PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots publish emails to nfl asking to correct false deflategate reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can be assured that there are more. Many more. I'm sure the NFL has dirt on the Pats too. It's a set of circumstances that can escalate very quickly.

Bob put his faith in Goody to let Brady off and he got burned. Now he's taking matters in his own hands and could care less who in the league office he runs over.

We'll see.
Remember that Kraft established the site to our cheers only to have a weekend with Goodell and fold completely. The NFL has not yet fired back openly. Behind the scenes, who knows? Let's see if Bob has the stamina to continue the fight and doesn't retreat again when shots are fired back.

We'll see.
Remember that Kraft established the site to our cheers only to have a weekend with Goodell and fold completely. The NFL has not yet fired back openly. Behind the scenes, who knows? Let's see if Bob has the stamina to continue the fight and doesn't retreat again when shots are fired back.
I know...I'm taking a big leap of faith in thinking Bob has taken the gloves off this time.

Those emails were pretty damning. You don't do that unless you mean serious business.

I know...I'm taking a big leap of faith in thinking Bob has taken the gloves off this time.

Those emails were pretty damning. You don't do that unless you mean serious business.

You don't go on national TV before the SuperBowl and demand exoneration and apology and then when the league responds totally screwing you over surrender apologetically.

That's what happened when he removed a glove last time.

We'll see.
Johnathan should send Bob on a length vacation to Australia or something until this is over.

You can be assured that there are more. Many more. I'm sure the NFL has dirt on the Pats too. It's a set of circumstances that can escalate very quickly.

Bob put his faith in Goody to let Brady off and he got burned. Now he's taking matters in his own hands and could care less who in the league office he runs over.
You have coaches who have 40 years of experience in the league and certainly know where the proverbial bodies are buried. There many be some other owners squirming that their dirt will be unearthed. The best analogy (nearly 50 years old) is probably that it will turn into.......

I'm not sure why this e-mail release has people thinking Bob is really going to war now. I said in another thread this is kind of WWE style tactics- it's probably good for the league overall in a weird way. It's not like he's taking them to court or challenging the loss of $ and/or picks. You could say it makes the NFL look worse, but if you think it makes them look worse than they already did with dudes like Peterson and Rice, I'd ask you to examine your thoughts for a moment. I don't think it really changes the outward face of the league that much. Especially when a large contingent of people might feel the league was justified in trying to get Brady because the Patriots "are cheaters." Yes Goodell messed it up, but nobody thought he was competent by this point anyway.

I guess I just feel like we're stepping full-on now into "entertainment sports," and that it could be by design in some ways. Can't really arrive at a place where I feel a bit different about Krafty from it.

I'm not sure why this e-mail release has people thinking Bob is really going to war now. I said in another thread this is kind of WWE style tactics- it's probably good for the league overall in a weird way. It's not like he's taking them to court or challenging the loss of $ and/or picks. You could say it makes the NFL look worse, but if you think it makes them look worse than they already did with dudes like Peterson and Rice, I'd ask you to examine your thoughts for a moment. I don't think it really changes the outward face of the league that much. Especially when a large contingent of people might feel the league was justified in trying to get Brady because the Patriots "are cheaters." Yes Goodell messed it up, but nobody thought he was competent by this point anyway.

I guess I just feel like we're stepping full-on now into "entertainment sports," and that it could be by design in some ways. Can't really arrive at a place where I feel a bit different about Krafty from it.

everyone on this board is now dumber, I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul

It took a while but they were holding back because of the Brady appeal, now however the Patriots have acknowledged that when they stood down the league just kept on shoveling sh.t at them and they are firing back. Good for them, I would love to see them go nuclear and sue for deliberately conspiring to damage the Patriots brand but don't think they will take it that far.

Should have gone public with the emails even before the Wells report was public. You won't correct the false information then we will.

I agree with you, but that is exactly what the NFL wanted them to do is my guess... they would have been in direct violation of a Non Disclosure Agreement and the NFL would have nailed them to the wall with it even harder than they already did.

These guys are world class scumbags that hate the Patriots and control the league office. Its very blatant, so blatant that its insulting... but the real sad and strange part of this is that not a lot of people outside of New England seem to even care, which BLOWS MY MIND... Until it happens to their team, most people have their head in the sand and are taking joy in watching the Patriots get obliterated all over the national news.

Except he just did.

To his credit.. but he didn't do it when it mattered most, at a time when releasing those emails could have drastically changed public opinion and steered this entire ship in a different direction.

