PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots portrayed as the leading number-crunching NFL team

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Henry has just brought it in at Liverpool. Liverpools transfers are now heavily based on statistics. Stats have a place but shoud never be used over your eyes and instinct IMO.

Unfortunately, Liverpool's style of football sucks. I don't think I can even call it football. I call it, "pass the ball around the defense and then turn it over to the opponent" style. No movement by the midfield (Gerrard a big culprit), no wingers, and a 35mill piece of stick up front. I've been supporting them since I was a little kid. Only saving grace is Suarez and the back 5.

Unfortunately, Liverpool's style of football sucks. I don't think I can even call it football. I call it, "pass the ball around the defense and then turn it over to the opponent" style. No movement by the midfield (Gerrard a big culprit), no wingers, and a 35mill piece of stick up front. I've been supporting them since I was a little kid. Only saving grace is Suarez and the back 5.

They're a team of crabs right now, can only play sideways.

I'd need to see the study to review the methodology, but I tend to agree, at least to the extent that I believe the incremental increase in ability from a good/very good RB to an elite RB is not worth the incremental dollar cost.

Depends on how excellent the line is. Shannahan historically could run the ball with any back because of the effectivness of his zone blocking schemes. Here even when we upgrade talent we tend to focus on pass blocking, I assume because unlike Shannahan we tend to have a QB who pays dividends... If you don't, then you better run.

Still think a healthy Dillon or healthy Fred Taylor beats a healthy BJGE running behind this line. The problems arise when you invest heavily either in draft capital or reinvest in contractual capital in an elite RB because so many things can make them sub elite in a hurry.

Agreed. But man, just for the sake of discussion, it sure would have been nice if our starting RB was a guy like McCoy or Peterson. Oh well. I'm perfectly comfortable with our RB situation if next year's group is BJGE, Woodhead, Ridley, and Vereen.

What would you downgrade in order to have that? That's the necessary trade. You want to allocate that kind of cap money to the RB position, you have to take it away from somewhere else.

How many teams have had top 5 QB's AND top 5 RB's, over an extended period of time? There have been a few that have hit it with low draft picks at RB, but even then they tend to flame out with injuries within three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back