PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots play-off hopes get slimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jets will have about 3 minutes to decide their playoff destiny. I am looking for Favre to hang one...

Even a 10-10 tie helps us vs the Jets

Even a 10-10 tie helps us vs the Jets

Great point...but I am still hoping for Favre to hang one. It'll be a wonderful footnote to an otherwise disappointing season in the Jersey swampland.

That FG pretty much seals it.

It's much more simple now for next week. We need a win and one of the following:

Jets win OR Jags win

That FG pretty much seals it.

It's much more simple now for next week. We need a win and one of the following:

Jets win OR Jags win

If Pats lose, they are out…
If Pats win and Miami loses, Pats are division champs and #3 seed
If Pats win and Balt loses, Pats are wild card #6

Well ... the fat lady can now take a seat ... thanks Seahawks!!!

Thanks Mike Holmgren.

I think even after the Jets lose, I think the Pats' playoff chances got worse. Now we gotta put the Pats' faith in Mangini and Favre. I don't like the odds.

I think even after the Jets lose, I think the Pats' playoff chances got worse. Now we gotta put the Pats' faith in Mangini and Favre. I don't like the odds.

They definitely didn't get worse. I don't see how it got any worse. Now either a dolphins or ravens loss with a Pats win gets us in. If the Jets hadn't lost they would be playoff contenders.

Last edited:

It's better than nothing. Last week the Ravens lost, this week the Jets lost. Miami hasn't looked great in their wins against a few bad teams and play the Jets next week, who ARE struggling but still the best team they've played in a while. Slowly, we are getting closer...

They definitely didn't get worse. I don't see how it got any worse. Now either a dolphins or jaguars loss with a Pats win gets us in. If the Jets hadn't lost they would be playoff contenders.

I was exaggerating. But I think the likelihood of them beating the Dolphins got that much worse. I think if they at least showed some life against the Seahawks, I thought there was a slight chance they would beat the Dolphins. Now I don't even know if I trust them to even give the Dolphins a good game. I expect them to lay down and die a painful death for the Pats.

I was exaggerating. But I think the likelihood of them beating the Dolphins got that much worse. I think if they at least showed some life against the Seahawks, I thought there was a slight chance they would beat the Dolphins. Now I don't even know if I trust them to even give the Dolphins a good game. I expect them to lay down and die a painful death for the Pats.

I think Mangini is worried about keeping his job. Losing on purpose is not going to be his gameplan.

It's also possible for the Ravens to lose. It's not like they are a juggernaut or something.

Isn't in the best interests of the Jests to play the Miami game as if the pats are going to lose to Buf?

the best part about the scenario of the Patriots and Jets winning next week is that the Patriots would win the AFC East at 11-5, the Colts and Ravens would be Wild Cards (assuming Baltimore beats Jax) and both the Jets and Dolphins would be OUT!!!!!!!!!

Remember BB's mantra is that each week is a different week. It matters not how you played last week.

That said, Jets franchise culture is to fold in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey