PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots rated dead last in Draft Power Rankings article on NFL.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

demerit

On the Roster
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted already but it seems absurd to me. I'm assuming it's because the Pats didn't pick at all until the 60th pick hence not getting any of the flashy big name players. Either that or the NFL really does hate the Patriots.

2016 NFL Draft class power rankings: Teams 25-32

Awesome.

You can only grade the Pats within the context of the picks they got.

Personally I feel they could have done better but they had a good enough draft. I gave them a B- grade

I don't think they made a single reach as far as talent this year (I don't think anyone would have been around 32 picks after we picked them in the top 4 rounds) and that trade to get a 4th next year was fantastic.

I do feel certain needs where not addresses as well as they could have been and superior talents were left on the board but I do like the players they picked for the most part.

Last edited:
Don't waste your time.

They've apparently determined exactly which rookies will make it in the NFL and have then assigned "points" to said players

They make Mel Kyper Jr look smart

We're just now getting clarity on the success of the draft from two years ago...get the **** outta here with this stupid ****.

All jokes aside, I actually like the draft, we have two guys in Jones and Thuney who have a real good chance to be solid starters. And we got a bunch of good athletes, one win among them would give us three good players which is a win when you have your #1 pick stolen and have to trade picks this year for another stolen pick next year.

Last edited:
We're just now getting clarity on the success of the draft from two years ago...get the **** outta here with this stupid ****.

I didn't love this year's draft for various reasons, but you're right in pointing out that it's virtually impossible to try and rank or grade something that just happened a couple of weeks ago. I respect all opinions on specific players and needs, but I don't know how anyone knows the grade without even seeing them play in the NFL yet.

Last edited:
Well, duh. Who else had their #1 pick stolen?

Who had their First Round pick stolen and on top of that drafted virtually last in spot 29 out of 32?

By the time the Patriots picked. 59 of the "best" most sure-fire players were off the board.

And its not just this year either, the Patriots have lost more 1st Round picks than any other team: 1 for Spygate and a for Hey-I-Just-Love-the-Jets-Give-Them-Your-First-Round-Pick-For-Hiring-That-BIIIG Name-Browns-Coach-Guy

So not only have the Patriots lost more First Round picks than any other team, but they also drafted by far in the worst (latest) position of any NFL team -several rounds behind all other teams on average in the draft.

Patriots average draft position in each round over the past 15 years: 28th.

Imagine putting together a team when you have to pick last (on average) in the Draft for 15 years straight.

Do you play Fantasy football? Imagine there is no snake-format. Imagine having to Draft 28th out of the 32. EVERY YEAR.

Thats a huge disadvantage in my opinion.

Didn't see this posted already but it seems absurd to me. I'm assuming it's because the Pats didn't pick at all until the 60th pick hence not getting any of the flashy big name players. Either that or the NFL really does hate the Patriots.

2016 NFL Draft class power rankings: Teams 25-32

I don't think it's absurd as during the whole offseason BB focused on FA. He probably thought that it's a weak draft class without 1RD pick, he was ready to trade every pick had someone given him good offer. I don't think BB was thrilled with any player in this draft, so he took what he had to take, didn't fight to move up for anybody. Was interested in UDFA as usual as the approach was to get during the draft process as many interesting players as possible and see how it goes from there. Although he never pays attention how media evaluate players, you could notice that he drafted players a round earlier comparing to where these guys were supposed to go according to overall expectaitions. I think it means he saw very few interesting players in this draft and got them as soon as he could.

The Minister of NFL Propaganda uses his Propaganda Outlet, NFL.Com, and says the Patriots were dead last in some made up, bullshyt rating system.. and I am surprised???

The NFL is embarrassing themselves..

For each draft, Ron Wolf's rule of thumb is....

3 starters- excellent
2 starters- very good
1 starter - fair

4 contributors- excellent
3 contributors- very good
2 contributors - fair

I suspect Bill would agree with Wolf.

NFL.com is clueless just like their boss

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back