PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots ranked 14th in Sporting News Power Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think they are as far off as some think. The are far from a championship caliber 3-4 defense, but could easily field an as good, if not better defense than last year. You bring Bodden back and the secondary remains virtually unchanged (Springs?), so I'd expect nothing but improvement on what was a pretty good unit last year. D-line needs a body or two. OLB needs a few bodies. We have 4 picks in the first 60, and no FA restrictions. I am not overly worried. We'll be 11-5/10-6 next year with a brutal schedule (could easily lose every non-division home game)

Some comments on the article:

"7. Pittsburgh Steelers"

Did they make the playoffs?

"12. New York Giants "

Again, they didn't win their division or make the play offs. How are they ahead of the Pats? Makes no sense.

And the jets at six is a joke. They got so lucky to even get where they were, its pathetic. It would have been an absolute embarassment if they had beat the Colts.

Some comments on the article:

"7. Pittsburgh Steelers"

Did they make the playoffs?

"12. New York Giants "

Again, they didn't win their division or make the play offs. How are they ahead of the Pats? Makes no sense.

The Patriots are currently without their starting RG, CB1, WR2, TE1, #1 pass rusher, a starting DE and a punter. That's above and beyond being in desperate straits in other positions (other OLB, for example). That's how.

The Patriots are currently without their starting RG, CB1, WR2, TE1, #1 pass rusher, a starting DE and a punter. That's above and beyond being in desperate straits in other positions (other OLB, for example). That's how.

You're telling me the Giants or Jets are better than the Patriots right now?

You're telling me the Giants or Jets are better than the Patriots right now?

Yes, at the moment, I believe both are better than the Patriots. I do expect that to change over the course of the offseason.

Last edited:
The Patriots strive in the underdog role, let the media hate.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back