PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots OL- Racial Makeup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wont even get into the fact that BB and Pioli have only worked for white owners.

True, but they've worked for Jewish owners and we've only had one Jewish player that I'm aware of. :eek:

Would it be safe to say that BB/Pioli prefer black/African American defensive lineman?
Coincidence? I think not? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I do not believe that it is by design. It is just the way it is,

It's pretty simple, actually.

1. At positions where speed, quickness, and/or leaping ability are important, blacks are and should be hugely over-represented compared to their ratio in the population. E.g., DBs and WRs should be and are overwhelmingly black.

At positions were those things and also strength are important, blacks should be somewhat over-represented. E.g., a lot of LBs should be black.

At positions where strength, brains and/or aim are most important, blacks and whites should be represented in line with their share of the population. E.g., OL, QBs, and kickers in the league should be mainly white.

In fact, judging by the "World's Strongest Man" competitions I occasionally see in ESPN, and also Olympic field and weight-lifting events, it's possible that blacks deserve to be UNDERREPRESENTED at the pinnacles of pure "strength" sports, just as they are overrepresented in speed events.

2. The Pats value strength and brains more than other teams. So they have to sacrifice something. What they sacrifice is a bit of speed. So it makes sense for the Pats to be somewhat whiter than other teams.

The rest is surely just coincidence. After all, Rohan Davey is the highest draft pick they've ever selected at QB. He just didn't happen to work out.

I realize this may be a delicate topic,so I ask it with caution and with no malice intended. Would it be safe to say that BB/Pioli prefer white offensive lineman? Of the 12 OL on the roster,11 are white. The five starters plus at least the first 3 off the bench,( I'm not sure where Yates falls on the depth chart.) Can this possibly be a coincidence? I don't know, but I guess it happens no where else in the NFL. I was shocked to see the #'s. I expect to get flamed, but what other explanation can there be? Hoping for some serious feedback.

This is actually the dumbest idea of a thread ever written. Talk about looking to deep into things. All this is going to do is cause some kind of racial tention. It is all coincidence and to even look at something like that has me mind blown. I never even noticed anything about that, and wonder how you even did. This thread is :(

I'm not even going to get into this one. Silly.

Would it be safe to say that BB/Pioli prefer black/African American defensive lineman?
Coincidence? I think not? :rolleyes:

I guess we can dispell this myth that we might draft Adam Carriker then.

It's pretty simple, actually.

1. At positions where speed, quickness, and/or leaping ability are important, blacks are and should be hugely over-represented compared to their ratio in the population. E.g., DBs and WRs should be and are overwhelmingly black.

At positions were those things and also strength are important, blacks should be somewhat over-represented. E.g., a lot of LBs should be black.

At positions where strength, brains and/or aim are most important, blacks and whites should be represented in line with their share of the population. E.g., OL, QBs, and kickers in the league should be mainly white.

This is so racist.....

This whole thread is bogus. Because Tom Brady is white and we cut Rohan Davey does that mean we prefer white quarterbacks? They're not even looking at the color of people's skin, they are looking at playing ability.

Last edited:
I suspect that the Patriots may indeed prefer portly coaches...

think about it: Weis, RAC, mangini...BB himself is no sylph, and Parcells before him was quite the scale-tipper...

about as relevant.

It is interesting to me that certain races of people seem to excell at some athletic endeavors while others don't. Some of it I can explain. For example, I think I understand why most nordic skiers tend to be nordic in appearance. Some of it I cannot explain. I do not know why the majority of top 20 finishers in marathons tend to be african in appearance. I expect that ultimately the answers to these questions are extremely complicated.

I also wish as a society we could talk about it more. I think talking about it more would ultimately be good, not bad. Contrary to what some of you say, talking about these things in an intellectual, sociological, and scientific way is not racist. Nor is it inherently improper for any of us to discuss the fact that our brothers and sisters on the planet each have different geographic backgrounds and look different from one another. However, people just cannot help themselves, and I agree with those on the board who, accordingly, say that these discussions will always degenerate into the ignorant shouting loudest. Eventually, some drunk moron like Jimmie the Greek starts to pontificate about slave breeding or extra muscles in the calves, and then it all goes to pot. So, cast my vote as hoping the thread gets locked.

I'll bite my tongue and just lock this thread.

Not for anything that's in THIS thread, but because this thread has happened before here, more than once, and just never turns out good. It always gets ugly no matter what, no matter what the original intention, no matter the good behavior and intellectual discussions of the first 50 posts, at some point it goes bad. I wish it wasn't the case in this day and age, but my job is not to police the world, just this forum that makes up a little tiny piece of it.

There's plenty to discuss with regards to football, and more importantly Patriots football, without tempting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back