PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots rated dead last in Draft Power Rankings article on NFL.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
what did kiper say?? hes the only 1 i care about.

the rest are hack wannabees. shame he works for espn though

He said:

Vernon Gholston would be an immediate help for the Jets defense.

Joey Harrington would be Brett Favre.

Aaron Curry was the best player in his draft.

There were 24 players better than Tomlinson in his draft.

JJ Stokes would be an all pro.

Akili Smith would be a great NFL QB

David Carr would be Troy Aikman

Andre Ware would be great

Jamarcus Russell would be elite, a to five QB

Mike Williams, see you at his HOF induction.

Ryan Leafs attitude would be a big asset to the Chargers

If Jimmy Clausen isnt great then he (Kiper) will call it quits.

And still at number one all time.

Tom Brady will be a career back up/clipboard holder.

You see guys like Duron Harmon and go "Who the f*** is that?"
You see guys like Jamie Collins and go "who the f*** is that?"
You see guys like Malcolm Butler and go "Who the f*** is that?"

What I see is a limitation in your vision.
Yeah I'm referring to NFLN. I have no issue with any of the above mentioned or KGH.

what did kiper say?? hes the only 1 i care about.

the rest are hack wannabees. shame he works for espn though

BB thought O'Connell would be a good NFL QB, and that Easley was worth a first round pick for the Patriots. Everyone makes huge mistakes when looking at the draft.

Find your favorite(s), and his/their comments will eventually find their way onto the free (and non-ESPN) internet.

"Patriots rated dead last in Draft Power Rankings article on NFL.com"... care to comment?

maxresdefault.jpg

Almost the same teams year after year drafting in the top 10-15 of each round.

Winning April ... sucking by Thanksgiving.

BB thought O'Connell would be a good NFL QB, and that Easley was worth a first round pick for the Patriots. Everyone makes huge mistakes when looking at the draft.

Find your favorite(s), and his/their comments will eventually find their way onto the free (and non-ESPN) internet.

Except that Bill Belichick has to answer for his decisions with results on the field, and despite those results there are many here who want to claim that he's bad at the job. His results don't seem to matter then, only the fact that he bypassed their binkies. As he's said numerous times he's building a team, not assembling talent.

I'll stick to cheering for the team (and drinking beer, lots of beer) and not worry about the hack-two-bit writers at NFL*com .

Except that Bill Belichick has to answer for his decisions with results on the field, and despite those results there are many here who want to claim that he's bad at the job. His results don't seem to matter then, only the fact that he bypassed their binkies. As he's said numerous times he's building a team, not assembling talent.

I'm not sure why you quoted me. My post had nothing to do with BB, save to point to an Patriots example of draft selection that's not 100%, since nobody's 100%. You post is white knighting for BB, which was absolutely needless, in context.

Dead last? Awesome. It's all going according to plan. BB is gonna turn this into motivation.

I'm not sure why you quoted me. My post had nothing to do with BB, save to point to an Patriots example of draft selection that's not 100%, since nobody's 100%. You post is white knighting for BB, which was absolutely needless, in context.

You brought Belichick into it, I simply said that unlike the talking heads he has accountability for his selections whereas they don't. And despite being the most successful GM of this era people, including you, shred his drafts.

Dumbest anything I have ever seen attempting to grade the draft. Pathetically dumb.

Last edited:
Just like we like it. Bury us with every possible scenario and we just keep making mediots, hater, doubters look like A'Holes. I know I say this every year but This Year is goin to be even Sweeter giving every other team a head start.

You brought Belichick into it, I simply said that unlike the talking heads he has accountability for his selections whereas they don't. And despite being the most successful GM of this era people, including you, shred his drafts.

So you basically spouted off nonsensically, and on an false tangent (those getting paid for doing that job are accountable to their bosses, after all), and used it as a dig against posters, rather than adding anything to the discussion. It didn't take long for you to remind me why I've had you on ignore.

So you basically spouted off nonsensically, and on an false tangent (those getting paid for doing that job are accountable to their bosses, after all), and used it as a dig against posters, rather than adding anything to the discussion. It didn't take long for you to remind me why I've had you on ignore.

What a load of crap. You were clearly responding to my post about Kiper and then expect me to look right past it. If you don't want a response then don't respond.

What a load of crap. You were clearly responding to my post about Kiper and then expect me to look right past it. If you don't want a response then don't respond.

And you've chosen to double down on the stupid. I was responding to the person I quoted, who was calling most of the draftniks hacks, and bemoaning the situation of his favorite being on ESPN. You'll note that said person was not you.

So, really, you're just as ridiculous as you were before, and taking you off ignore was a waste of time. Oh, well, maybe next year. Bye until then.

And you've chosen to double down on the stupid. I was responding to the person I quoted, who was calling most of the draftniks hacks, and bemoaning the situation of his favorite being on ESPN. You'll note that said person was not you.

So, really, you're just as ridiculous as you were before, and taking you off ignore was a waste of time. Oh, well, maybe next year. Bye until then.

Bye Deus, I'll miss you terribly.

That's better than doubling down by claiming the taking head draft guys are held accountable like football GMs. That's truly idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes