PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots RB Ridley Forced to Fight For Milestone in Win Over Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kudos to Ridley for going over 1,000....?

Still don't know why BB didn't play him in the Super Bowl. He was better than BJGE last year despite his late season fumbles.

I think he benefited from the off season, its hard to say if he would have helped.

Leaving aside my lame Shiancoe gag, I guess you would say Ridley is my binky... He's making me forget CM, healing that wound; it's nice to have a RB who's fun to watch again. I especially like how he squeezes extra yards out of plays that look to be over.

Last edited:

Also if the story is true thank you Nick Saban

It never fails.

No matter how many times you reread a post and think to yourself 'Surely everyone who reads this will see it is purely tongue in cheek, that it is actually a self-deprecating remark about how wrong I was about ditching BJGE for Ridley', it is still pretty much a guarantee that someone is going to take you seriously, isn't it?

That's what smileys are for. :)

I hope this game was a lesson for Mcdaniels that no matter how good the opposing teams run defense is you have to STAY COMMITTED TO THE RUN and it will eventually pay off.

this game wouldve been alot easier if they went to the run in the first half and could get brady to run some play action instead of going shotgun every play

I too was disappointed with how little play action was used and how little run-pass balance there was early ion the game. A bit more patience on that front might have opened up a lot.

It seems to me that once the Pats settle on a game plan they are sometimes reluctant to adjust it. The book on the Dolphins was that if you spread them out they are much less effective, and that seemed to be a prominent feature of the Pats' gameplan. But it wasn't that effective, and when they actually ran the ball they did fine. In the Seattle game they pretty much abandoned the run as well; the next week San Francisco mauled Seattle's run defense.

I've commented on this before, and I completely agree. The Pats need to stay committed to run-pass balance and to play action, and not get so predictable at times.

Poor fella can't get any shout out here in this forum, can he? :confused:

RB's have a history of getting bashed in here, so let's have a little praise for once. 1k with 4 games still to go is quite an accomplishment.

That's 1000 yards Jim Brown Style. 12 games.

I too was disappointed with how little play action was used and how little run-pass balance there was early ion the game. A bit more patience on that front might have opened up a lot.

It seems to me that once the Pats settle on a game plan they are sometimes reluctant to adjust it. The book on the Dolphins was that if you spread them out they are much less effective, and that seemed to be a prominent feature of the Pats' gameplan. But it wasn't that effective, and when they actually ran the ball they did fine. In the Seattle game they pretty much abandoned the run as well; the next week San Francisco mauled Seattle's run defense.

I've commented on this before, and I completely agree. The Pats need to stay committed to run-pass balance and to play action, and not get so predictable at times.

The runs to the outside seemed to be the only ones that the Phins could stop consistently. Otherwise the big issue was the refs coming down hard on the Pats for holding in the running game; considering what the Phins got away with there appeared to be a clear double standard there. The lack of the running game early and all the deep drops really put a lot of pressure on the tackles, which sure looked like a get Brady killed game plan considering...

Couldn't agree more. Not nearly enough Ridley or Vereen in that game until the final drive. Even the drive before that, they started running and got a first down. Then had a decent gain on first down called back on holding which killed that drive. But it still worked a heck of alot better than the spread until the penalty. Hope we aren't as stubborn down the stretch with committing to the run.

That's 1000 yards Jim Brown Style. 12 games.

Man, I was just going to write the EXACT same thing! Right on!

1000yds in 12 games is totally legit.

Last edited:

Man, I was just going to write the EXACT same thing! Right on!

1000yds in 12 games is totally legit.

Must mean you're old. Like me. Ha

What makes this even more impressive is that Bolden has 254 yards, Woodhead has 211 and Vereen has 173 yards.... And we've only played 12 games.

I was right all along. ;)

What makes this even more impressive is that Bolden has 254 yards, Woodhead has 211 and Vereen has 173 yards.... And we've only played 12 games.

Wonder if Bolden suits up against Houston. That'd be a big help

I was right all along. ;)

The issue was never your man crush on Ridley, but your need to slam the other RB's, especially BJGE.

As impressive as Ridley's accomplishments have been, I think Bolden and Vereen have really brought something to the table. Bolden was doing pretty good until he injured his knee.

I hope this game was a lesson for Mcdaniels that no matter how good the opposing teams run defense is you have to STAY COMMITTED TO THE RUN and it will eventually pay off.

this game wouldve been alot easier if they went to the run in the first half and could get brady to run some play action instead of going shotgun every play

This. The 1st half playcalling was atrocious. I looked up and saw that Brady had 23 attempts only a few minutes into the 2nd quarter, and way too much shotgun/empty backfield.

It definitely got better in the 4th when they recommitted to the run.

Ridley is the best back the Pats have had since Dillon in 2004.

Funny how many people killed Belichick for not drafting Mark Ingram, trading away the pick, and spending a second and third on Vereen and Ridley. The Ingram pick turned into Chandler Jones (granted the Pats had to package another pick to trade up) and Vereen. Ridley has become a far better back than Ingram has.

I have to admit that I wasn't a fan of the Ridley pick at the time and thought Vereen would be the stud. So I was wrong too. Glad I am.

Last edited:

The issue was never your man crush on Ridley, but your need to slam the other RB's, especially BJGE.

As impressive as Ridley's accomplishments have been, I think Bolden and Vereen have really brought something to the table. Bolden was doing pretty good until he injured his knee.

As much as I hate to say it, Bolden's possible PED usage (and now stoppage) and knee injury make me think he won't be too too effective against HOU.

The guy's an RB. Really don't think he's been using 'adderall'.

I was going to make a thread about this.

I'm just in awe of what Ridley's done. It's been so long since we truly had a running attack.

1,000 yards in 12 games. Green-Ellis could barely do that in 16.

Last edited:

Ridley is the best back the Pats have had since Dillon in 2004.

Funny how many people killed Belichick for not drafting Mark Ingram, trading away the pick, and spending a second and third on Vereen and Ridley. The Ingram pick turned into Chandler Jones (granted the Pats had to package another pick to trade up) and Vereen. Ridley has become a far better back than Ingram has.

I have to admit that I wasn't a fan of the Ridley pick at the time and thought Vereen would be the stud. So I was wrong too. Glad I am.
Vereen is going to be a stud. I still think he's going to be more explosive than Ridley.

The Patriots RB stocks look plentiful. It's a welcome sight for those of us who have wanted a strong running game to compliment Brady for years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back