Patriots release Kevin O'Connell

Status
Not open for further replies.

italia44

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
KOC RELEASED per Mike Reiss

Re: Koc released!

Somewhere in New England, a man named Hoyer is breathing a bit more easily for the moment.

Somewhere in New England, a man named Hoyer is breathing a bit more easily for the moment.

Might need a tranquilizer dart to calm his celebration down...

Is this the huge surprise that I'm thinking it is? 3rd Round pick and dumped the next year

hope this isn't about brady's shoulder......if it is,I'm getting Jay Feeley vibes.

does he have any practice squad eligibility in case he actually might still be around after all the cuts and in case nobody is interested?

Presto! Instant roster spot. I'm not sure it's Hoyer's either.

Yeah, its an unprecedented move in the Belichick era. Cutting a 3rd rounder in year two, I mean. I wonder if they've got anybody on their radar. Thigpen?

Yeah, its an unprecedented move in the Belichick era. Cutting a 3rd rounder in year two, I mean. I wonder if they've got anybody on their radar. Thigpen?

Not if Belichick is sober.

So a rookie and a Jag beat Koc our 3rd round draft pick. Dang it we've got to draft better.

Is this the huge surprise that I'm thinking it is? 3rd Round pick and dumped the next year

Yes, it is. I thought he looked absolutely terrible, but I'm shocked they didn't give him another year. I wonder if there is something behind the scenes (attitude or off-field) in addition to his performance. BB was more patient with Cassel and Gutierrez, so I wonder if KOC had some specific issue that made the team lose patience and give up on him early.

I'm shocked.

Wow! I did not see that coming, even after his poor showing on Friday night.
And it was a very poor performance.
A 3rd round pick with all the physical tools and two rookie camp/training camps under his belt.
Colour me surprised.

I guess I'm more shocked because he was a 3rd round pick. I thought he'd get another year.

Very surprised but not shocked, he has played terrible this year. Can't say that Hoyer or Walter have done anything worty of a roster spot either. Maybe a veteran is coming in?

Would love to get AJ Feeley in here.

Yes, it is. I thought he looked absolutely terrible, but I'm shocked they didn't give him another year. I wonder if there is something behind the scenes (attitude or off-field) in addition to his performance. BB was more patient with Cassel and Gutierrez, so I wonder if KOC had some specific issue that made the team lose patience and give up on him early.

I'm shocked.

That's what I'm wondering. I had him down as playing poorly:

Cassel was struggling while running with the #1s and #2s (people may want to look back at the O-line in particular) against the opponents #1s, and he was playing as the team's #1 QB since Brady wasn't playing. O'Connell is struggling with everything and against everyone, and his mechanics are breaking down. I agree with the idea that the kid needs more time. We knew he was raw when he was drafted. However, I can't equate his situation this year with Cassel's last season.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/265324-according-smile-his-face.html#post1476438

but I figured he'd get the year to work it out.

You know, if you pronounce the title of this thread it had me a little unsure wether to click it or not ;)

Not sure if I'm surprised or not really. I am thinking he must have stunk to be released though as I thought he would have been in three (if we are to carry three) atleast looking at the guys we've got behind Tom.

.......think for a moment......this may not be about KOC.If it's Brady,then they're looking for a number ONE QB,not a back-up.
If so,I'm thinking Jay Feeley or Jeff Garcia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes