PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots record midseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriot lifer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
What will the Pats record be after playing half of the regular season games?

2-0 now. guess column
3. Miami (win)
4. Bye
5. at San Francisco (win)
6. at San Diego (?)
7. Denver (?)
8. St. louis (win)
9. at Indianapolis (?)

6-2 ???

3 games are ones they should manage well. the other three are tough ones where they might snatch one or two.

What will the Pats record be after playing half of the regular season games?

2-0 now. guess column
3. Miami (win)
4. Bye
5. at San Francisco (win)
6. at San Diego (?)
7. Denver (?)
8. St. louis (win)
9. at Indianapolis (?)

6-2 ???

3 games are ones they should manage well. the other three are tough ones where they might snatch one or two.

If the Chargers and Broncos can't fix their defensive woes and Indy can't fix their entire team (is there any phase of their game that has been clicking on all cylindars for longer than a quarter?), I don't think it is crazy to expect there to be at least a slight chance of 8-0. I don't think 7-1 is out of the question right now. I don't think any of those teams are clearly better than the Pats.

I would say 6-2 as well, though if we see Cassel progressing nicely (ie: the offense is opened up moreto incorporate more of a vertical game) I could see them taking 2 of those three (?) games. Denver has looked good but the game is in New England. The SD game is 2 weeks after our bye, which I think will greatly help in preparation (not that they'd be looking past SF, but that the team will have an entire week to further develop the gameplan around Cassel and work on puttin a more diverse offense in place). And finally, Indy simply hasn't looked good: they've gotten torched on the ground (181 yards allowed per game in the first two) and while Manning will probably look better and better as the season progresses, Saturday will either still be out or just coming back when the Pats play them, that's a huge advantage.

Optomistically, I see 7-1...realistically, I see 6-2, which is still fantastic.

if Cassel is playing 5-3, if Oconnell is playing 8-0.

Will someone please give him his ball so he can just go home?

You guys think this team has the offense to out score Denver? They scored 17 points against the Chiefs and 19 against the Jets.

Dude, you really like back ups and street players huh. O'Connell in his rookie year would take this team pretty far but only if he had Chad Jack.

I think this team will be 8-0 with Cassel at the helm.

You guys think this team has the offense to out score Denver? They scored 17 points against the Chiefs and 19 against the Jets.

You guys think this Giants team has the offense to out score New England? They scored 13 points against the Dolphins and 16 against the Lions.

Good grief....O'Connell to Jackson...wait..it's REALLY fantasy sports!!!!!
I would like to think 8-0...I HOPE for that....butI think it most likely will be 6-2...and THAT would be really great..considering all that has happened..

6 and 2 would be fine. Denver's offense is looking stellar right now and I don't know if we have the horses to keep up. Indy and SD are tough games, but we should be able to take of the two.

I think the better question is-

"do you think the defense is good enough to shut down the Donkey offense?"

We know how bad Denver's defense looked against San Diego, even without Captain Class, and San Diego looks entirely different defensively without the Roid Rager.

I don't think 7-1 is at all beyond the realm of possibility. I think the more Cassel plays the more comfortable he'll get, the more the offense will open up, and the more points will go on the board.

Have faith, it will continue to get better.

I think the better question is-

"do you think the defense is good enough to shut down the Donkey offense?"

We know how bad Denver's defense looked against San Diego, even without Captain Class, and San Diego looks entirely different defensively without the Roid Rager.

I don't think 7-1 is at all beyond the realm of possibility. I think the more Cassel plays the more comfortable he'll get, the more the offense will open up, and the more points will go on the board.

Have faith, it will continue to get better.

More to this point if Denver played us today we would far and away be the best D they have played so far this year. Oakland is...well lets face facts. SD is going to be a siv this year ala Pats 02, I think our D shuts them down and we score 25 on them

I'm going to say we'll have to wait and see how Cassel is progressing, one week is just too early to tell. The Broncos have sure looked good early, and I think they're legit offensively (and am the proud owner of Cutler on my fantasy team), but there are a lot of defensive questions. The Chargers are 0-2, but are obviously still a tough game. The Colts have looked merely pedestrian against two mediocre teams in going 1-1. I'm not convinced any of those three teams should be a favorite over the Pats at this point.

I want to say 6-2, with preferably #6 coming @ Indy. I think we will drop 2 in a row @ SD, and against Denver.
5-3 is likely, but I want to stay optimistic.

I could see BB outcoaching a ready to implode Norv Turner, but I think SD values this game more than any other on their schedule.

Denver just looks like a team that could give NE fits.

Against Indy, I think it will be interesting to see if 7 games will mature Cassel enough to handle the hoopla of a Colts/Pats game, or if Indy will be getting healthy around that time to move the ball against our improving D.

What's the teams plans between the SF/SD games? The bye week means they crush SF, but are they staying out West before SD or coming home?

I could see BB outcoaching a ready to implode Norv Turner, but I think SD values this game more than any other on their schedule.

If we beat the Chargers w/ Cassel Turner will probably retire in the post-game press conference, hehe.

82559029.jpg
76786756.jpg

I think they beat San Diego and Indy and lose to San Francisco and Denver.

So, 6-2. Indy's shaky, I'm more inclined to say 5-3. Which still wouldn't be bad. Although they'd probably have to go 6-2 the rest of the season to win the division at 11-5.

I know it can be fun to look ahead, but it's really pointless beyond the next game--so much can happen, and does. The way a team looks one week can be radically different 3 weeks later.

I will say I like the Pats' chances against Miami......

I think they beat San Diego and Indy and lose to San Francisco and Denver.

So, 6-2. Indy's shaky, I'm more inclined to say 5-3. Which still wouldn't be bad. Although they'd probably have to go 6-2 the rest of the season to win the division at 11-5.

well, if they do go 5-3 the first half, there would be no probably about having to go 6-2 to finish at 11-5.

the Jesters will go no better then 8-8. I'm still not sold on Buffalo, but I'll give them a 9-7 based on their first 2 weeks. The 'fins will triple their win total from last year.

The next 3 games are the key to where the first half will finish. If they win all 3, I'm thinking 7-1 is a lock. They'll beat the Donkeys at home and confuse the wholly living hell out of Cutler. By mid-season, the offense will be solid and the defense will be dominant (despite being "old, tired, and slow", as the mantra is in the sports media)

I know it can be fun to look ahead, but it's really pointless beyond the next game--so much can happen, and does. The way a team looks one week can be radically different 3 weeks later.

I will say I like the Pats' chances against Miami......
Who knew BB posted here?
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes