PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots "remain enamored" with Gallery...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxboroFlyer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
per rotoworld, according to Curran. Very interesting to say the least. I see a run at Gallery coming as soon as the lock out is lifted. This line would be rediculously sick!

He supposedly wants $8M a year. He's not getting more than $6M from the Pats.

Last edited:
per rotoworld, according to Curran. Very interesting to say the least. I see a run atGallery coming as soon as the lock out is lifted. This line would be rediculously sick!
And at Guard would be ridiculously expensive. With a new lower salary cap on the horizen I doubt any enamorment is ever consumated... Gallery was supposed to be a can't miss tackle. Raiders took him #2 and BB supposedly said if he had the #1 pick Gallery was it. He missed. He was OK as a RT for 2 seasons and then bombed when moved to LT in his 3rd season. He's been playing LG for the Raiders on a very expensive (7 year $60M) LT rookie contract ever since. He's also missed multiplegames due to injury the last two seasons and he turns 31 this summer. Maybe they're interested in him on the cheap, but not at anything approaching the $8M he's reportedly asking. Probably closer to the $2.5M the Raiders were offering him. Supposedly he and Cable were close, so it's possible he lands in Seattle (where Cable is OL and Asst. HC) for more money. It's not Pete's $$ and Paul Allen still has it to burn...

One question comes to mind...Where the hell is he getting this information from?

Would it not still be considered tampering for anyone within the Pats to comment on him? Not that they would even if it wasnt a potential case of tampering.

BB may be enamored with him as a talent but I doubt there is any serious intrest until he knows what it would cost and what he has to spend.

Interesting. Gallery is versatile. Could probably play four spots along the line without killing you. If you can trade Mankins for a #2 ( just a fantasy ? ), then signing Gallery might make some sense.

Light/Mankins/Koppen/Gallery/Vollmer

I can see the possibilities, but would Gallery sign for just 2 years?

per rotoworld, according to Curran. Very interesting to say the least. I see a run at Gallery coming as soon as the lock out is lifted. This line would be rediculously sick!

This isn't the first time Gallery has been linked as a possibility. Reiss touched on the possibility a long time ago as well.

The story goes that BB said he would have drafted Gallery #1 in 2004. Now he's a free agent, so it's an easy connection to make. But I don't know who Curran's source would be to validate that it's anything more than that. For one thing, Gallery's price tag makes him pretty unattractive for us.

Yeah, he was a bit of a bust, but I wonder how much of that had to do with the dysfunction of Oakland. What would he have become working with Dante? Who knows?

he's alot better at guard than the bust he became at tackle

that said, alot of guys just dissapear in oakland sometimes, with a better team, this guy may be great

I really don't get where the interest would be. I think we're pretty set on the OL, especially if Solder can get into camp on time.

Watch him get signed, and for a not insubstantial contract, too. What do I know.

I really don't get where the interest would be. I think we're pretty set on the OL, especially if Solder and Cannon can get into camp on time.

Watch him get signed, and for a not insubstantial contract, too. What do I know.

According to reports, he might be ready for camp as well.

So we could have a Solder, a Cannon and a Gallery on the offensive line? Is there a Museum playing in the NFL?

I really don't get where the interest would be. I think we're pretty set on the OL, especially if Solder can get into camp on time.

Do not see Solder making an impact right now, no rookie camp, no ota's, probably an abbreviated TC and a shortened season.. he may work his way into the lineup as the season progresses, but it is a quantum leap for any rookie lineman...

Gallery would be a nice consolation prize if Mankins departs, or if the team decides to play out Mankins' franchise deal and move on.

I see no way that both are here long term. Too much $$$ invested into an inessential position.

I don't know what to think with Gallery. Any team would be glad to have him I suppose, but as others have stated is he worth the money that he will command? Hmmm. I think I'd like us to pass.

I don't know what to think with Gallery. Any team would be glad to have him I suppose, but as others have stated is he worth the money that he will command? Hmmm. I think I'd like us to pass.
My issue is if Mankins around 7 million per season can't get done why would we bring in Gallery and pay him more?

My issue is if Mankins around 7 million per season can't get done why would we bring in Gallery and pay him more?
If Mankins would accept 7mill a year he'd be retiring a Patriot.
Why would you think they would offer Gallery more than Mankins?

he's alot better at guard than the bust he became at tackle

that said, alot of guys just dissapear in oakland sometimes, with a better team, this guy may be great
He is a mauler with T agility. I don't think its so much that he failed at T as he failed as a youngster, and happened to be at G when he developed.
I think he would have failed early at either position, and played real well after he matured at either position.

So we could have a Solder, a Cannon and a Gallery on the offensive line? Is there a Museum playing in the NFL?

alright, now that is funny:rofl:

Last edited:
If Mankins would accept 7mill a year he'd be retiring a Patriot.
Why would you think they would offer Gallery more than Mankins?
That's my point. The reported offer to Mankins was in the 7 million per vicinity. People are suggesting Gallery is chasing 8 million per. I don't see the point in bringing in Gallery to pay him more than Mankins who has earned a decent contract with the Pats.

That's my point. The reported offer to Mankins was in the 7 million per vicinity. People are suggesting Gallery is chasing 8 million per. I don't see the point in bringing in Gallery to pay him more than Mankins who has earned a decent contract with the Pats.
"People' who are suggesting Gallery wants 8 mill and BB will give it to him are clueless.
Personally, I think the "BB pursuing Gallery" talk is just a wild guess based upon BB liking Gallery out of college and making positive comments about him, along with Gallery being a FA. 2+2 does equal 4, but
2+2x*y/3q+11r-21w does not

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey