PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pass Rush Looked Good Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's encouraging I suppose even though we haven't even played a preseason game yet. Last year the biggest issue with the pass rush is the fact it failed on us when it mattered most. We failed to get Peyton's jersey the littlest dirty in the AFCCG last year. We saw what Seattle did in the SB last year, it's time we start beating the living **** outta Manning in those big games.

We'll get a taste soon (though I wouldn't put too much into it as, you know it will be vanilla and not scheme specific. Still, will be good to see individual battles.

Also, set your DVRs (for those of us not in the viewing area) for the replay on Friday at 4pm EST.

It's encouraging I suppose even though we haven't even played a preseason game yet. Last year the biggest issue with the pass rush is the fact it failed on us when it mattered most. We failed to get Peyton's jersey the littlest dirty in the AFCCG last year. We saw what Seattle did in the SB last year, it's time we start beating the living **** outta Manning in those big games.
That's because the Pats were only using two guys to bookend the DL. It seems that they have realized that they need an actual rotation now and worked to build it. I'm a little iffy on Will Smith. He looked done before he went down with injury. But I have high hopes for Buchanan on top of hoping that they try Hightower at DE more often this season. Easley can also play a bit of DE too.

That's because the Pats were only using two guys to bookend the DL. It seems that they have realized that they need an actual rotation now and worked to build it. I'm a little iffy on Will Smith. He looked done before he went down with injury. But I have high hopes for Buchanan on top of hoping that they try Hightower at DE more often this season. Easley can also play a bit of DE too.

I agree, and I really hope that Easley will be able to be a big factor by the end of the regular season. In addition, it's safe to assume that the improved secondary will also allow the pass rush to be better as well.

I agree, and I really hope that Easley will be able to be a big factor by the end of the regular season. In addition, it's safe to assume that the improved secondary will also allow the pass rush to be better as well.

Or perhaps the improved secondary is wondering why someone would SHOOT a man before throwing him out of an airplane!

Sorry. That's the last Bane reference I'll throw your way.

Or perhaps the improved secondary is wondering why someone would SHOOT a man before throwing him out of an airplane!

Sorry. That's the last Bane reference I'll throw your way.

No need to apologize, this summer has been the summer of Baneposting. And I might as well engage in it at least once.

Peyton Manning: If I throw to that receiver, will he drop the ball?

Brandon Browner: It would be extremely painful.

Peyton Manning: You're a big guy

Brandon Browner: FOR YOU.

Peyton: Was jamming my receiver at the line part of your plan?

Brandon: OF COURSH!

Peyton: Well congratulations! You jammed my receiver! What's the next of step of your master plan?

Brandon: Putting your best target on Revis island. WITH NO SURVIVORS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes