PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots play-off hopes get slimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had so much bad luck from the other games, I expect payback in the form of a Jets-Phins tie. ;)

You know....all these "I can't believe none of these OTHER teams are helping us out here" posts are getting old. If the Pats did what they were supposed to in several key games....they would control their own destiny. But lets be honest, this is a team that was not expected to go ANYWHERE when Brady went down. But, they have done a TREMENDOUS job pulling it all together and proving alot of these a-holes wrong. The sad thing is, they will most likely not make it into postseason despite really playing their a##es off. If the Jests lose....I will feel alot better.....but Seattle is pretty awful.

Last edited:
You know....all these "I can't believe none of these OTHER teams are helping us out here" posts are getting old. If the Pats did what they were supposed to in several key games....they would control their own destiny. But lets be honest, this is a team that was not expected to go ANYWHERE when Brady went down. But, they have done a TREMENDOUS job pulling it all together and proving alot of these a-holes wrong. The sad thing is, they will most likely not make it into postseason despite really playing their a##es off. If the Jests lose....I will feel alot better.....but Seattle is pretty awful.

Sure we screwed the pooch a few times earlier this year, made our own bed, yada yada. But if we go 11-5, it's not too much to ask for just a little bit of help or luck. Teams regularly get help down the stretch in order to get into the playoffs. always been that way.

This has been an amazing year all the same and I've never been prouder of the Pats.

i believe youre wrong da bruinz

Last edited:
if we win next week

(1) if baltimore loses, we are in
(2) if jets lose to seattle, and jets beat miami, we are in....i dont know any other scenario

i dont believe there is another team since the realignment that woudl have gone 11-5 and missed the playoffs

doh.. That's what i get for staying up until 3:30 wrapping presents and then waking up at 7 cause the cat was hungry.... .

Thank you for pointing this out to me...

I can't friggin believe i might have to root for the jets...

hey! Don't blame the cat dude!!!!

if we win next week

(2) if jets lose to seattle, and jets beat miami, we are in....i dont know any other scenario

Has everyone on this board gone to the Donovan McNabb school of football?

even if the Jets win this week, if we beat the jills and the rats and fish tie we win the division.

if we win next week

that is the only way, if the jets win, then the only way balt loses, pats win we are in...

even if the Jets win this week, if we beat the jills and the rats and fish tie we win the division.

That is the least likely and almost impossible scenario to happen though.

END OF THIRD QUARTER>....Ive just realised that its the 3rd 1/4 and not the half, Im a complete plonker

Buffalo about to take the lead on Denver. Who'd have thought that right now the Chargers playoff hopes would look better than ours :mad:

i dont count ties because they happen once every 7 years and we already had a tie. if you are counting on a tie you are on crack cocaine

Why is it, on 3rd downs i seem to always hear mel gibson in braveheart.............."HOLD........HOOOLD"

So, theoretically, there could be 2 8-8 teams (SD and Zona) in the playoffs, and one 11-5 team at sitting at home?

Ridiculous.

So, theoretically, there could be 2 8-8 teams (SD and Zona) in the playoffs, and one 11-5 team at sitting at home?

Ridiculous.

Damn NFL. I still don't understand American sports sometimes, as much as I love them now.

i dont count ties because they happen once every 7 years and we already had a tie. if you are counting on a tie you are on crack cocaine

Counting on no. But I would have no problem rooting for one.

The are only 2 ways for the Pats to make the play-offs now.

1) The Jets lose out AND Baltimore loses. The Pats would enter as the Wild-Card

2) The Jets lose this week, beat Miami next week and Baltimore loses. The Pats would enter as the Wild Card.

That's the only way I can see the Pats making the play-offs because they don't have the tie-breakers.

If anyone has corrections, please don't hesitate to post it because I could use some good news.

None of that is correct. You just confused Patriot Nation. Your posting rights are hereby rescinded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes