PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots offering free exchanges on Hernandez jerseys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume the NFL will, if they see that happening after he is convicted, ban the sale of custom Hernandez jerseys.

There is precedent: you (still) can't buy a "#16 Owen" Lions jersey. [OTOH, you *can* buy a Panthers Carruth jersey.]

Pardon my ignorance, but who is Owen 16 of the lions? Also, for anyone who may be in the sporting goods industry what is going to happen to both all the Hernandez jerseys taken from inventory and turned in next week? Will they simply be destroyed? I'd think that's more likely in this day and age than sent off to a 3rd world nation, because someone could simply go and buy em back like with the Super Bowl shirts in 2008

Sorry, I should have been clearer: not to wipe his stats out in the literal sense, but merely to omit his name from lists of top receivers, etc.

I say leave his on-field accomplishments alone. His name will drop down the list over time. His career lasted only three years.

I say leave his on-field accomplishments alone. His name will drop down the list over time. His career lasted only three years.

Yeah - there's a point when the backlash against someone sort of further goes to validate what they've done. "I was such a badass killer that the NFL wiped out my stats."

Better to late him fade into statistical oblivion as players who are capable of not killing their fellow human beings fill the stat books.

Couldn't agree more-removing records or vacating wins is just stupid. It happened-we all saw it happen, and u can't change that

Pretty good line there today ...

http://twitter.com/brian_mcintyre/status/353514438315352064/photo/1

BOfvgjcCIAAIzlf.jpg:large

Last edited:
just got back...got a throwback jones jersey for my trade in. Needed a new jersey and now i got one :rocker:

And in other news, an eBay user named bkrft41 has just created about 1,500 listings of Aaron Hernandez jerseys for sale....

And in other news, an eBay user named bkrft41 has just created about 1,500 listings of Aaron Hernandez jerseys for sale....

that's odd...the same user posted 2500 listings on Craigs List for "sugar daddy seeks 20 something to accompany to acting lessons"....could it be?????

Well his jersey are selling for a much higher price now that the Pats pulled his jersey off their website. Therefore, sellers who have his jersey are rushing to sell them to make some big bucks. Who would have thought that there was still a market for Hernandez's jersey.

This actually is pretty funny (from eBay):

Attachments

• Hernandez prisoner.jpg
    Hernandez prisoner.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 53
that post just spurred a 5000 post frenzy on JI, Tunes...nice

that post just spurred a 5000 post frenzy on JI, Tunes...nice

Heh, let them waste mom's money.

What you want to bet the Patriots shut that T-shirt down for unauthorized bastardization of the logo?

Damn! I had a similar idea, except without the bastardization of the Pats logo.

I understand that Hernandez is a huge topic of discussion right now. But do we really need three different threads just about his JERSEY?

I understand that Hernandez is a huge topic of discussion right now. But do we really need three different threads just about his JERSEY?

this is spot on...after all, we have only ONE thread for the biggest JERSEY of them all...the land of the flea and the home of the knave...

Stanley Matis - New Jersey - YouTube

Heh, let them waste mom's money.

What you want to bet the Patriots shut that T-shirt down for unauthorized bastardization of the logo?

IANAL, but I know that it's not easy—not impossible, but not easy—to get parody works shut down.

This might be different enough that the Pats can't do anything about it.

this is spot on...after all, we have only ONE thread for the biggest JERSEY of them all...the land of the flea and the home of the knave...

Stanley Matis - New Jersey - YouTube

As I was watching that video, I wasn't sure if I should be laughing or be disturbed by it.....especially that he strung it out for 11 minutes.

Now that is entertainment.....:rolleyes:

IANAL, but I know that it's not easy—not impossible, but not easy—to get parody works shut down.

This might be different enough that the Pats can't do anything about it.

The Flying Elvis is a trademarked and copyrighted image. I'd think they could shut him down if they want to.

The Flying Elvis is a trademarked and copyrighted image. I'd think they could shut him down if they want to.

Notice, though, that it's not exactly the Flying Elvis, just as it's not exactly the font used in the Patriots logo. [An essential element of parody, after all, is a certain amount of similarity with the original source material.]

Again, not saying the Pats can't win, just that it's not an automatic slam dunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes