PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release Albert Haynesworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you don't release a player the caliber of Haynesworth because he argued with his position coach. You reprimand him, but you don't release him and weaken a unit that was actually the strength of an already up and down defense.

I don't think he was released because of his altercation. After that excellent pressure in the Giants game, he was on the ground on his next 3 plays. Greg Bedard was all over this. Haynesworth can dominate when he wants to, but the key word is "when he wants to."

On that Giants rushing TD, Diehl just plastered Haynesworth and opened up a big lane for Jacobs.

There's no way BB could keep anyone with that inconsistent mental attitude.

I sincerely hope that this means Cannon is going to be activated.

Are you really crazy to think Belichick did this without Krafts consent?

alright that was a knee jerk reaction and I take back my rant. but still BB is f**** up this D big time :mad:

What the hell is going on?

:confused:

I think we all agreed that this was a situation where we gave up little (low $$, low draft pick) and thus at the first sign of trouble we cut our losses and kick him to the curb. That has happened now, so nobody should be surprised. Disappointed yes, but not surprised.

Not having that tub of goo for 9 snaps or whatever against the Jets is unlikely to be impactful. Certainly the gain isn't beyond the damage done to younger players who are watching that ingrateful lardbutt mouth off and get away with putting out minimal effort.

Last edited:
...You do not get into an argument with your position coach in the middle of a game..

What an odd notion, given that it happens all the time.

Guarantee the Jets pick him up and he destroys our team this Sunday. Great.

Maybe Belichick asked Al to drop his daily rationings from 14 Big Macs to only 10 dollar menu cheeseburgers and a fight ensued??

Unfortunately, this is probably true. The Jets, with their run defense suffering, would be nuts to not look at him.

The minute Rex puts on the tape, he will walk away. But if the Jets want him, they can have him.

And yet Ocho is still on the team.

I don't understand what's happening. I realize I pretty much never have.

We won't get answers as to what the hell happened.

Belichick will just talk about "playing the best players we have available to us, only focusing on beating the Jets this weekend" while ignoring all the elephants in the room, like the fact that this team's sliding fast and it's his fault for not coaching / game planning well enough and being a generally poor general manager.

Last edited:
Where is this great play that everyone talks about? I hardly even notice he's out there. Dreaderick and Love are way better than him.

Guarantee the Jets pick him up and he destroys our team this Sunday. Great.

Jets are not desperate now on defense like we were in the offseason

Only desperate teams sign fatass bums and locker room cancers like this

IMHO no way the Jets even sniff at Haynesworth.

Very frustrating tenure. I was giddy in the preseason thinking about the potential of a 4-3 defense with Haynesworth and Wilfork in the middle. You can lead a horse to water I guess....

Another failure with defensive personnel...

Epic failure in evaluation by BB. Ocho is also an epic failure. If I'm Kraft I'm a little annoyed millions of dollars and draft picks have been pissed away on these two.

I think the draft this year will be even more interesting than usual, if that's possible.

Epic failure in evaluation by BB. Ocho is also an epic failure. If I'm Kraft I'm a little annoyed millions of dollars and draft picks have been pissed away on these two.

If it's any consolation it's not like BB would have hit on those draft picks and picked quality players anyway. :)

And while I am eager to see Cannon activated, I don't see how that will help the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back