll get wicked pissed and want to sign elsewhere. Who knows, the Hoody may be having some kid working on that right now.

He can ask Ted Johnson if he's not too busy.

He can ask Ted Johnson if he's not too busy.

I still don't understand what could have been going through his head at that time? Why wouldn't you just refuse to answer the question? It was stupid to begin with.

Kinda feel bad for Bianca. She cheers her *** off for her husband and the team. On top of that, he seems to have a pretty good family life, and has been with her forever. I've got even more respect for him now than I originally did, and that's saying a lot.

Ngata
6'4 338
4.99 40
31.5 vertical
37 reps
7.97 cone

Martin
6'4 331
496 40
31 vertical
33 reps
7.28 cone

Very interested when you look at his abilities. He may never develop in a Ngata but he is at least an upgrade over Ron Brace

i think that just about says it all right there he's a upgrade over Brace, thats what the pats have done so in FA upgrade there dept the pats have a lot of injuries every year so by upgradeing there dept there is not that big of a drop off if the starter have to miss time

I think he is a pretty funny guy. He can play the banjo like nobodies bidness and I guess he even has a kid now! :eek:

True.

But he sucks as a Defensive Tackle. :snob:

Vaughn Martin

1 ~ An awesome fusion of Size, Power, Strength, and Raw Athleticism.
2 ~ A Tremendous Work Ethic.
3 ~ Highly Intelligent.
4 ~ Had ZERO American FootBall experience when drafted, 4 Years ago.

I sense enormous Late Bloomer Potential, here.

It's taken a few Years to take it through the Gears, mentally, but my Gut is telling me that this guy's got a very strong chance of becoming a major Force, over the next 6-8 Years or so.

I still don't understand what could have been going through his head at that time? Why wouldn't you just refuse to answer the question? It was stupid to begin with.

Kinda feel bad for Bianca. She cheers her *** off for her husband and the team. On top of that, he seems to have a pretty good family life, and has been with her forever. I've got even more respect for him now than I originally did, and that's saying a lot.

The thing that bothers me is Bianca seems to be the teams football wife, she is very involved with the team and Vince's career.

She may not be Gisele but for what it's worth Bianca carries the looks in that relationship and Vince seems to really love her Ted should of not answered or made a joke out of it.

Kind of amazing that the Pats:

-- got Adrian Wilson for three years and $5 million
-- got Leon Washington for less than $1.5 million
-- got Danny Amendola for five years and $10 million guaranteed
-- got their Hall of Fame QB to add three years to his deal at about 35%-45% of market rate, and
-- still have $15 million in cap room...

...and they're getting bad grades for free agency.

The only deal they've done that's possibly a bad value is Arrington's, and even that isn't a huge commitment. Clearly they've fired maybe half their bullets and the deals they have done have been surprisingly good values. I get that losing Welker is reason #1 for the bad grades, but compared to some past years ($4 million for Jonathan Fanene?), they're having a very good, very thrifty signing season so far, starting with the Brady extension. Wilson for a fifth of the money Ed Reed is getting to me is a huge coup.

I keep seeing Fanene getting trashed as a bad move. I don't get that. He was EXACTLY what we needed on the DL, and he lied about his health. Unless mind reading is a requirement, I dont know how you can reasonably criticize the decision.
Have we really reached the point where we hold decision making accountable to information not available at the time?

I keep seeing Fanene getting trashed as a bad move. I don't get that. He was EXACTLY what we needed on the DL, and he lied about his health. Unless mind reading is a requirement, I dont know how you can reasonably criticize the decision.
Have we really reached the point where we hold decision making accountable to information not available at the time?

Agree it's a non issue now we can recoup the lost money and move on. Certainly can't give players a polygraph so it's not something we could prevent.

Vaughn Martin

1 ~ An awesome fusion of Size, Power, Strength, and Raw Athleticism.
2 ~ A Tremendous Work Ethic.
3 ~ Highly Intelligent.
4 ~ Had ZERO American FootBall experience when drafted, 4 Years ago.

I sense enormous Late Bloomer Potential, here.

It's taken a few Years to take it through the Gears, mentally, but my Gut is telling me that this guy's got a very strong chance of becoming a major Force, over the next 6-8 Years or so.

At the very least, he would be an improvement over Brace, Love & Deaderick.

This is sort of irrelevant as to why we should get him, but if he was a Patriot, I would likely be able to score some free tickets to a Patriots game since I know some people very close to him. (Unfortunately I've never been to an NFL game before). Let's get him! :singing:

The Patriots depth at DT was exposed when Love went down in the AFC Championship. Adding a 3rd big body is a smart move.

The Patriots depth at DT was exposed when Love went down in the AFC Championship. Adding a 3rd big body is a smart move.

Agreed. Sign this beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back