PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots offering free exchanges on Hernandez jerseys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that the Patriots will issue #81 to anyone for a while.

Congratulations on having your number semi-retired, Mr. Francis.

I doubt that the Patriots will issue #81 to anyone for a while.

Congratulations on having your number semi-retired, Mr. Francis.

Really? See, I was actually thinking about this today and thought they would be more likely to issue it to someone else quickly. Maybe not. I don't know.

Really? See, I was actually thinking about this today and thought they would be more likely to issue it to someone else quickly. Maybe not. I don't know.

It won't stay out of circulation long, but I suspect it'll be dormant this year at least.

so i bought a #85 AH jersey at the proshop his rookie year...will they still offer me something? anyone know? Will call next week

Now the Hernandez jersey will basically be a neon sign saying:
I am a thug!

I have a road white 81. I'm keeping it as the stitched in nameplate reads MOSS

jack_sad.gif

This is way premature.Let's at least let the legal process run its course , and we hear from all the sides. If he is subsequently convicted then the team can go ahead and do this. Everyone is acting like its a done deal that he is guilty and has been convicted. I acknowledge that right now it looks like he is the probable killer but no one knows yet what revelations might come . This is a mercenary pr move coming at the cost of prejudicing the public against Hernandez.

This is way premature.Let's at least let the legal process run its course , and we hear from all the sides. If he is subsequently convicted then the team can go ahead and do this. Everyone is acting like its a done deal that he is guilty and has been convicted. I acknowledge that right now it looks like he is the probable killer but no one knows yet what revelations might come . This is a mercenary pr move coming at the cost of prejudicing the public against Hernandez.
You act like the Patriots are going door to door confiscating Hernandez jerseys in order to burn them all at the fifty yard line at the home opener as a display of shame. They're not doing anything to the public's perception of Hernandez except nudging them toward forgetting his connection to the team. And no matter what happens, he's no longer a Patriot, so there will be plenty of people that'd rather have a different jersey. The fans win, the team wins, and Hernandez isn't really affected because the media has done enough to ruin most people's opinion of him.

And to me it feels like they are saying "We understand you have spent a lot of money on this product that is no longer something you might want to wear or want your children to wear. Here is a solution so you can still be proud to wear Patriots jerseys." I mean for some people this might be the only jersey they have and not everyone can just stroll in and afford to drop another 100 bucks on a different one.

It is truly a win-win. As for Hernandez, well, the fact that people think he's guilty? Dude did that all on his own.

Here's what I'm wondering though.....How would they know? I doubt everyone has kept their receipts. Is there some other way to tell?

FWIW, the conditions for the exchange are posted on the link in the OP.

The basic summary is this:

• Only in person, and only at the Pro Shop.
  • Most importantly, it specifically says that it must be a #81 Hernandez jersey.
  • It has to be a Nike or Reebok jersey. No knockoffs.
  • In theory, it has to have been bought directly from the Patriots, but a receipt is NOT required. [The only way they can enforce this is if there is some sort of unique identifier like a style number that differs between direct sales and other sales.
  • You get a jersey of the same/most comparable style (e.g., no trading up).
  • Limited to stock on hand (no customized jerseys).
  • One per customer.

I wonder what they will do with them?

My guess: some kid in El Salvador will be getting a #81 jersey to go with his Patriots Super Bowl XLVI Champions shirt.

Just building the worldwide brand ;)

You act like the Patriots are going door to door confiscating Hernandez jerseys in order to burn them all at the fifty yard line at the home opener as a display of shame. They're not doing anything to the public's perception of Hernandez except nudging them toward forgetting his connection to the team. And no matter what happens, he's no longer a Patriot, so there will be plenty of people that'd rather have a different jersey. The fans win, the team wins, and Hernandez isn't really affected because the media has done enough to ruin most people's opinion of him.

You don't think people are saying look at the patriots who know him don't even believe in him that's why they are doing this exchange. Heck Brian Billick was already alluding to this after they just cut Hernandez.

You act like the Patriots are going door to door confiscating Hernandez jerseys in order to burn them all at the fifty yard line at the home opener as a display of shame. .

They should burn AH at the 50 yard line.

Our dear old friend Prentice either took one too many bong rips or had his twitter hacked. Those tweets were way out of left field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back