PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release Albert Haynesworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
good bye albert you fat sack of ****. this guy never wanted to play. a total waste of time.

I think the draft this year will be even more interesting than usual, if that's possible.

I'm interested in seeing if they will continue to pursue lesser caliber players while pushing picks into the future or if they will actually use the picks we have to make the team better NOW.

Where is this great play that everyone talks about? I hardly even notice he's out there. Dreaderick and Love are way better than him.

Umm.. Love is not better than Haynesworth. Love was the one getting bulldozed all game long by Jacobs and the Giants RG..

How can you compare Deaderick to Haynesworth when Deaderick was lining up as a 4-3 DE? And Deaderick was worse than Anderson and Carter,

I think the draft this year will be even more interesting than usual, if that's possible.

Maybe for once Bill will take the best available player instead of some jag who thinks will fit his system.

I don't want to overreact, as the Pats (after a few games) really came together last year after they released Moss who was a far more important contributor than Haynesworth. But this move is really puzzling because Haynesworth at least flashed the ability to be a real difference maker, a dynamic player that could disrupt the other team. This is especially glaring because we lack those types of players on both sides of the ball.

BB has to realize that there must be a balance between physical talent and high effort type players. In his quest for "value" and "high effort" players, he's basically gutted the defense and has failed to put many dynamic players around our only elite-level player, Brady, who isn't getting any younger.

Well thats that, so much for that experiment. FA didn't change his MO.

Where is this great play that everyone talks about? I hardly even notice he's out there. Dreaderick and Love are way better than him.

I wonder why others are so upset too?

This piece of sh!t had 2 tackles I believe all year...so what if teams were trying to double team him at times....you don't sign a huge defensive lineman just to clog up more Linemen for defenders to get to the QB,he has to make plays too.

Belichick didn't sign this guy for 2 tackles,he was supposed to scare the QB,the only thing this guy scares anymore are Chinese Buffet owners when he walks in the door

The only plays Albert made was a hurdle over the lunch crowd at McDonalds

Now the sleeping giant can go back to bed and Fu(k himself

Last edited:
I swear one day Im just going to log in and see that Gronkowski or Welker have been released.

Epic failure in evaluation by BB. Ocho is also an epic failure. If I'm Kraft I'm a little annoyed millions of dollars and draft picks have been pissed away on these two.

Epic?

There was minimal compensation for both.

Epic is a 1st or 2nd round pick or another starter.

If BB waits for the draft to start making big defensive moves, he'll need to be fired. Whether it's trades or free agency, the defensive overhaul had better begin long before the draft.

I hope Rex doesn't even offer him anything on the dollar menu. Let alone sign him

Makes zero sense unless Fat Al total blew up at the entire staff in the last few days--which I guess is a possibility. I will take Haynesworths lazy ass playing 13 plays a game over the overpaid corpse of Shaun Ellis every day of the week. At least he has the potential of drawing a holding call or pushing a lineman back into the QB's face every once and awhile.

Epic failure in evaluation by BB. Ocho is also an epic failure. If I'm Kraft I'm a little annoyed millions of dollars and draft picks have been pissed away on these two.

How is an extremely low risk/ high reward potential an Epic Failure? Seriously?

Good thing you aren't Kraft because he understands things a lot better..

I swear one day Im just going to log in and see that Gronkowski or Welker have been released.
You will....eventually. But i dont' think you'll have to wait long to log on and see Ocho's been cut

Last edited:
opens up another roster spot...

Another bargain deal. Pats love a bargain. I wouldn't trust Bill to buy groceries at Stop and Shop right now. What a disgrace. Didn't need to go after talent, they went after the deal. Well when you shop at Nordstrom's you get quality when you shop at the Salvation army you get crap other people didn't want.

Flush the old retreads

Draft Talent high with new CBA stop trading away

Sign better free agents not JAGS

Team is getting old with limited new young talent to replace

Epic?

There was minimal compensation for both.

Epic is a 1st or 2nd round pick or another starter.

When one player constitutes your entire effort to improve a defense in a abbreviated off-season it's epic when that player fails. Plus the salary for both which you seem to forget about. I doubt Mr. Kraft just walks to the nearest toilet and flushes millions of dollars down the bowl, but maybe I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

Welker may not have to be released,he may find better money elsewhere if not tagged in 2012

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back