Release those emails now, in the eyes of everyone outside of NE, is just the Pats being whiny babies that won't accept their punishment for OMG DESTROYING a cell phone.

It will be interesting to see how Goodell handles this (assuming it goes further).

On one hand, you have Goodell who works for Kraft telling him, he's just one of the 32 and thus he is "bigger" than a single owner. Interesting concept and based on how Goodell has responded, he does act like he is far superior to a single person.

On the other hand, Kraft fired back, but not a direct shot at Goodell. He's giving Goodell a chance to remain on the side, but position to get a reaction as to how he handles the next step. Goodell will remain willfully oblivious (like BB to a plane with a Cheater banner flying by), until the story gains some momentum.

It will be interesting to see how Goodell handles this (assuming it goes further).

On one hand, you have Goodell who works for Kraft telling him, he's just one of the 32 and thus he is "bigger" than a single owner. Interesting concept and based on how Goodell has responded, he does act like he is far superior to a single person.

On the other hand, Kraft fired back, but not a direct shot at Goodell. He's giving Goodell a chance to remain on the side, but position to get a reaction as to how he handles the next step. Goodell will remain willfully oblivious (like BB to a plane with a Cheater banner flying by), until the story gains some momentum.

i have no doubt Goodell is seeing which way the wind blows after the emails were sent out.

the emails are truly damning and shows what we have believed for months, the NFL does not care about actual facts and wants to do what ever they want.

Bu..buut they cheated. Love how some of the haters are saying the Patriots played dirty by releasing these emails as some kind of last ditch effort to cover up they cheated.

These are the people you will never change. I will say one thing about the Patriots, they did turn a lot of eyebrows yesterday and some fans actually stopped and said "wait a minute. This was unfair and this can happen to my team." Or "what's going on here."

i have no doubt Goodell is seeing which way the wind blows after the emails were sent out.

the emails are truly damning and shows what we have believed for months, the NFL does not care about actual facts and wants to do what ever they want.

The fact that we have heard nothing but crickets from Kensil and Goody tells me a lot. Kensil would have been refuting the weei report ASAP if he was innocent. Goody should schedule a press conference in the next few days explaining the allegations against Kensil and the email trail. If we hear nothing but crickets you can form your own conclusion.

Bu..buut they cheated. Love how some of the haters are saying the Patriots played dirty by releasing these emails as some kind of last ditch effort to cover up they cheated.

These are the people you will never change. I will say one thing about the Patriots, they did turn a lot of eyebrows yesterday and some fans actually stopped and said "wait a minute. This was unfair and this can happen to my team." Or "what's going on here."

this is from a seahawks fan on reddit :

LegionofDoh 320 points 17 hours ago

Holy **** this whole thing has gotten so damn complicated and confusing I can't even keep track anymore. Balls were underinflated, no they weren't. Texts were sent, they prove guilt, they prove nothing. Phones destroyed, no they weren't, yes they were.

Everything feels biased. Every piece of news feels shady. Every comment feels jaded, biased, or misinformed.

**** this. I'm going to wait for the 30 for 30 so someone can take me through every nuance piece by piece. Until then, I'm out.

Holy **** this whole thing has gotten so damn complicated and confusing I can't even keep track anymore. Balls were underinflated, no they weren't. Texts were sent, they prove guilt, they prove nothing. Phones destroyed, no they weren't, yes they were.

Everything feels biased. Every piece of news feels shady. Every comment feels jaded, biased, or misinformed.

**** this. I'm going to wait for the 30 for 30 so someone can take me through every nuance piece by piece. Until then, I'm out.

Kraft and the Patriots told the NFL: "See, it works both ways." They have chosen the dignified trail up until yesterday and it got them nowhere.
It's sad it had to come to that but jeezus, look at the NFLs lack of response and now it's on display for everyone to see. Unfortunately America eats this **** up like a reality show.

Good luck getting a non biased 30 for 30 when ESPN and some of their reporters are in bed with the NFL. A non biased investigative journalist has the opportunity to break a story about how corrupt the NFL has become. Lets hope it is in the works.

Also, be on the look out for when Bill Simmons starts his show on HBO. That is going to be must watch T.V.

The simmons and kessler hour. Get the popcorn

That's another situation that Mortensen got wrong. He reported at the time that there was no way Vick would be indicted.
I don't remember that at all, but just this offseason:
"11 of 12"
"Derek Carr might miss TC"... he was back 2 days later
"Dez serious about skipping reg season games"
"JPP's hand is fine"

I thought teh story was there was so much stuff out there nfl couldn't be expected to notice mort'sphoney report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes