PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots place Jeff Demps on Injured Reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap, who's gonna return kicks. Don't tell me another year of Edelman/Woodhead back there :bricks:

Why sign Demps if you're just going to IR the kid? This whole "stashing" would maybe make a bit of sense if anyone here could point to a single example where it's ever worked (a player went on to succeed after being IRed before his rookie regular season).

The last thing Demps needs is more time away from organized football. If we end up keeping someone like Rivera at his expense, that's just going to be dumb.

He has to be more injured than we know. Otherwise, yes, it makes absolutely no sense. But, then again, neither did cutting Branch...

if what you say is true, then why even open your big mouth to tell me what and what not to post?

more of your scumbag ageist bigotry???...feel free to F O & D...

Take your meds.

if what you say is true, then why even open your big mouth to tell me what and what not to post?

more of your scumbag ageist bigotry???...feel free to F O & D...

Might want to get your prescriptions checked - looks like the current dosage just isn't cutting it.

Last edited:
Probably the same reason they claimed Ballard just to IR him.

Not really comparable. Ballard was pretty much already IRed when they signed him. IRing him wasn't a choice - it was the reality of his pre-existing injury. Demps was healthy when they got him, and if it's true that he wasn't seriously injured in preseason game #4, then there's very little upside to IRing him, and a fair amount of downside in that you're significantly reducing the odds that he'll ever be a real contributor for the Patriots.

Of course you openly lie...and I have NEVER taken an unsolicited swipe at you..it has ALWAYS been you ,with your bigoted views about older posters, that has posted vicious hate filled posts directly aimed at me. I HAVE the post you wrote in the "Ref" archived..it is CLASSIC ageism...you are ignorant of YOUR own failings...feel free to use the ignore function if that will stop your unwarranted flaming of my posts.

BTW..you may have edited your post but I archived it as it stood a few minutes ago...pretty insane huh, bigot??

Last edited:
Re: Demps to IR

ouchh...:bricks:

Of course you openly lie...and I have NEVER taken an unsolicited swipe at you..it has ALWAYS been you ,with your bigoted views about older posters, that has posted vicious hate filled posts directly aimed at me. I HAVE the post you wrote in the "Ref" archived..it is CLASSIC ageism...you are ignorant of YOUR own failings...feel free to use the ignore function if that will stop your unwarranted flaming of my posts.

BTW..you may have edited your post but I archived it as it stood a few minutes ago...pretty insane huh, bigot??

Yes, I stand by my characterization of you as insane. Posts like this really aren't helping your case. And I doubt you were any saner thirty years ago, so age has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
Re: Demps to IR

So this means Demps injury was serious/season ending? Dang, would have loved to see what he had to offer to boost our return game.

Yes, I stand by my characterization of you as insane. Posts like this really aren't helping your case.

Eh. I don't think he's insane. He'll calm down once Walgreens re-ups on its Xanax supply. Take a chill pill, Joker (no pun intended). We're all Pats fans here. Well, for the most part. Posters like pherein notwithstanding.

Brady FTW-To be clear, at no point in this post did you make anything resembling a rational point. It was a bunch of rambling incoherence by a sexist old man with nothing worthwhile to contribute to this discussion. Then again, this entire thread could pretty much be summed up as that. I'd suggest that you should be ashamed of yourself, but it's pretty clear that you lack the intellect or perspective necessary to understand why that's the case.

By general definition...ageism

The term was coined in 1969 by Robert Neil Butler to describe discrimination against seniors, and patterned on sexism and racism. Butler defined ageism as a combination of three connected elements. Among them were prejudicial attitudes towards older people, old age, and the aging process; discriminatory practices against older people; and institutional practices and policies that perpetuate stereotypes about older people

You are a classic ageist bigot...period. Feel free to "intelligently" navigate your way to your user profile and put me on ignore. That will spare you my senile ramblings and, as a result, spare me the unsolicited insults and assaults of some Orange County wingnut.

Though I dont have any official information on it I kind of wonder if he had a preseason split only in his salary meaning he had to go on IR before the 53 man is official to keep the Pats from paying his entire 390K salary for the season. That would make some sense as to why they did the move so quickly. I tweeted Bedard about it so well see if he gets any dirt on that idea.

Brady FTW-To be clear, at no point in this post did you make anything resembling a rational point. It was a bunch of rambling incoherence by a sexist old man with nothing worthwhile to contribute to this discussion. Then again, this entire thread could pretty much be summed up as that. I'd suggest that you should be ashamed of yourself, but it's pretty clear that you lack the intellect or perspective necessary to understand why that's the case.

By general definition...ageism

The term was coined in 1969 by Robert Neil Butler to describe discrimination against seniors, and patterned on sexism and racism. Butler defined ageism as a combination of three connected elements. Among them were prejudicial attitudes towards older people, old age, and the aging process; discriminatory practices against older people; and institutional practices and policies that perpetuate stereotypes about older people

You are a classic ageist bigot...period. Feel free to "intelligently" navigate your way to your user profile and put me on ignore. That will spare you my senile ramblings and, as a result, spare me the unsolicited insults and assaults of some Orange County wingnut.

You're crying over being the victim of imagined prejudice based on a thread where you claimed women were biologically incapable of officiating? It's really a shame that you lack the capacity to understand what irony is.

Last edited:
straw man, bigot....BTW do you or do you not understand plain English?...use the ignore function and end this snotty little punk exercise in futility you began tonight...

Not sure of the back and forth going on, but Joker, since I joined this forum, not once I have understood a single post of yours.
Not my fight, don't know any insults hurled before my post, but if it is about someone not understanding Joker's post, then I am with that person.

THAT I can understand, Vuudu....
053.gif

THAT I can understand, Vuudu....
053.gif

Take it back, this I can understand, but is the jokes, they are just over my head. Probably because English is not my first language.

Not sure of the back and forth going on, but Joker, since I joined this forum, not once I have understood a single post of yours.
Not my fight, don't know any insults hurled before my post, but if it is about someone not understanding Joker's post, then I am with that person.

.......I would guess it's futile,then,to explain "schtick" or Lenny Bruce to you:wha:

.......I would guess it's futile,then,to explain "schtick" or Lenny Bruce to you:wha:

There is actually a format or reason to his posts? lol No offense Joker.

no offense taken ,Vuudu...I would try to explain half the jokes I make during a day but they're so bad that, in the end , you'd only be more confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes