PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots prospect meetings

Looks like we can feel confident that at least one interior lineman and one tight end will be drafted, lol.

and confident that at least one OL currently on the team will get the boot.

do you really think Tre Jackson is a mid round prospect? I would think he's a 2nd rounder.
I have read some really negative things about Jackson and his conditioning.

It's interesting that non FSU interviews are being described as "with Patriots" and the two FSU interviews (Jackson, Hart) as "with Dante".
Surprised they aren't meeting with Erving too.

It's interesting that non FSU interviews are being described as "with Patriots" and the two FSU interviews (Jackson, Hart) as "with Dante".

I wonder if the latter count against the Pats' 60 interview limit, since Dante is not officially a member of the organization. I'm not sure how teams designate interviews to the Combine, and what the rules are on interviews by individuals not formally part of an organization.

I think that Ali Marpet is going to be taken with #64 overall (maybe a small trade back) which will be early and seen as a reach but he will end up being the starting LG for the next 10 years. I'm high on this kid and I see him as a Belichick pick.

I'm high on him too, but I'm hoping for the Pats taking him in the 96-101 range. 64 seems a bit high right now.

One thing to bear in mind is that each team is limited to 60 interviews so the more they do at one position does suggest the level of interest. Also, think about the projected grades of the prospects they are interviewing - that might suggest how the team are viewing the value of drafting that position. For example, they interviews a lot of first and second round WRs the year they drafted Dobson.

great point on this.

After the interviews e.t.c are done it would be great to look at the projected rounds for each meeting then stack them up against who the pats actually draft.

i wonder if there is a correlation

Surprised they aren't meeting with Erving too.

They might well be. I think a lot of the interview info comes from each prospects press conference where they're asked who they've met with. Sometimes they'll list the teams, sometimes they'll just say something like "23 teams" and so we dont get to find out.

I'm high on him too, but I'm hoping for the Pats taking him in the 96-101 range. 64 seems a bit high right now.
I agree I just think he maybe a Vollmer type pick.

Doug Kyed says that DT Malcom Brown has a meeting with the Pats.

Pats meeting with Texas DT Malcolm Brown, per Doug Kyed.

The Pats also scout players in the draft so they'll have more to go on if they're ever waived or released years later.
Another thing I've noticed is that sometimes they draft a teammate of players they've interviewed. It makes you wonder if they used the interview to find out inside scoop on other players form a teammate's perspective...Granted at an SEC school, that is not much of a stretch with many players drafted but IIRC it has happened at a few of the smaller lesser known schools...

A couple I really like:

UCLA DE Owa Udighizuwa will meet with the Patriots tonight.

https://twitter.com/DougKyedNESN/status/568852923674791937

And importantly:

Owa Odighizuwa said "everything checked out" with the Medicals this morning. Said he is good to go, hips showed full range of motion

https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/568853032730910721

And this guy could be a really good fit:

Houston DL Joey Mbu met with the Patriots last night. Joked that his best position is slot receiver.

Reportedly a very hard worker and is 6'3", 313lbs with 35" arms.

Pats met today with Danny Shelton NT, Washington cornerback Marcus Peters, Washington linebacker Shaq Thompson, Virginia defensive end Eli Harold, and Alabama safety Landon Collins

http://nesn.com/2015/02/nose-tackle-danny-shelton-among-patriots-combine-day-4-interviews/

Danny Shelton is going to cost a lot to get him. Top 10 easily.

They also met Kikaha. Really checking out the Washington defenders. The three you mentioned are all potential first rounders. Would be an expensive way to replicate what we did with Rutgers :)

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back