PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release OL Rich Ohrnberger and DL Mike Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Wright is healthy enough to still play I hope he signs back here at a cheaper contract. I always liked that guy.

I trully hope Mike Wright have worry free life after Football...there is more to life. Mike was very ggod player it's a shame for what happend to him...good luck from here on out Mike.

If Wright is healthy enough to still play I hope he signs back here at a cheaper contract. I always liked that guy.

After last year i don't think he can ever play Football again.

Necessito interior pass rushers.

Personally, I hope Wright retires. I know the lure of the NFL is strong, but this guy is really endangering his life or at least the quality of it for the rest of his life if he continues to play.

BTW, the Pats got about $3 million in cap money with those two moves.

I'm kind of surprised with respect to Ohrnberger. He's fairly cheap (around $500k) and I figured he'd be brought into training camp for, if nothing else, competition.

Obviously the writing has been on the wall for Wright all season (and last season too). It's a sad, sad story. I agree with the notion that he should retire. It's just football.

The Patriots really should have done the right thing by Wright a year ago - make him retire and pay him some $$ without forcing him to go through TC, where he risked even more brain damage.

I always liked Mike Wright. I remember as recently as 2010 in Pittsburgh when he continually blew up the Steelers' offensive line play after play in the first half. Sad to see him go, but his long term health is at risk.

For the record, Ohrnberger's last tweet as a Patriot:

My work friends tease me because I do hand stands in the showers, but no one has a cleaner undercarriage... Guaranteed! #freshesttaintaround

Man, I hope they can find a way to keep him — or at least that he keeps tweeting. #secondcareerincomedywriting.

Last edited:
The Patriots really should have done the right thing by Wright a year ago - make him retire and pay him some $$ without forcing him to go through TC, where he risked even more brain damage.

I don't know. At that point, Wright may not have had anymore negative affects of the concussion and they felt he could resume his career without worries. Without knowing the medical reports of his condition, it is impossible to say that the Pats were in the wrong.

Also, Ohrnberger being cut may be a positive sign that Brian Waters decided against retirement.

Could it be that Wright wants to play and the Pats think he's a walking paralysis case.

I wish he retired and the Pats paid him off. 2.5 million in cap isn't that much.

How do you "make him retire" anyway? That would be his decision alone.

Maybe a year ago it was suggested that he should retire, but he instead wanted to try to play. In that case the options would be to cut him last year or not, and I don't see that cutting him a year ago would have been "the right thing" except with 20-20 hindsight.

Wright was a great player, but I'm glad they released him. Time to look toward the future.

Wright was a long shot FA who had a very good career. It is a shame it was cut short due to the concussions. I do hope this was a mutual decision where he is deciding to retire. Of course we hope he has a healthy post football life.

It appears that Ohrnberger was passed by Connolly and Wendell, hopefully this means that that Waters will be returning.

I pray that Wright never plays another down in the NFL again,not because he sucks, but because I don't want to see another Ted Johnson case after football is over.

Disappointing about Ohrnberger being cut... hopefully he still keeps up the twitter gold.

Hopefully wright signs back at the vet min.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back