PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots re-sign Mike Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The Patriots have just announced they’ve re-signed defensive lineman Mike Wright. Here’s the full text of the release: FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — The New England Patriots re-signed restricted free agent defensive lineman Mike Wright today. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. Wright, 26, has played in 38 games with five starts over three NFL seasons (2005-07), all [...]

More...

Last edited:
Thats right!!! very good STer and nice depth for the dline.

Great...always liked him..will help the DL depth

Doing EXACTLY what we thought. Lost Samuel, now keeping things together.

Nice depth retention.

Anybody have any info as to 1 year or multi-year?

Nice depth retention.

Anybody have any info as to 1 year or multi-year?

Assuming it's the RFA tender, it'd be one-year, although I believe it's at least possible that they withdrew the tender and re-signed him for longer.

question for all you. Is Mike Wright more of a serviceable backup than the other backup DL on other teams. I am just curious as to your opinions.

question for all you. Is Mike Wright more of a serviceable backup than the other backup DL on other teams. I am just curious as to your opinions.

As he fills in at NT, DE and on the kickoff team, yes, he seems to be of augmented value as a backup here.

He's a hard-nosed, tough son of a gun. There have been times he's filled in and we haven't missed a beat. Glad he's in the fold.

He seemed to have a knack for making a play when we needed. Tackle, sack or qb pressure. He was missed down the stretch.

Great depth

Really good on "teams"

Still developing and there may be some real upside to come...

When vince goes down and in 3rd down he comes in. i do not understand one thing .pats traditionally alot of rotation and some players come in the later part of the game and play fullly.

yet what is the thing with the whole starter obessesion.

Last edited:
He's a hard-nosed, tough son of a gun. There have been times he's filled in and we haven't missed a beat. Glad he's in the fold.

Absolutely ... he is a valuable member of the team. I still have not gotten that image of him running down and tackling the ball carrier that day ... I forgot the guys name. Like Whoa ... can he run like that all the time and if he can why isn't he at ILB? I'm sure there's a reason but for a DL guy I'm glad he's our sub.

Absolutely ... he is a valuable member of the team. I still have not gotten that image of him running down and tackling the ball carrier that day ... I forgot the guys name. Like Whoa ... can he run like that all the time and if he can why isn't he at ILB? I'm sure there's a reason but for a DL guy I'm glad he's our sub.
They've also used LeKevin Smith in similar roles, so its not a Mike Wright only thing.

Expected and welcome.

But I fear that it is and hope that it isn't a Randall Gay one and done.

Does anybody recall whether they tend to immediately disclose terms on straight tender-signing deals?

Solid rotation guy who also contributes on ST. What else can I say except, good move?

Still waiting for the draft though... the Pats can draft a real impact player at #7 or even in the teens if they trade down a little.

A solid player at a very good price for the organisation.
No more, no less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes