PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

pheenix11

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
This is just my perception and maybe I'm crazy but doesn't it seem like there is a pattern to Patriots games? I'm talking going back all the way through this dynasty.

They always seems to start strong, finish the last couple minutes of the 2nd quarter strong and finish the game strong. But there is always a lull either in the middle of the second quarter or beginning of the 3rd quarter or both.

A few examples that come to mind are the Superbowl vs Carolina, last years Championship game, even today's game was another example. We always seem to jump out ahead and then other team catches up and then we pull away again.

I know this is some nitpicking crap but what causes the lulls where the Pats let the other team get back in it? They always seem to recover but geezus they give me a heart attack half the time. This mostly seems to be more of a defensive thing as well. Its like at times the whole defense forgets how to tackle.

Is that defense that we see during the lulls what we would have without Belichick? Another words is that when the other team is throwing a new wrinkle at us and the time we pull away again is Belichick coaching in a response to that wrinkle?

Does anyone else feel what I'm talking about?

Yes, but I have no clue as to the answer.

The obvious guess is adjustments. The other team adjusts to what the Patriots are doing. Until the Pats adjust to the adjustments, they don't have a scheme advantage.

That, and Brady used to get ****y with big leads, and throw a lot of Q3 INTs.

It looks to me like we don't have much of a pass rush in the first half and in the second half we start blitzing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes