PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Program alerts this week (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There is one Patriots special coming up. Maybe some of you have heard of others,if so post them on this thread.

Here is one hour special that is going to be on Wed, Thurs, and Fri on NEST at various times.

http://newengland.comcastsportsnet.com/roadtoperfection.jsp

It's called: Road to Perfection

Re: Patriots Program alerts this week

Patriots All Access will be on Friday at 7PM (as opposed to it's usual Saturday) and will be live from Gillette.

If Felger is on the NEST show it should be titled Critique of Perfection...

"Path to Perfection" special on TV

I saw there was a thread about this and I tried to set the dvr so I don't miss it,
Anyone know who has this and when
I thought it was tonight @ 8 & 10 but can't find it

Re: "Path to Perfection" special on TV

The NFL Network has a Path To Perfection special on Friday evening starting at 9pm - Probably a 1 hour special

I saw there was a thread about this and I tried to set the dvr so I don't miss it,
Anyone know who has this and when
I thought it was tonight @ 8 & 10 but can't find it

I merged your thread with the one that I started last night. It has a link to that program.

Also, If anyone has heard of any other "specials" please post them here so people can be informed about these.

Don't know if any of you caught FSNE/CN8/whatever it is special Road To Perfection programming last night. Good panel of guests including Mike Holley, Tom Curran, Don Banks and Cristian Fauria. Problem was, Felger is the host so they were wasted. Felger has become the shrill critic who rather than ask another's opinion always frames his questions around his opinion ("Don't you think..."), and then spends the remainder of the program talking over people who don't see it the way he sees it, essentially dominating the time slot so no informed or intelligent discussion can ensue. And since he is on nearly every pre and post and between game program, not to mention polluting the airwaves on radio for 3 hours a day via ESPN, he wears media opinion down.

When this team says these days that the media doesn't decide games, play on the field does, it is Felger they are directing 98% of their comments to. I'm sure Bill doesn't mind since it helps provide a little edge that might be somewhat dulled on your average 16-0 team... Felger had a short locker room interview with Rodney, who he tried to bait into retirement talk, and the almost comical disdain they have for this creton is palpable. It's pretty clear his access is controlled by Stacey. They have to give him something because of his programming deals, but they make sure to give him the guys who can deal with him.

Felger's new objectivity mantra is stats and coaches be dammed, he knows what his Tivo trained eyes see - similar to what the eagle eyed anti-homers continue to see here entering the 18th week of the season...not the same team as 2003-2004...:rolleyes: And he's not just satisfied to hold his own opinion, he is hell bent on enlisting converts to his point of view. Reminds me of my alcoholic cousin who hates to drink alone.

He asked Fauria why he came here, knowing the answer was he had the same reaction I did to this team being introduced in XXXVI...he knew right then they were doing to win because they really were a team. Felger then asked him do you REALLY (again, 'cause I don't...) think this team is still like that, or hasn't talent changed that mentality at least a little... Fauria said they are still the same. The problem is some people just labeled those former teams as less talented and created the illusion they only won because of the system. He said that is why it has taken this long for this team to send 7-8 guys to the pro bowl in the midst of a dynasty.

Felger has built a career essentially nitpicking a dynasty. He firmly believes that 2002, 2005 and 2006 proved his point that the 2001, 2003 and 2004 teams were somehow fatally flawed and 2007 proves they knew they lacked talent. And the second half of 2007, when they didn't blow everyone out, proves that even this supertalented team is flawed. When in reality all it proves is Felger having never played the game even collegiately, has no real clue what goes into winning championships - even after having the good (career) fortune of covering this franchise for over a decade now.

And sadly his act resonates with a handfull of local mediots, some on Krafts payroll to boot, who seem to have an axe to grind with this team that I think is more deeply rooted in being wrong three out of six years than in honestly believing their opinion was vindicated in the other three. And what they think they know has a trickle down effect on the national media and their perception of this team. Hence we've gone from juggernaut to potentially teetering on the brink of elimination just as soon as we have to face the 13-3 team we already beat IF we manage to get past the mighty 11-5 wildcard team who barely beat a dysfunctional Steelers team.

And don't kid yourself. If we blow out the JAGS, it will mean nothing heading into a matchup with the reigning champs. And by the time the Superbowl rolls around, the NFC will have become far more competitive than previously imagined. If you allow them to, the Felger's of the world will squeeze all the joy out of any journey.

Don't know if any of you caught FSNE/CN8/whatever it is special Road To Perfection programming last night. Good panel of guests including Mike Holley, Tom Curran, Don Banks and Cristian Fauria. Problem was, Felger is the host so they were wasted. Felger has become the shrill critic who rather than ask another's opinion always frames his questions around his opinion ("Don't you think..."), and then spends the remainder of the program talking over people who don't see it the way he sees it, essentially dominating the time slot so no informed or intelligent discussion can ensue. And since he is on nearly every pre and post and between game program, not to mention polluting the airwaves on radio for 3 hours a day via ESPN, he wears media opinion down.

When this team says these days that the media doesn't decide games, play on the field does, it is Felger they are directing 98% of their comments to. I'm sure Bill doesn't mind since it helps provide a little edge that might be somewhat dulled on your average 16-0 team... Felger had a short locker room interview with Rodney, who he tried to bait into retirement talk, and the almost comical disdain they have for this creton is palpable. It's pretty clear his access is controlled by Stacey. They have to give him something because of his programming deals, but they make sure to give him the guys who can deal with him.

Felger's new objectivity mantra is stats and coaches be dammed, he knows what his Tivo trained eyes see - similar to what the eagle eyed anti-homers continue to see here entering the 18th week of the season...not the same team as 2003-2004...:rolleyes: And he's not just satisfied to hold his own opinion, he is hell bent on enlisting converts to his point of view. Reminds me of my alcoholic cousin who hates to drink alone.

He asked Fauria why he came here, knowing the answer was he had the same reaction I did to this team being introduced in XXXVI...he knew right then they were doing to win because they really were a team. Felger then asked him do you REALLY (again, 'cause I don't...) think this team is still like that, or hasn't talent changed that mentality at least a little... Fauria said they are still the same. The problem is some people just labeled those former teams as less talented and created the illusion they only won because of the system. He said that is why it has taken this long for this team to send 7-8 guys to the pro bowl in the midst of a dynasty.

Felger has built a career essentially nitpicking a dynasty. He firmly believes that 2002, 2005 and 2006 proved his point that the 2001, 2003 and 2004 teams were somehow fatally flawed and 2007 proves they knew they lacked talent. And the second half of 2007, when they didn't blow everyone out, proves that even this supertalented team is flawed. When in reality all it proves is Felger having never played the game even collegiately, has no real clue what goes into winning championships - even after having the good (career) fortune of covering this franchise for over a decade now.

And sadly his act resonates with a handfull of local mediots, some on Krafts payroll to boot, who seem to have an axe to grind with this team that I think is more deeply rooted in being wrong three out of six years than in honestly believing their opinion was vindicated in the other three. And what they think they know has a trickle down effect on the national media and their perception of this team. Hence we've gone from juggernaut to potentially teetering on the brink of elimination just as soon as we have to face the 13-3 team we already beat IF we manage to get past the mighty 11-5 wildcard team who barely beat a dysfunctional Steelers team.

And don't kid yourself. If we blow out the JAGS, it will mean nothing heading into a matchup with the reigning champs. And by the time the Superbowl rolls around, the NFC will have become far more competitive than previously imagined. If you allow them to, the Felger's of the world will squeeze all the joy out of any journey.

In spite of Felger, I plan on watching it tonight. It's about the Patriots so this homer has to watch it.

I wonder if tonight will be a different one or just a tape of last nights show. And, the ultimate homer show is on before it, Tailgate.

NFL network January 11th
9:00 AM NFL REPLAY 2006 Wk 16 - New England Patriots vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
10:30 AM GAME OF THE WEEK 2005 Wild Card: Jacksonville Jaguars vs New England Patriots (1/7/06)
9:00 PM TO 10:30pm PATH TO PERFECTION Patriots quest for a perfect season.
The one that I look forward to every week for the last umpteen years
7:30 PM Twin River New England Tailgate on comcast fox sports or what ever that station is called now.

In spite of Felger, I plan on watching it tonight. It's about the Patriots so this homer has to watch it.

I wonder if tonight will be a different one or just a tape of last nights show. And, the ultimate homer show is on before it, Tailgate.

It's going to be a different show every evening, although Felger will host them all...

A valid assessment, although at some level I appreciate Felger's "devil's advocate" approach as it can provoke discussion that otherwise wouldn't occur. As in, others showing how and why he can be wrong. I think bringing Fauria in was an excellent move.

I merged your thread with the one that I started last night. It has a link to that program.

Also, If anyone has heard of any other "specials" please post them here so people can be informed about these.

Thanks PATSNUT, I did catch half last night and some this am..... Get the whole thing tonight
I am already having Patriot withdrawl syndrome.... Ijust can't get enough.....I always go thru it hard post season, but buy weeks are so hard.........
I need it so bad, I will sit thru Felger's ranting

Channel 4 is having a half hour pre game special at 7PM on Friday, probably also featuring Felgie, competing with Channel 5's Patriots All Access live from Gillette.

FSNE/CN8 is featuring hosts Tanguay and ****erson tonight :rolleyes: at 8PM along with the regular crew (assume that means Felger and Fauria) as well as Mark Schlereth and Sal Palantonio.

Not sure what they are doing Friday since the Celtics are playing.

There is a special on NEST tonight at 8PM, 1/16/08.

There are also specials on Channel 5 & 4 on Friday and Sat night.

What channel is NEST? Is it on Comcast in Boston? I can't find it.

What channel is NEST? Is it on Comcast in Boston? I can't find it.

It's Comcast Sports Net New England Sports tonight.

CORRECTION: It's on at 10:30 tonight , then another at 8Pm tomorrow night.

Sorry!

Thanks a lot for the info. I appreciate it.

The entire divisional play-off vs San Diego last season will be shown Thursday night, 8:30-11:30 I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes