PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots RANK #7 in Mike Florio's PFT's preseason power rankings

...Just visited Caesars Palace the other day. They have Pats 7-1 to win in Feb 14' behind only Denver at 9-2, and tied with SF and Sea (also 7-1).

Those LV folks seem to know what's what from time to time...

I agree those in Vegas who bet on these games follow these teams/games closely. Usually they're right on the money.

The Patriots finished tied for 3rd/4th last regular season, were one game away from being tied at 11-5 with a group of teams, and lost a great deal on offense in the offseason. We don't know what the offensive replacements will do, and we don't know if any of the defensive players will be worth a damn, but it's apparently still sacrilige to think it even possible that a few teams might catch the Patriots regular season numbers.

Welcome to Patsfans.com.

I am confident that the dozens of Rutgers players now on the roster will push this team to glory....just like they carried Rutgers to the upper echelons of the Big East.
Foam Fingers Unite

#7 seems about fair. Objectively, the Pats have a ton of question marks right now, and there are teams out there who don't have nearly as many, and therefore should get the nod. In fact, I'd say that #7 is a ranking of respect - most teams with a defense like ours that had 90% of their receiving corps from last year either gone or injured would be ranked a lot lower.

If some of the dominoes fall into place, though, preseason rankings like this won't matter for long.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back