PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release veteran OL Tyronne Green and rookie free agent TJ Moe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough situation for Moe - torn Achilles should take year to fix fully heal - will be shocked if someone picked up an rookie unrestricted free agent with a torn Achilles

The league should let players on IR take practice snaps - they don't but they should. In seven months the Pats will be practicing and Moe should be able to do limited things. The ability to take practice snaps in that situation could mean the difference between making a team in the future or not.

If they start practicing that late, we are screwed.

But what I want to know is, what did Tyronne do to piss off Bill so quickly?
I thought he was an excellent signing at the time.

Now we again need to find a backup G/C with starting experience, unless Cannon wins the
starting RG job and Connolly becomes the backup.

In Scar I trust.

But what I want to know is, what did Tyronne do to piss off Bill so quickly?
I thought he was an excellent signing at the time.

Now we again need to find a backup G/C with starting experience, unless Cannon wins the
starting RG job and Connolly becomes the backup.

Nick McDonald started a few games at G and C. The swing tackles could move inside in a pinch, too.

Well, they had a chance last year with Dane Fletcher and passed right then and there. My guess is the Giants will pass on Moe, too.
Not like Moe is a proven asset like Jake Ballard. :D

I never understood the obsession with Moe.

Did Moe ever make it to IR? Or was he just cut?

Did Moe ever make it to IR? Or was he just cut?

He was waived/injured, which presumes that the Pats plan to put him on IR assuming he cleared waivers.

Mike Reiss‏@MikeReiss1m
Rookie WR T.J. Moe (Achilles) clears waivers & now reverts to the Patriots' injured reserve list. Will return to compete for a spot in '14.

He gets a whole year to learn the playbook, workout, etc. Might be a blessing for him to make the team in 2014 with Edelman most likely gone.

It's hardly a blessing for him. He would have had the advantage of actually working with the team this preseason and on the Practice Squad during the season. All that is gone. In addition, it is relatively rare for low-end players to succeed after being out for their rookie years.

He gets a whole year to learn the playbook, workout, etc. Might be a blessing for him to make the team in 2014 with Edelman most likely gone.

He was a slow, mediocre college receiver who went undrafted. The only place where he was making the team this year was in the dreams of fans who had never watched the guy play in college. The chance that he makes the team next year after tearing his Achilles is infinitesimally small.

He was a slow, mediocre college receiver who went undrafted. The only place where he was making the team this year was in the dreams of fans who had never watched the guy play in college. The chance that he makes the team next year after tearing his Achilles is infinitesimally small.

"SO,......You are saying... I have a chance? " :D

(name that movie -even if I paraphrased -messed up the quote.)

"SO,......You are saying... I have a chance? " :D

(name that movie -even if I paraphrased -messed up the quote.)

th

To the skeptics on TJ I ask this simple question-

What's better Moe or less?

Moe of course, even little kids on TV know that!!! :singing:

Ok, it was an easy one.

BUT you do get bonus points for posting the movie poster. :D

3.jpeg

OK...make with the bonii points

Nick McDonald started a few games at G and C. The swing tackles could move inside in a pinch, too.

I suppose that would suffice this season. By this time next season, however, Mankins and/or
Connolly's replacement(s) should be on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes