Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Daneil Fells Signed

Patriots have added Daniel Fells to the team according to Ian Rapoport.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/s...ent-with-ex-broncos-starting-te-daniel-fells/

This weekend, the team reached an agreement with Broncos starting TE Daniel Fells, I’m told by a source. An under-the-radar player, Fells will add to a position group that also features Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez. He agreed to a three-year deal.

A 6-foot-4, 252-pounder, Fells had 19 catches for 256 yards for the Broncos in 2011. A sound blocker, good locker-room guy, and able pass-catcher, Fells visited New England before the 2010 season, so it’s not the first time the Pat shave been intereted. He wound up signing with the Rams and making 41 catches for 391 yards that year.

Last edited:
Pats Sign TE Daniel Fells

per Ian Rapoport via twitter.

The Patriots may have been strong at tight end last year, but not strong enough. They just got a little stronger.

This weekend, the team reached an agreement with Broncos starting TE Daniel Fells, I’m told by a source. An under-the-radar player, Fells will add to a position group that also features Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez. He agreed to a three-year deal.

A 6-foot-4, 252-pounder, Fells had 19 catches for 256 yards for the Broncos in 2011. A sound blocker, good locker-room guy, and able pass-catcher, Fells visited New England before the 2010 season, so it’s not the first time the Pat shave been intereted. He wound up signing with the Rams and making 41 catches for 391 yards that year.

The 28-year-old UC Davis product may be to the Patriots what veteran Alge Crumpler was in 2009, a blocker and pass-catcher. Fells is visiting Foxboro today. This move could also affect Hernandez.

Though essentially a tight end, Hernandez hasn’t been fantastic as a blocker. He is a stellar pass-catcher, though, with 79 catches for 910 yards to go with Gronkowski’s 90-catch, 1,327-yard, 17-touchdown season. He can do a lot. Perhaps signing Fells would free up Hernandez to simply concentrate on duties as a receiver.

Both Hernandez and Gronk are back after really sound performances in 2011. Fells will join them.
Bostonherald.com

Really like this signing. What a great offseason this has been so far.

Already knows the offense, and I guess that McDaniels already knows him. Seems like a solid back-up/depth signing.

Great off season is right, hope there's money left for Landry

Good signing! I hope he stays with the team. We could really use a 3rd TE in case Arron or Gronk go down.

Fells was the starting TE for the Denver Broncos.

That was quick. Did the plane even land yet?:D
Seriously, this is a good signing.

We are making a terrific offense :eek:.

Already knows the offense, and I guess that McDaniels already knows him. Seems like a solid back-up/depth signing.
He doesn't know the offense. Despite playing for each of McDaniels last 2 teams, they were in the wrong order. Was with the Rams in 2010 when McDaniels was with Broncos and was with the Broncos in 2011 when McDaniels was with the Rams.

Pinch me, is this all real... lets see Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Lloyd, Gonsalves and now Fells... this is real good and we are reloading again. Oops forgot about #85....

Nice that the Pats can manage the cap so effectively, and take this opportunity to make this team better on paper..

All of a sudden splitting Hernandez out wide helps the receiver position.

I think this means we will see ahern playing more receiver than te...this guy is a other pass catcher so it gives brady another option.

Will we focus mainly on defense in the draft?

I think this means we will see ahern playing more receiver than te...this guy is a other pass catcher so it gives brady another option.

Will we focus mainly on defense in the draft?

In typical Belichick fashion, he is filling needs on both sides of the ball so that he can take the best players on their board in the draft.

Bostonherald.com: The 28-year-old UC Davis product may be to the Patriots what veteran Alge Crumpler was in 2009, a blocker and pass-catcher.

Thank goodness for that insight from the Herald.

...nice....now start developing Solder over there on the left side...great signing.

Good move. The guy is a pretty good #2 TE and a spectacular #3 TE.

The offense is pretty much done other than depth filling. The rest of free agency and the draft will likely focus on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes