Patriots Progress Report - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Progress Report - Week 2
By: Mike Procopio

Taking a quick look at the first two weeks, here's my progress report on what we've seen so far - although clearly I believe we'll see an improvement in the coming weeks:...

I don't know if I would be quite so harsh on the linebackers myself, but overall that looks fairly accurate. Considering how well the Bills have played in their first two games this game at Buffalo should be an excellent test to see how each of the Patriots defensive units are progressing.

I'm interested to see how the Patriot linebackers do in coverage situations on Sunday. The Bills are going to spread them out, potentially 5 at a time. Not sure who the "decoy" WR's will be with two of them going down for the year, but Guyton, Ninkovich, and Mayo will all have to stay with these guys or at least disrupt their routes off the LOS.

As far as the linebackers go, it may have been a bit harsh, but that was Mayo's first real "big" play in a while. It wasn't Willie McGinest on 4th and Goal in Indy "big", but it was big.

I'd like to see more guys blitzing up the middle or off the edge and putting pressure on the brainchild QB in Buffalo on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes