PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots officially sign Crumpler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only did he weigh 310 at the start of TC last year, but during his last month as a Falcon (Dec. 2007), he was spotted wearing "MV" on his eye-blacks. Not exactly a great judge of character, either. Still, he's the best UFA TE avail., which speaks more to the bone-dry talent pool at that position than it does to his ability to upgrade that position here.

I also have to ass-ume that Crumpler was given a physical during his visit to Foxborough, incl. a Q & A concerning his committment to conditioning. So let's hope that he turns out better than Kyle Brady & Chris Baker. Let's also hope that Bill doesn't use one of our precious 2nd-rounders on another underutilized TE. Instead, he should use one of his 7 6th- & 7th-rounders on a blocking TE of the future, then sign UNH's Scott Sicko as a UDFA.

You've never had a close friend or family member make a mistake before? He's supporting a guy he probably grew close to over the years, that doesn't make him a bad character person.

I don't think I've had a close friend or family member indicted for, then convicted of, operating a 6-year dog-fighting racket, which would hardly be classified as just a mistake. And if I had, I don't think that I would show my support in such a public manner, esp. because it was that very mistake that contributed so greatly to my organization's failure.

This doesn't make Crumpler a bad character person; it just makes him not the greatest judge of character in another person, that's all. I'm still in favor of his signing here.

I too love this signing. Crumpler can still get open on the shorter routes and is an extremely effective blocker. He can help in the run game as well as help against the edge rushers we face every season like Dwight Freeney and Aaron Schobel. Good pick up. Now let's secure a receiving tight end. Here's hoping for Greg Olsen.

Can't agree more with ya, Kon! Greg Olsen would seen to be the perfect compliment here at TE with The Crumplernator officially onboard. Signing Olsen would free up BB look for a sleeper value pick at TE 4th round or later.

Well I gotta say that Alge Crumpler has pretty much escaped my radar over the last couple of years so I don't know what we are getting. I do like what I'm reading here though.

I'm fine with Olsen, but he may cost a 2nd.

Can't agree more with ya, Kon! Greg Olsen would seen to be the perfect compliment here at TE with The Crumplernator officially onboard. Signing Olsen would free up BB look for a sleeper value pick at TE 4th round or later.

I'm fine with Olsen, but he may cost a 2nd.
I'd be reasonably fine with all of the above.

When does the time machine get installed in Foxboro?

When does the time machine get installed in Foxboro?

We need a flux capacitor and some left over Libyan plutonium first.

Last edited:
We need a flux capacitor and some left over Libyan plutonium first.

Nonsense. All we need is a bolt of lightening to hit the lighthouse in the north end zone at precisely 10:04pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes