PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots re-sign Marques Murrell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Another transaction happening today; Marques Murrell re-signed?

Is this what it's come down to? :confused: Signing dogs off the street? :eek:

Woodhead and Ninkovich were once considered "dogs ff the street."

My wife's hairdresser's daughter's boyfriend informed me with great authority Andre Tippet was recently signed to a players contract.
:)

I also have a bad feeling that Mike Wright might be IR'd....

Hope I'm WRONG ! :bricks:

Last edited:

I also have a bad feeling that Mike Wright might be IR'd....

Hope I'm WRONG ! :bricks:

He may but it won't happen today.

Yup, it's confirmed. Murrell on the squad.

Didn't he go off a cliff?

Yes, but he survived, and I am sure he is still wanting a SB ring. :D

I like it. If we can have Murrell and Moore for the playoffs, helloooooooooo pass rush. I thought Murrell was playing well and he was let go.
Anyway we might look good in the playoffs on D upfront.

I like it. If we can have Murrell and Moore for the playoffs, helloooooooooo pass rush. I thought Murrell was playing well and he was let go.

Keep in mind that in 7 days someone has to go.....

Keep in mind that in 7 days someone has to go.....

What is the use of that Clayton RB? He is just occupying space and I think his time on the active roaster is up, we can waive him now and I don't think the Browns will come for him again, once he clears waivers, we put him on PS if he is helping at all

Because the Browns' season is over, they likely can sign him to their extended offseason roster via a reserve/future contract.

Supposedly those contracts can only be offered to players who weren't on an active roster "when the season concluded," which could either mean (a) the season is over and if Clayton is cut in the postseason, he's still considered "under contract," or (b) if Clayton is cut by a team whose season is on-going, he is now not under contract at the conclusion of the season and can be signed to an offseason roster. I think the latter interpretation is more likely, for myriad reasons.

When I said the Browns will not come for him again, it was in the direction of Mangini being gone. I think he was the one doing that silly back and forth.

It's starting to look like a fast base blitz, deep enough not to get tired late-game. That's good until somebody starts running the ball. This is a job for BB ...... I look forward to the draft and some real depth.

Woodhead and Ninkovich were once considered "dogs ff the street."

Go back and read closely the quote I was referring to. Maybe you'll get the joke. ;)

What is the use of that Clayton RB?

I've been wondering the same thing. Does he play special teams or something?

Whether Wright is IR'd or not I'd rather see Murrell or any DL body on the roster than Clayton. Nothing against him but I'd imagine it would take injuries to BJGE, Taylor, and Morris for him to see any carries in a meaningful situation and even then maybe they'd just let Woodhead be the fulltime back. And right now all 3 are fully healthy.

The team likes Clayton enough to keep him for next year's squad. There is no reason to cut him now. There are plenty of available inactive roster spots. We don't need to have players on the roster with the possibility that they might be needed for the playoffs. We are in the playoffs. We have the players we need for the active roster, the injured players and a couple of players for next year.

We have 3 perennial inactives: Price, Ohrnberger and LeVoir. We have plenty of room for Clayton. In addition, we have room for four inactive injured players or 3 plus 1 street free agent player of the week.

ANOTHER VIEW
We have 25 roster spots on offense, with 20 usually active. Alternatively, we can four RB's active for a total of 21 offensive players. Either option works out fine.

This allows us to have 21-22 defensive players active which is all that we usually ahe healthy. Occasionally there is a healthy scratch, sometimes for discplinary reasons. Occasionally a play can go but is given an extra week to rest after an injury.

ACTIVE
QB 2
WR 5 (including Slater)
RB 3 (1 of Morris or Taylor is almost always inactive as expected)
TE 3
OL 7

INACTIVE
RB 2
WR 1
RB 2

Yes, but he survived, and I am sure he is still wanting a SB ring. :D
I thought about that, i don't think he'd accept it for being on the team for a couple of games. He wouldn't feel that he earned it.

Last edited:

I liked what I saw of Murrell when he was the ROLB in the preseason game against the Saints. He crushed the edge on the run and got a sack or two if I recall.

Go back and read closely the quote I was referring to. Maybe you'll get the joke. ;)

Nigel Farage??

Gosh I think this is probably more simple than you guys are making it. Murrell is a OLB/sub-defense-DE type. Two OLB/Sub-defense-DE's didn't practice today - Cunningham and Moore. The roster will be at 53 on Monday. Hence one of the two injured OLBs will be IR'd before Monday, making room for Murrell. My guess is it's Cunningham, since he only played 4 snaps on Sunday. Tell me what I'm missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes