Patriots publish emails to nfl asking to correct false deflategate reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember that at all, but just this offseason:
"11 of 12"
"Derek Carr might miss TC"... he was back 2 days later
"Dez serious about skipping reg season games"
"JPP's hand is fine"

to be fair on that last one, mort was born with only 8 fingers.

Holy **** this whole thing has gotten so damn complicated and confusing I can't even keep track anymore. Balls were underinflated, no they weren't. Texts were sent, they prove guilt, they prove nothing. Phones destroyed, no they weren't, yes they were.

Everything feels biased. Every piece of news feels shady. Every comment feels jaded, biased, or misinformed.

**** this. I'm going to wait for the 30 for 30 so someone can take me through every nuance piece by piece. Until then, I'm out.

The sad thing is that I've read that multiple times and that seems to be the prevailing wisdom: "f this, everyone's spinning it for their own purposes at this point, I'm just not gonna believe anyone but they obviously did something".

When in actuality, the Patriots are merely releasing factual information that points to outright lies and misinformation from the NFL and ESPN. That's not spin, that's not an angle, that's fact. The fact is someone at the NFL, likely Kensil, leaked a false report to ESPN that sparked this nonsense, and it was never, even to this day, corrected. The fact is someone at the NFL leaked false, misleading information about the disappearing ball and McNally's personal information, when in actuality it was an NFL employee doing shady sh*t. The Patriots just wanted these false information leaks to stop!

But with so much spin and lies from the NFL, everyone not in New England just sees the Patriots information as more spin. God is that frustrating!

If they do send emails i hope they're circulated.

The league would have real trouble fining the Pats, ordering them to stop, etc. They do have one effective tactic in response, however -- release damning information about the Pats.

Of course, if they don't have damning information about the Pats ... :D

Actually, what I really expect that is them to hint in leaks that they have unspecified damning information, while sniffing that they're taking the high road, unlike the somewhat understandably tantrum-throwing Pats.

This could get good. Eventually, the press will figure out that if the league really did cover anything up for the Pats around Spygate or whatever, they'd be leaking it now. So if they aren't, there's nothing to leak!

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...ts-training-camp-early-work-for-rookie-guards

The battle lines have been drawn in the Tom Brady/Patriots vs. NFL Deflategate saga: It's integrity of the game (NFL view) vs. integrity of the league office (Brady/Patriots' view). The emails shared by the Patriots on their website Friday raise significant questions as to how the league handled everything relating to the investigation. It seems obvious that Patriots owner Robert Kraft feels betrayed by commissioner Roger Goodell for siding with NFL general counsel Jeff Pash, whose apparent indifference to correct the public record throughout the investigation was stunning. Then, to me, Pash's legal tactic to have the suspension confirmed in a New York court was viewed by the club as a low blow and the final straw that sparked the release of the emails.

I would like to see yee now release the notes he said he took during brady's testimony with wells showing what all was left out of the report. The Judge gag order wont help.

The league would have real trouble fining the Pats, ordering them to stop, etc. They do have one effective tactic in response, however -- release damning information about the Pats.

Of course, if they don't have damning information about the Pats ... :D

Actually, what I really expect that is them to hint in leaks that they have unspecified damning information, while sniffing that they're taking the high road, unlike the somewhat understandably tantrum-throwing Pats.

This could get good. Eventually, the press will figure out that if the league really did cover anything up for the Pats around Spygate or whatever, they'd be leaking it now. So if they aren't, there's nothing to leak!
Would the League releasing damning info now be in violation of Judge Berman's order? I think they may be temporarily silenced.

2 things I hope for on Monday:

1 - That the Patriots aren't done with these sort of acts. For example, if they have a communication from the league ordering them to suspend McNally and Jastremski, leak that to PFT, EEI, Curran, or whoever. Now is not the time to sit back and think "Well, we showed them" and call it a day, which ties into my second point...

2 - That the organization is prepared for some push back by the NFL. I don't what exactly it will be, but they took some heat over the weekend and I don't expect them to let that slide. It could be annoyance type stuff, like a surprise inspection of training camp protocols or it could be something major, like forcing Kraft off the TV committee.

I would like to see yee now release the notes he said he took during brady's testimony with wells showing what all was left out of the report. The Judge gag order wont help.

Umm . . . unless everything is sealed (which seems unlikely), I suspect it's only a matter of time before that happens.

2 - That the organization is prepared for some push back by the NFL. I don't what exactly it will be, but they took some heat over the weekend and I don't expect them to let that slide. It could be annoyance type stuff, like a surprise inspection of training camp protocols or it could be something major, like forcing Kraft off the TV committee.

I believe—though I could be wrong—that that is purely on the owners to decide, and not in Goodell's hands at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes