PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots players that you have underrated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle Arrington. Many people were calling for his head and had him in the same class as Darius Butler. He has proved to be serviceable though.

How about a little love for Gerard Warren?

* A top 5 draft pick who busts out in Cleveland.

* Then to further confirm that the Cleveland D-line stunk, Warren is reunited in Denver with other Cleveland D-linemen, where they stink even worse.

* Follow that with a trade to the Raiders for a conditional 5th rounder, then released by the Raiders in 2010.

Patriots pick him up, make him a starter, and he's stuck around! That's pretty impressive with that resume.

Good point on him. I couldn't really think of anyone when I read the OP, but I definitely thought Warren was going to be off the team in short order when we signed him. Considering his past, it's amazing that he's stuck.

Dan Connolly

When Logan Mankins held out and then his presumed replacement, Nick Kaczur was hurt after one practice there was quite a bit of angst among fans of the Patriots. In fact, I think BB may have had some too, seeing how he did not IR Kaczur right away. Though he's not an all-pro by any means Connolly performed much better than expected, first in place of Mankins, and then on the other side in place of Neal. All this from a guy that in previous years fans were saying 'why is he here'?

Kyle Arrington

Similar to Connolly, Arrington stepped up and performed better than expected when injuries and ineffectiveness of others forced him into a starter role. Another guy that up until then many here didn't even think deserved a spot on the roster.

BJGE

D. Connolly

Both delivered when they had to and neither was really expected to.

With BGJE, what we saw last year is what we're going to get. I would value him as rated (not under or over).

As far as my underrated I would say Love who always looks great out there, Guyton is getting better every year, Arrington even though he started a bunch of games, and my out of the blue prediction is Ochocinco who hasn't shown anything in the preseason but is primed for a good year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes