PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots place safety Adrian Wilson on season ending IR

Kelly says hi.

The Patriots typically target one or two significant players each offseason. Last year it was Fanene and this year Wilson. There were lots of good players on the market at the time of both signings. Very disappointing. With the exception of the one year leases on Andre Carter and Mark Anderson, the Patriots have come up short the FA market for quite awhile now.

The Patriots typically target one or two significant players each offseason. Last year it was Fanene and this year Wilson. There were lots of good players on the market at the time of both signings. Very disappointing. With the exception of the one year leases on Andre Carter and Mark Anderson, the Patriots have come up short the FA market for quite awhile now.
Wilson was not a significant target this past offseason. Amendola and Kelly were, and Talib and Vollmer were significant re-signings. Heck, re-signing Arrington was more significant than signing Wilson.

I view the signings of Svitek, Washington and Blount to similar in importance to the signing of A Wilson. They were key signings to replace the losses of Thomas and Woodhead. A Wilson was hoped for competition for Gregory and T Wilson.

Many viewed Wilson as a key signing. We were warned by our very own DI not to expect much, and certainly not to expect much in pass coverage. There was a disconnect from the beginning in that folks were looking for him to step in as a coverage linebacker. People finally convinced me.

The bottom line is that we should not be surprised when half or more of these resurrection projects fail. That's fine. They are worth the effort. Svitek, Washington and Blount made the team, so we are running at 75% so far. If 2 of them contribute this year, then I would say that we did about average in the four reclamation efforts.

Wilson was not a significant target this past offseason. Amendola and Kelly were, and Talib and Vollmer were significant re-signings. Heck, re-signing Arrington was more significant than signing Wilson.

Time to make a move for Byrd.

Another year...another weak secondary....when will this nonsense end?

when Brady retires with BB and we get a GM that drafts Revis's instead of Brady's.

Top 4 out of 5 guys in the secondary are high quality. How is that a weak secondary again?

meh, FAs don't cost anything but Bob's money. Not sure why you feel so invested in this, unless you're Bob and this is your passive aggressive way of venting.
lol hes invested because he hoped wilson would make the team better. hes invested because hes a patriots fan lmao hello:rolleyes:

Hindsight bias strikes again, theoretically speaking we do not know that Adrian Wilson did not serve his purpose on this team thus far, and will continue to as the season moves forward. Adrian Wilson is regarded as a very intelligent player, who has had a hall of fame career, so having him here to mentor Tavon Wilson, Duron Harmon, Devin McCourty, and Nate Ebner likely contributes more value than anything that could be registered on espn.com. Belichick made a similar move last season bringing in a veteran CB who had been regarded as high character and high intelligence with the Will Allen signing, he spent the entire year on injured reserve much like Wilson will do, but based on the developments of our CB’s as the season progressed I have to assume he served a purpose.

There is much more to building and developing a roster than the 46 players who dress on game day, development is essential and that development needs to be ongoing.

Wow, that's terrific. Regardless of what you thought about AW, we get another year of the Gregory and Tavon show :bricks:

McCourty is starting and it will be Wilson or Harmon beside him. Camp reports on Harmon have been great and he may well end up winning the job.

Hindsight bias strikes again...

People were cautioning about this signing long before hindsight became an issue. The hindsight defense is probably the lamest defense going aroung here, with the possible exception of the standard appeal to authority.

My thoughts of this signing was that we would use him in the box and maybe take out Spikes when we put him in on obvious passing downs. Playing a bit like a linebacker on obvious passing downs, so we get a better coverage guy in than Spikes for instant. I don't think that it will be a big loss for us, as I never really projected him to do much. He isn't young and he has lost speed. Spikes sais that he has trained up his speed this off season, so hopefully he can cover better this year and we won't give up as much in the middle.

Spikes sais that he has trained up his speed this off season, so hopefully he can cover better this year and we won't give up as much in the middle.
Spikes still blows in coverage despite his offseason "speed" training.

People were cautioning about this signing long before hindsight became an issue. The hindsight defense is probably the lamest defense going aroung here, with the possible exception of the standard appeal to authority.

DI no hard feelings or disrespect intending because as you know I have the highest level of respect for you as a poster, but if you are saying that you see merit in a person making a statement suggesting they’d of done something else after the decision that was made has already been concluded, I have to disagree unless the person making the statement is able to show or make reference to something that proves that was in fact their belief at the time.

An example would be the poster saying – on this day and time I said this was a bad idea and we should of went with player A instead. This didn’t really come up, take a look at the signing thread, I will give you credit in that you’ve made an accurate assessment back at the time, but many others in here acting as if they wanted something other than Adrian Wilson, or they weren’t excited about the signing at the time aren’t painting an accurate portrait of events. That in my eyes is flip flopping and fair weathered, and although it is not an argument those are 2 of the weakest attributes a person can possess.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/1014907-adrian-wilson-signed.html

DI no hard feelings or disrespect intending because as you know I have the highest level of respect for you as a poster, but if you are saying that you see merit in a person making a statement suggesting they’d of done something else after the decision that was made has already been concluded, I have to disagree unless the person making the statement is able to show or make reference to something that proves that was in fact their belief at the time.

An example would be the poster saying – on this day and time I said this was a bad idea and we should of went with player A instead. This didn’t really come up, take a look at the signing thread, I will give you credit in that you’ve made an accurate assessment back at the time, but many others in here acting as if they wanted something other than Adrian Wilson, or they weren’t excited about the signing at the time aren’t painting an accurate portrait of events. That in my eyes is flip flopping and fair weathered, and although it is not an argument those are 2 of the weakest attributes a person can possess.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/1014907-adrian-wilson-signed.html

A hindsight argument has no merit, unless you can prove that the person you are claiming it for was, in fact, in favor of the signing earlier on. In this particular case, the hindsight argument doesn't apply at all. Even if Ice_Ice_Brady was in 100% agreement with the Wilson signing up until the moment he was cut, the hindsight argument wouldn't apply to what he posted here.

Re: Re: Patriots place safety Adrian Wilson on season ending IR

A hindsight argument has no merit, unless you can prove that the person you are claiming it for was, in fact, in favor of the signing earlier on. In this particular case, the hindsight argument doesn't apply at all. Even if Ice_Ice_Brady was in 100% agreement with the Wilson signing up until the moment he was cut, the hindsight argument wouldn't apply to what he posted here.

Like I said no hard feelings DI but I think we should probably just agree to disagree on this matter.

Can they undo this until a certain date or it's a definitive move?

Hope Harmon's ready to step in as a rookie.

Harmon's our #4 safety. The #4 safety doesn't have to play any reps at safety unless there is an injury.

I guess we're hoping that Harmon will move past T Wilson. It's possible. I think it more likely that the 3rd safety just won't play much.

Hope Harmon's ready to step in as a rookie.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back