PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots offering free exchanges on Hernandez jerseys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IANAL, but I know that it's not easy—not impossible, but not easy—to get parody works shut down.

This might be different enough that the Pats can't do anything about it.
They can do the "bastardization" of the cursive "Patriots" font, but the actual use of the logo itself crosses the line.

Notice, though, that it's not exactly the Flying Elvis,
Sure looks like an exact replica to me, except an 81 instead of a star on the hat. As I said in my other post, the cursive "Prisoner" part is fine but the logo I think crosses the line.

Plus let's face it..... if a Patriots/NFL lawyer wrote this guy a cease-and-desist, he'd crap his pants in a heartbeat and take it down. He isn't going to spend thousands to fight it in a court of law so that he can sell a dozen of his cheap knockoffs on eBay.

I love Bob Kraft and the Patriots are a first class organization, but could someone explain to me these claims that this "cost the Patriots $250,000?" Maybe I'm just thinking with an accountants brain, but this was an exchange, ie you had to have already BOUGHT a jersey from the patriots shop or online(same revenue stream) and then could switch it. This wasn't "we're opening the gates anyone can come in and get a free jersey"

I love Bob Kraft and the Patriots are a first class organization, but could someone explain to me these claims that this "cost the Patriots $250,000?" Maybe I'm just thinking with an accountants brain, but this was an exchange, ie you had to have already BOUGHT a jersey from the patriots shop or online(same revenue stream) and then could switch it. This wasn't "we're opening the gates anyone can come in and get a free jersey"

huh?

wait...you THINK the Pats are going to sell the Hernandez jerseys?

you're a CPA???????????????????????????

I'd hate to have YOU amortize MY assets

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes