PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots "Path to Perfection" special on NFL Network [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Path to perfection

Holy crap! There are smart Patriots fans out there.Kudos and and thanks for some humility!

Holy crap! there are good jets players out there....oh wait, nevermind.

Holy crap! there are good jets players out there....oh wait, nevermind.

===================================

So you don't think much of Hobson?:singing:

No Hobson is a Patriot now so God looked down on him and said "Thou shalt be good now"

I like how you come on this thread, on this board and think you're funny talking sh*t. I guess we are entertianed by watching a special on our team winning 16 games in a regular season, and you have nothing else to entertain you. Lets be honest, there isnt going to be a program on NFLN called "how to suck...the story of the New York Jets" anytime soon, or "Path to pathetic"

Your team won 4 games last season...do you get that? 4!

I like how you come on this thread, on this board and think you're funny talking sh*t. I guess we are entertianed by watching a special on our team winning 16 games in a regular season, and you have nothing else to entertain you. Lets be honest, there isnt going to be a program on NFLN called "how to suck...the story of the New York Jets" anytime soon, or "Path to pathetic"

==================================

Thats actualy prety good. LOL:disagreement:

Last edited:

I watched bits and pieces of this when it was on and will re-watch the entire thing in the near future. I enjoyed what I saw so far and am glad the NFLN produced something like this. It showed what a great ride the regular season was last year and, more than anything, made me wish the '08 season was starting next week.

Some perspective on the "imperfect" season:
If the Patriots had lost to, say, Baltimore, and then lost the SB to finish 17-2, New England fans would still be depressed about not winning another title. In addition to being down about that and hearing about it from other fans, we'd also have to hear "You couldn't go 16-0, either."

At some point in the future, the players, coaches, and front office personnel that make this team special are going to move on and the Patriots will slide back towards mediocrity. Right now, they are among the best in the league, so let's enjoy their accomplishments as much as possible.

Should be titled... 'Path To Destruction' - Thats the perfect title for the Pats 2007 campaign :cool:

ouch man:(

I can't watch it, because I know how it ends. :)

Your team lost 1 game last season...do you get that? 1!

The 1 game they lost is one your JETS haven't sniffed in 40 years...do you get that? 40 freakin' years...:rofl:

PATRIOT64 said:
Should be titled... 'Path To Destruction' - Thats the perfect title for the Pats 2007 campaign

No, apparently you don't know what destruction is...they are saving that title for a decade long retrospective on the Miami Dolphins...and the misery that permeates rest of the AFCE in the shadow of a dynasty...;)

I wish I never watched it. Don't get me wrong, I loved that team and will again follow the Pats closely this season. I'll even be wearing my AFC Champions t-shirt which I bought for $4.97 at ****s Sports... but watching the 1 hour Path to Perfection (ultimately it was really the path to imperfection) special only to know how miserably it ended just kills me. The Celtics and Red Sox championships don't ease my pain. The G-Men were 10-6 going into the playoffs. The Giants played a great game but I think our team choked a bit. Clearly the Giants learned from the Eagles and Ravens games. I know the Pats weren't as dominating towards the end of the season and probably shouldn't have been favored by double-digits. Nonetheless, I think if the Pats brought their A-Game and if they genuinely wanted it, they ought to win this. The team collapsed, the coaching was questionable, our weak secondary was exposed... we choked on the biggest stage of all.[/QUOTE

You could call it choke, but in the end the Giant's D wanted it more and Eli had a giant rabbit's foot shoved so far up his arse he probably had to get it surgically removed.

You could call it choke, but in the end the Giant's D wanted it more and Eli had a giant rabbit's foot shoved so far up his arse he probably had to get it surgically removed.

Dude, no disrespect, but you're wrong.

Eli is taking loads of anti-rejection drugs to keep it in there.

Re: Patriots special on NFL Network this Sunday Night

Guys, it was a special on the regular season, just enjoy it for what it is. Or you can go hang yourself over it, your choice.

Guys, it was a special on the regular season, just enjoy it for what it is. Or you can go hang yourself over it, your choice.

truth of the matter is that our D was not as tough as it was in the past. our cornerbacks were soft and we really didn't cause as many turnovers as we used to. our 2004 team was the best patriots team ever and would have beaten the 2007 team.

I wish I never watched it. Don't get me wrong, I loved that team and will again follow the Pats closely this season. I'll even be wearing my AFC Champions t-shirt which I bought for $4.97 at ****s Sports... but watching the 1 hour Path to Perfection (ultimately it was really the path to imperfection) special only to know how miserably it ended just kills me. The Celtics and Red Sox championships don't ease my pain. The G-Men were 10-6 going into the playoffs. The Giants played a great game but I think our team choked a bit. Clearly the Giants learned from the Eagles and Ravens games. I know the Pats weren't as dominating towards the end of the season and probably shouldn't have been favored by double-digits. Nonetheless, I think if the Pats brought their A-Game and if they genuinely wanted it, they ought to win this. The team collapsed, the coaching was questionable, our weak secondary was exposed... we choked on the biggest stage of all.

plus an insider in the patriots organization said that the brady ankle injury was far worse than they let on. it was not a mild ankle sprain. it was actually a high ankle sprain - the kind that it takes 2 months to heal. i believe it since i saw brady limping around in a TMZ video taken two months after the super bowl. that's why he probably chose not to play in the pro bowl either. they said brady had trouble throwing the deep ball against the giants. one or two more key completions and we would have won.

I look at it this way:

1. Did we achieve the overall goal? No. That sucks and still hurts in my gut. But I'm not exactly holding my breath to watch every replay of XLII. I'll give the NYG their credit and move on.

2. Did I get fulfillment and enjoyment out of last season? Absolutely. On a week-to-week basis, I think up until 2-3 I enjoyed last season more than any season in any sport ever. The closest being the 97 (12-0) Michigan team. Each week I tuned in and watched a win. As the wins kept building, the spotlight got bigger and the boys produced and did so in a way that was greater than even my wildest imaginations. 50 TD passes? 23 TD receptions? Most prolific offense ever, only a year after Caldwell-Gabriel-midseason Gaffney, etc. So, I can watch those games again and remember how I felt during each of them. I remember watching us hang 50 on Washington and that feeling of awe. I remember sitting in the stands that Monday night in Baltimore and somehow pulling a diamond out of what I thought was going to be a pile of ****; leaving and RavenFan wanting to fight. I remember sitting in the stands at Gillette with tears in my eyes as we ran 9 minutes off the clock to beat San Diego and win the AFC. Watching that game again doesn't disappoint me. It makes me happy. I remember the 6 am flight back to MI the next morning, a huge grin on my face as I made it into work knowing that the 9 hours ahead of me were all worth being so tired.

The 2007 season wasn't a championship season. But it's one to be remembered in a different way.

I look at it this way:

1. Did we achieve the overall goal? No. That sucks and still hurts in my gut. But I'm not exactly holding my breath to watch every replay of XLII. I'll give the NYG their credit and move on.

2. Did I get fulfillment and enjoyment out of last season? Absolutely. On a week-to-week basis, I think up until 2-3 I enjoyed last season more than any season in any sport ever. The closest being the 97 (12-0) Michigan team. Each week I tuned in and watched a win. As the wins kept building, the spotlight got bigger and the boys produced and did so in a way that was greater than even my wildest imaginations. 50 TD passes? 23 TD receptions? Most prolific offense ever, only a year after Caldwell-Gabriel-midseason Gaffney, etc. So, I can watch those games again and remember how I felt during each of them. I remember watching us hang 50 on Washington and that feeling of awe. I remember sitting in the stands that Monday night in Baltimore and somehow pulling a diamond out of what I thought was going to be a pile of ****; leaving and RavenFan wanting to fight. I remember sitting in the stands at Gillette with tears in my eyes as we ran 9 minutes off the clock to beat San Diego and win the AFC. Watching that game again doesn't disappoint me. It makes me happy. I remember the 6 am flight back to MI the next morning, a huge grin on my face as I made it into work knowing that the 9 hours ahead of me were all worth being so tired.

The 2007 season wasn't a championship season. But it's one to be remembered in a different way.

I look at it this way:

1. Did we achieve the overall goal? No. Our ship, the Titanic, hit an iceberg. Pain and screaming everywhere.

2. Did I get fulfillment and enjoyment out of the first part of the cruise? Absolutely. The sea was smooth and the accommodations were excellent. Smiling people everywhere.

Yet, somehow hitting that GIANT iceberg took the fun out of it all.

I look at it this way:

1. Did we achieve the overall goal? No. Our ship, the Titanic, hit an iceberg. Pain and screaming everywhere.

2. Did I get fulfillment and enjoyment out of the first part of the cruise? Absolutely. The sea was smooth and the accommodations were excellent. Smiling people everywhere.

Yet, somehow hitting that GIANT iceberg took the fun out of it all.

Rabthepat: Why do you use the word "we", when you used to use the word "you" in your earlier posts when you referred to the Pats? Perhaps nobody paid attention to your earlier comments, so now you figure you'll pose as a Pats fan and bash the team some more in order to get some attention? Why are you so obsessed, that you feel it is necessary to pretend to be a Pats fan and find a way to toss this swill? Is it because you are jealous and envious, or is it because nobody has anything intelligent to say on your own team's fan site?

Rabthe pat, Bill Polian, Arlen Specter, or whoever you are - give it up, and go away.

Last edited:

Spoiled whiny fans (which we all are): "Superbowl or bust".

It was still a kickass season, and the sour taste of the superbowl shouldn't detract from the consolation of having a perfect season, because, in reality, that is harder than winning a superbowl.

You are so right here......We (myself included) get so LOST in the fact that this team LOST the SB in the final seconds of the game and how horrific and painful that letdown was........and it was and forever will be PAINFUL....and erasable.

However, that having been said.....Look at how awesome and incredible....and legendary last years team was.......set records for QB TD passes, and TD's by a WR......I think Welk actually set a SB record or something for receptions.....First team to go 16-0 in a regular season.....Tied the shameful 72 doofins with 17 wins in a row during a season.....and then BEAT the old fogies mark....by winning their 18th game in a row during a season....these are records that may never be broken or not for a long time......This team was absolutely amazing.....and gave us all such incredible memories........We beat the crap out of most of the teams we placed.....had a few hiccups against Balt etc.....but overall ...one of the most DOMINATING teams in NFL history offensively.......And all we remember.....is gomer....who WAS in the grasp.....heaving a hail mary......to a guy who trapped the ball on his helmet.......and then the last play to a wide open Burress to seal our fate.....Again, I will never get over that loss.....but I am NEVER going to forget how incredible, special and legendary last year was either.......Now let's get er' done this year boys....GO PATS!!!

You are so right here......We (myself included) get so LOST in the fact that this team LOST the SB in the final seconds of the game and how horrific and painful that letdown was........and it was and forever will be PAINFUL....and erasable.

However, that having been said.....Look at how awesome and incredible....and legendary last years team was.......set records for QB TD passes, and TD's by a WR......I think Welk actually set a SB record or something for receptions.....First team to go 16-0 in a regular season.....Tied the shameful 72 doofins with 17 wins in a row during a season.....and then BEAT the old fogies mark....by winning their 18th game in a row during a season....these are records that may never be broken or not for a long time......This team was absolutely amazing.....and gave us all such incredible memories........We beat the crap out of most of the teams we placed.....had a few hiccups against Balt etc.....but overall ...one of the most DOMINATING teams in NFL history offensively.......And all we remember.....is gomer....who WAS in the grasp.....heaving a hail mary......to a guy who trapped the ball on his helmet.......and then the last play to a wide open Burress to seal our fate.....Again, I will never get over that loss.....but I am NEVER going to forget how incredible, special and legendary last year was either.......Now let's get er' done this year boys....GO PATS!!!

Very nice reply sir!!

GO PATS...

EMBRACE THE HATE IN 08!!

:singing::singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back